Dead Rat Found in a Can of Pepsi

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Must be the new G-Force edition.
laugh.gif

sick.gif

speaking about rats...i heard someone found a dead mouse mixed in with some bread dough at this big chain food store...sick

our country has gone to crap.

Sue? Sue for what? You werent injured, you werent hurt, youre not damaged.

True, its extremely nasty but what would they sue FOR? People acting like they should never have to work again? Thats ridiculous. Our lazy society's firstidea is to always sue someone.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

True, its extremely nasty but what would they sue FOR? People acting like they should never have to work again? Thats ridiculous. Our lazy society's first idea is to always sue someone.
True, they should only be suing if there were some kind of damages. If they didn't get sick, and needed no treatment, all they really areentitled to is a new, rat free can of Pepsi. BUT, a lawyer will find some way to sue Pepsi for punitive damages for being negligent in letting a rat get intothe can. But you're right, just because Pepsi has deep pockets people act like they just won the lotto, when all that happened is they got a littlegrossed out.

Now, as someone pointed out earlier, if they were smart they would not have gone public like this. Keeping the incident on the hush hush would have been worthWAY more to Pepsi than the actual act of seeing a rat in your can. Unless they tried that, and Pepsi isn't buying the story...

True, its extremely nasty but what would they sue FOR? People acting like they should never have to work again? Thats ridiculous. Our lazy society's first idea is to always sue someone.
Sir your not being reasonable here. I see your point to an extent. but c'mon, dude rank a pepsi with a dead rodent inside of it
sick.gif

dude must have been like this
eek.gif
sick.gif
at first
and then
grin.gif
after he took the pics
after court
hell be
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
straight to the bank
and will be
smile.gif
for a very long time

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Sir your not being reasonable here. I see your point to an extent. but c'mon, dude rank a pepsi with a dead rodent inside of it
sick.gif

Did the guy die? No. Did he get seriously ill? No. Did he lose the use of any limbs? No. Was he disfigured? No. Is he incapabale of working now? No. What exactly is it that you say is unreasonable here? Being grossed out doesn't equal millions of dollars in pain and suffering. That was the point, andI don't find it unreasonable to any extent. That fact that you find it unreasonable only proves the point further; that its so ingrained in our societyat this point that we can't fathom
tongue.gif
the thoughtof not suing.

omg thats disgusting i am so glad i gave up soda and juice and only drink water man that is down right nasty and to htink eww he drank it. I have a ? did henot notice the weight of the bottle being a bit heavier than normal?

Physical damages arent the only type of damages you can sue for. You can have your opinion if drinking rat pepsi would cause you mental trauma or not.... butIMO it prolly would

the families of victims who are killed by others drunk driving are not physically harmed by the accident but often sue and recover large amounts from theperson who was drinking and driving.

I agree there is no reaosn to sue, I just feel this should be made public so people are a ware of this stuff and begion to go about healthy lives becasue justimagine what goes on in other factories with other types of items. But things happen and I doubt that Pepsi did this on purpose.

Originally Posted by Gmills23

Physical damages arent the only type of damages you can sue for. You can have your opinion if drinking rat pepsi would cause you mental trauma or not.... but IMO it prolly would

the families of victims who are killed by others drunk driving are not physically harmed by the accident but often sue and recover large amounts from the person who was drinking and driving.

Yes, because someone was KILLED by another person's negligence. Again, nobody died, nobody was injured in this scenario. You can sue for physical damages(that would be the value of the Pepsi can you couldn't drink), you can sue for pain and suffering (again, being grossed out is not a multi-million dollarworthy claim), and you can sue for punitive damages (which would be Pepsi's negligence in letting a rat into the can).

The ONLY way this is worth millions in compensation is if Pepsi decided that it was worth it to settle the suit with a gag order, basically keep quiet money,so that the story doesn't get out and Pepsi would not lose revenue from others who fear rats in their cans. But obviously, too late for that...

I see, I thought you were saying dude cant sue at all cuz he wasn't harmed....
I feel you though, I dont think this particular case should award him that large of a sum...but I got a feelin dude still gonna get paid if he got a halfwaydecent lawyer
grin.gif

remember guys...only drink 20 oz bottles now. that is the most disgusting animal/bug in food/drink i've seen to date though.

^
I physically get nauseous when I find hair in my food in restauarants. My first instinct is not to SUE, but to get the heck outta that restuarant and nevercome back.

Under your line of thinking, I should sue for damages

Unholy !%@*, that is powerfully disgusting. I don't even trip on !%@* liske this most of the time. You know,when it be like...a single fly at the salad bar and the food and drug guys come through and ban hammer the whole place? Well, usually that type of!%@* ain't even a big deal to me. But this may be by far the most sick !%@* I ever read along these lines.

Every now and then I get a can that feels heavier than usual
laugh.gif
creeps me out. This is the risk you take when you consume prepackaged food items though.

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwel

Someone needs to update this thread when it's proven that these people are trying to pull a scam. I call BS.

I dont know much about the canning process, but to me, its impossible that the mouse couldve fit through the opening in the can. Under that assumption, we needto believe that as the aluminum was being formed, the mouse got in there at the exact time. Also, id imagine the machines fill each can with a certain amountof soda, and if there was a mouse in there, it wouldnt have worked in their process correctly and im sure they have things in place to get rid of bad cans.

Back
Top Bottom