DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

TBH I have to agree with how Snyder explained Bat's behavior, he wasn't actively going out of his way to murk people, he just gave no dambs about consequences and the situations the enemies were already in.

I feel like Snyder specifically made him NOT brand Luthor to signify the change back to a less brutal Bats.

If this batman murks people then he won't have that killing / putting down bad guys conflict with Red Hood. Unless what happened to Jason Todd is what caused a change in batman to be vicious against criminals. I need an awesome Red Hood though. Sign up Gyllenhaal.

They definitely hint at the Jason Todd/Death in the Family storyline...and they hint at how Bruce has changed over the years in that conversation he had with Alfred where they talk about how Bats isn't that much further away from the criminals now

View media item 1969397
This is the first live action Batman where I can say that entire storyline would actually work really, really well. And as you say they've pretty much set it up already. Just actually go into some detail of what happened, maybe have Joker talk about it in Suicide Squad, and give Affleck a solo film to bring it together. Jason Todd's not even my favorite Robin, but Batman vs Red Hood on the big screen could be amazing. :smokin Wonder if Joker used the crowbar this time around.

Last edited:

Make the talent sign a multi-picture contract like Jackman as Wolverine. Only way it's gonna work.

They already are, Momoa recently said on an instagram post that he is with DC for 10 years.
So this means Snyder is also locked for 10 years?
Probably but again despite his part in the direction DCEU goes, he is only directing JL1 and JL2 and really I think that is probably the biggest problem most have.
This is not a good look given the fact that they have to succeed with JL.

They cannot goof up. This is basically their first Avengers.

TBH I have to agree with how Snyder explained Bat's behavior, he wasn't actively going out of his way to murk people, he just gave no dambs about consequences and the situations the enemies were already in.

I feel like Snyder specifically made him NOT brand Luthor to signify the change back to a less brutal Bats.
Can you say, Supes brought the HOPE back to the Bats? 
wink.gif

They definitely hint at the Jason Todd/Death in the Family storyline...and they hint at how Bruce has changed over the years in that conversation he had with Alfred where they talk about how Bats isn't that much further away from the criminals now
In the movie while talking to Alfred Bruce said something to the effect" how many good guys are left? How many stayed that way? " I definitely think he's referring to red hood

I'm not sure who to blame for the BvS plot and pacing issues. There are similar awkward editing issues with MoS so I'm going to pin things on Goyer. I'm going to wait and see if Terrio can put a CBM script together from scratch with JL.

I still believe that Snyder's visuals and a solid, impenetrable script could make a perfect CBM. Although I will admit certain decisions he's made about the Superman character are absolutely buns.

Also upon further thought, killer Batman is a little too messy for my tastes.

Don't mind Batman killing, as long as it's not in the comics. But that really just raises the question of why the Joker's still alive, which isn't something that we can just brush aside as if the Joker's not one of the greatest mass murderers in the history of Gotham City :lol: If Bruce decides to kill he should be making a concentrated effort to hunt the Joker and put him down like an animal.

Assuming it follows the 2 years or so after TDKR, apparently a lot has happened in Bruce/Batman's life :lol:. With the Robin costume in the Batcave maybe we can assume he went off the edge after Joker offed him, hunted and killed the Jker and then started the brutal rampage we see today :pimp: :lol:

edit: it was hard to imagine all that happened in under two years along with him aging and Wayne Manor becoming bombed out :lol:

This film isn't connected to the Dark Knight Trilogy at all.

Joker's also alive and well in Suicide Squad.

airthompson airthompson Is that Joker=Jason Todd theory still around? Mind explaining it to me, because I honestly never followed it too closely. Doesn't it have something to do with the "J" on his face?

damn nevermind. comments retracted. and now i'm lost more too :lol:.

i guess the batman in this universe is sawft on Joker but not on street thugs?

gonna finally see tomorrow. so much bashing of the movie has only done good for me. im expecting a bad movie but alot of you are too into being the next siskel and ebert you cant just enjoy a movie.

im not hard to please because i know the difference between a comic book movie and the color purple

just as long as its not as bad as sucker punch

Originally Posted by Raider5  

In the movie while talking to Alfred Bruce said something to the effect" how many good guys are left? How many stayed that way? " I definitely think he's referring to red hood
Supes said something similar to this too right before he left Lois to go fight Batman...something along the lines of, "you can't stay good forever..."

The only problem with a Batman vs Red Hood movie is that they will goin back in time when they need to move forward & the only way they can accomplish both at the same time is a flashback scene. I do not want that haha

Dont play yourself. Of course this movie was gonna do big business in its opening weekend. Where its gonna start hurting are the second and third weekends.

if that last transformers movie did one billion this will easily do one billion

casual fans probably care less what online critics think. you see batman vs superman in the title and its an automatic watch

Last edited:
airthompson airthompson Is that Joker=Jason Todd theory still around? Mind explaining it to me, because I honestly never followed it too closely. Doesn't it have something to do with the "J" on his face?

Jason Todd gets killed by Joker with a crowbar in the comics before coming back as Red Hood ... or something to that extent? Could be wrong don't know DC comics too good.

But anyway, the theory is Batman left up Robins costume, with crowbar in hand, making fans think Leto Joker is Todd. Otherwise why leave the tagging and assumed murder weapon on a suit that is paying homage to your late sidekick? Also the Joker has the same J tat on his eye as that of Todds in one of the games. Also I think Joker has a Robin tat on the bicep.

If he isn't Robin, then Batman slipping letting his friend get offed, murking criminals, but having Joker loose.

he killed like 30 people thoughout the movie, many who were just standing outside a building not even remotely in his way. he spent the entire movie plotting to murder superman.

how does not branding lex, who literally almost destroyed the world and was the cause of rehashing his childhood trauma make any sense? 
laugh.gif

Jason Todd gets killed by Joker with a crowbar in the comics before coming back as Red Hood ... or something to that extent? Could be wrong don't know DC comics too good.

But anyway, the theory is Batman left up Robins costume, with crowbar in hand, making fans think Leto Joker is Todd. Otherwise why leave the tagging and assumed murder weapon on a suit that is paying homage to your late sidekick? Also the Joker has the same J tat on his eye as that of Todds in one of the games. Also I think Joker has a Robin tat on the bicep.

If he isn't Robin, then Batman slipping letting his friend get offed, murking criminals, but having Joker loose.

Im still scared of this theory cause the more its explained, the more it seems true :smh:

Back
Top Bottom