DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Again, some classic movies got brutal reviews..

I'm going watch early anyways.. But on AoA and anything released by Michael bay I'm waiting until actual people watch

Like I stopped automatically trusting Ridley Scott.. But heard good things about the Martian, so I watched

DOFP got 91% on RT I see
nerd.gif
marvel fanboys have RT on payroll 
mean.gif

I don't think this will be similar to F4, this has way more overwhelming positive twitter reaction than F4, while there were some good to great F4 reactions after screenings, there were also plenty of "it wasn't as bad as reported" posts.

That's the main difference I am seeing between the two in terms of reactions. I think what really hurt F4 is the director pretty much disowning his own film.

I don't want to get ahead of things either but I do think other international market like China do not really care about reviews (I could be wrong of course) and box office there won't be affected as they look forward to the characters instead.

I don't think this will be similar to F4, this has way more overwhelming positive twitter reaction than F4, while there were some good to great F4 reactions after screenings, there were also plenty of "it wasn't as bad as reported" posts.

That's the main difference I am seeing between the two in terms of reactions. I think what really hurt F4 is the director pretty much disowning his own film.

I don't want to get ahead of things either but I do think other international market like China do not really care about reviews (I could be wrong of course) and box office there won't be affected as they look forward to the characters instead.

Do you feel Suicide Squad will fair better

I think SS will fare well on its own.

Ayer puts out solid films, no Snyder (production credit at least) and the villain factor that hasn't been fully exploited yet in the DCEU. You also have the big names attached and also we get another glimpse of Batfleck.

I think SS will fare well on its own.

Ayer puts out solid films, no Snyder (production credit at least) and the villain factor that hasn't been fully exploited yet in the DCEU. You also have the big names attached and also we get another glimpse of Batfleck.

The things I saw honestly have me more hyped than I am for BvS. I think we are hyped for BvS because of the principal of it happening while people are hyped about SS for the actual movie that was created.

Do you feel Suicide Squad will fair better

Better reviewed? Chances are high that it'll be better but who really knows at this point. I think if this falls below 50% (currently below 40% at the moment) then it won't be too hard to beat. Plus I think Suicide Squad is just going to have less things to juggle around, for the most part it is a singular story. Director doesn't have a bad rep yet either.

Last edited:
Reviews I think really only impact American audiences. I don't think Asian markets really give a damn. Not so sure about Europe and Australia.

I always thought this movie was going to fare significantly better overseas anyway.

Last edited:
What did yall really expect from a Snyder film though? Still can't believe WB handed the keys to the DCEU to him lmao

What did yall really expect from a Snyder film though? Still can't believe WB handed the keys to the DCEU to him lmao
Who would be a better replacement that can navigate this universe?

I imagine a team of the best directors/writers/creators would've been ideal. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any particular directors.

I imagine a team of the best directors/writers/creators would've been ideal. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any particular directors.

Throw a bag of cash at Whedon :lol:

I do think he'd have more fun at DC because they let their directors have more control over their films, for better or worse.

Throw a bag of cash at Whedon
laugh.gif

I do think he'd have more fun at DC because they let their directors have more control over their films, for better or worse.
Interesting, I think that'd work.

smokin.gif

It would really suck if this movie bombs lol.

They delayed the release of this movie, and this started filming eons ago. I think 2 years ago?

Civil War started filming last spring and its release is a month apart from BvS :lol:

DC hasn't made a movie since 2013 (MoS), which is eons by comic book movie standards.

They're literally putting all their eggs in this basket, so it made sense that they'd delay the release. This is by no means a rushed production. So if it ends up bombing anyway..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom