DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I think most did think that, would have been cool but then critics would have just said he was shoehorned for no reason

and yes I am going to adhere to putting spoilers into spoilers :lol:

i mean they already lazily shoehorned Aquaman, Cyborg, and Flash appearances in surveillance video clips lol.

I went into this movie hoping to just be able to turn off my brain and watch a dumb action movie

but snider put so much effort into making this movie so serious and created huge pacing and editing issues just shoehorning in scenes just to avoid plotholes that I cant sit here and not point out all the stupid stuff that happened throughout the film that makes no sense 

what was the point of lex adding his blood to doomsday?

what was the point of the special lex bullets? why not just regular bullets?

everything after the bat v superman fight was just awful, why didnt zack snider learn from ASM2?

why did lois throw the spear into the water? was super random and everyone knew she would have to get it later on 
All guesses here until I see the movie again:

Lex adding blood is I guess to imbued some of himself into the monster, for a sec I actually thought it was going to produce Bizarro. But yeah I think he just didn't want to create a full blown Kryptonian so he wanted it mixed.

The special bullets are so that it can't be traced, I guess? Which was traced back to LexCorp anyways :lol: To give Lois something to do? :lol:

Snyder never saw ASM2? :lol:

Lois threw the spear initially so that it can't be used against Supes again. She didn't know Luthor was creating Doomsday.
it seemed like lex was create super lex or something, they didnt make it too clear in the movie. why the hell was he able to just instantly take full command of the ship? in MoS that robot thing attacked lois when she walked in.

but like isnt the fact that there are bullets in the dead people enough proof that it wasnt superman that killed them? if not then using regular bullets is plenty untraceable 

like if lois is smart and she has the only thing in the world that can hurt superman, why not wait and see what superman wants to do with it. rather than throwing it in the first hole she can find

He used Zods fingerprints so it gave him access, the bot thought he was a kyrptonian

I dont think they investigated the dead bodies since it was overseas? again guessing but Lois just happen to come with the bullet because it got stuck on his notebook

she wasn't really thinking, all she saw was Supes about to get killed with it so she just tossed it. plus she just didnt even want it close to him because he just gets hurt by it if it's in the vicinity

I think most did think that, would have been cool but then critics would have just said he was shoehorned for no reason

and yes I am going to adhere to putting spoilers into spoilers :lol:

i mean they already lazily shoehorned Aquaman, Cyborg, and Flash appearances in surveillance video clips lol.

Some felt that way, I personally did not, I think it blended well with the WW story. As I said before, it would have made a better post-credit scene but I specifically said that Aquaman would have felt forced and shoehorned because there were some critics who also said WW was shoehorned and forced. So despite her being one of the standouts, there's still that criticism and it would have been worst if Aquaman just popped out and helped fight Doomsday.

Movie was ok. Coming from someone who wanted to love it.

It was hardly BvS.

When they showed the league it should of been a post credit scene. And it was terrible at that. Besides Cyborg, his was pretty cool

i thought they were going to have a cyborg movie

they showed his origin story in a 10 second easer egg 

I love MOS but my initial reaction to this film is disappointment. I think my expectation were too high. As others have said this seemed bloated. There are elements that I REALLY like so it's hard for me to trash it. It was ok at best. I'll still be seeing it again in theaters at some point.

Batfleck was amazing. He did a hell of a job as both Bruce and Bats.

Jeremy Irons as Alfred :pimp:

WW getting to show out was great.

I actually kind of enjoyed Eisenberg as Lex. He definitely had some cringe worthy moments but overall I bought it.

Dislikes:

JL intros felt forced and were nothing but a fan service. Just felt out of place.

I can't figure out why Diana was there. She was investigating Lex, ok but why? I might have missed it during the convo with Bruce because my girl kept asking questions.

Bat's dream sequence. I get that they were trying to show Bruce being pushed further to the edge but it didn't work for me. I assumed that was Flash at the end of it but wasn't sure until I entered this thread. It added another layer that didn't need to be in the film. It's a big "who the f is that" without it being addressed later.

The pacing, especially early on, was not good.

When did Clark find out Bruce was Bats? He called him Bruce at the beginning of the fight but before that it never seemed like he knew. I can make an assumption that he used the x-ray vision but eh. Not big just something I noticed :lol:

Movie was 6/10
The bad guy (not named lex or batman) was mediocre.
Batman was pretty much a villain until he came to his senses. Dude was too much of a bad guy. I wont show this movie to my son. It will mess up his view of batman lol
Wonder Woman was not very good. She shields powerful rays (that can knock superman down) with her bracelets? When she showed up in the battle it was kinda cringe worthy.
Again, Batman brands villains and shoots and stabs "bad guys"? The best thing about this batman is his toys, bat cave entrance, and butler/tech engineer/mechanic whose skills and genius rivals Tony Stark's lol

Instead of throwing all these heroes out there they should spend more time developing the bad guy.
Was hoping to see lex luthor in his suit and not the other bad guy (i know his name but dont want to spoil).
Atleast the movie made me a superman fan. Dude is a good guy who loves his mom, girlfriend, and job. Plus he saves people. Superman doesnt deserve this treatment lol he should jet with Louis like Batman did in the end of Dark Knight rises lol
completely disagree with everything here. How was bats the bad guy? If anything he was the good guy trying to take down humanity's biggest threat (superman).
This version of bats clearly isn't the kid version, won't kill a fly batman of the past. This dude is older, jaded, and just doesn't give a f anymore. I personally enjoyed it. It's just a different take on bats because he's in a different phase in life.
Definitely disagree with wonder woman being bad and cringe worthy as well. That part when she came in and saved bats was dope. It had the whole theatre clapping. Also, her bracelets are petty strong from what I remember, since I think she can block superman darkseid beams (I'm not entirely sure about that though).
Kind of weird how you liked superman most out of all of this, since I thought he was petty weak overall.

Not sure how to post spoilers on mobile tough, so I'm done for now.
Solid movie. Not amazing, but def not terrible by any means.
This was my first imax 3d experience, and the visuals were :smokin

Last edited:
Just got back from my 1am showing...Man was this crowd different from when I saw it Monday.

I had such a great time seeing it with the fanboys...then tonight, packed theater, didn't seem like they were into it.

I understand the gripes and dislikes with this movie though, I finally realized them the 2nd time, but the positive stuff, which was the fan service still stands out more to me.

Man my best friend who I saw it with tonight, comic (likes DC/Marvel) historian, got so many damn references. Like stuff I didn't notice before and it was his first time seeing it. He'd name the issue/storyline it came from, whether it was just a moment or just a single frame or shot of the film. Definitely got me to see Snyders appreciation for the source material, but man its just gonna go over everyones heads, that's the unfortunate part. To sum it up, after seeing the film twice this week, its definitely overambitious. He has a 3rd go round at this thing with JL, if he don't knock it out the park :smh: for everyone's sake.

EDIT:

At this point, I feel that as long as Snyders name it on the directors chair, everyone will be weary right off the bat. Hope inner workings at WB start figuring things out, as much as I say that I'm ok with MOS and BVS, which I am, Snyder shouldn't have the keys to the whole thing.

Last edited:
After skimming through these past overnight posts, I more or less wanna see still see the movie to judge the Batfleck hype. Seems like you guys are really taking to him.

Damn son word of mouth might really hurt or help the movie

Walked in the office and the first thing I see is my coworker turning around to stare at me....he sees that I'm not crazy hyped like I ususlly am when I see a fire movie...he goes "tell me man...how was it"

I go "it was aight. Maybe a 7/10"

He goes "damn man then I'm not gonna see it".

I told another coworker that the fights and visuals were all fantastic and he goes "so what was bad about it", I tell him the pacing is weird but he doesn't really understand that.

So I think average moviegoers won't take too much issue with the movie, but at the same time if my lack of hype is any indication, there are plenty others who feel the same way and will tell their friends, and those friends in turn won't see it

Saw it last night . Annoyed with decisions made in this movie . I was able to follow it fine, but I see why critics and audiences in general probably won't be feeling this . The Easter eggs were confusing and there weren't even that many, and the plot was jumbled. I did like the Cameos for the other leaguers tho, as it played out in the end. The one initial cameo in the Dream Sequence was kind of confusing, again, not for me, but if you haven't been following the film or the DCEU u had no idea who that was or his relevance. Anyways

More Batfleck .. We Need more Batfleck ASAP!

Aquaman is in the middle of the ocean, so it made sense for him not to be there. But like you guys, I thought he as coming out the water :lol:

The music que in some of the scene was just over the top...

The Watchman slander is getting out of hands smdh

Last edited:
I give this movie a strong 7. I wasn't a fan of Lex and they really need to replace Amy Adams :smh:

Also, it was just missing a "charm" to it. It doesn't have to be campy or Marvel-like, but someone needed to crack a joke or something in there, especially in a 2.5 hr movie :lol:

Other than that, I think this movie will be more enjoyable as the DCCU expands. It's definitely what a prologue of a book would be and it did its job to make me excited about the actual JLA movie.

Back
Top Bottom