Dear Mr. Reseller...Please dont kill the game

Recently I've noticed a sudden jump in the sneaker reselling business with the release of the  Air Jordan Space Jam XI back in december 2009 & the Nike Foamposite One "Copper" colorway. With all the anticipation for the latest hottest "HYPE" sneaker trend growing by the day, the demand for  hottest kicks out is at an all time high. People who are not even fans of the sneaker culture & it's artistic form have now figured out ways to make a profit by reselling sneakers for hundreds of dollars over the actually retail price listed on the box. Now I dont see anything wrong with a individual purchasing shoes at a discount price from a large corporate company such as Nike or Footlocker inc. or any other large chain because in world we live in today sadly its dog eat dog. If your making a honest living off of reselling "Hype shoes" then more power to you, but think about when the "suits & ties" really start to catch on to what you guys are doing!, Hmm.? For example the Air Jordan XI space jam re-retro retailed at $175.00, Some people flipped about that & the quality of the kicks itself.  Many others say the original space jams that released in 2000 which retailed at $125.00 were much better quality...Personally i think Nike & JB's retro releases are now being made to perform more so for basketball more than just looking great on your feet walking to the corner store but thats a diffrent story. At the end of the day after all the complaining was said...The hype machine was all oiled up and ready to go. People camped out infront of stores and computer screens also all waiting for that FSR to go on sale, Not worried about the $50.00 hype tax added onto the re-retro. No matter how many of you dudes #%!+**! about the quality and price...The shoes were still a instant sellout across the country. Why, You ask?...I'll tell you why, Nike & JB knows of how much control they have over the sneaker game in this day and age. If you got some dude whose working at Home Depot while selling kicks for double the price on the side then what makes you think they wont start to inflate their prices just the same?. This is just the begining of the sneaker games drawn up change. So please Mr. Reseller....Don't kill the game.

Originally Posted by KickzIHeart

...Personally i think Nike & JB's retro releases are now being made to perform more so for basketball more than just looking great on your feet walking to the corner store but thats a diffrent story.
stopped reading right there...
indifferent.gif

Reselling these days is almost dead.

Between eBay/Paypal and restocks... reselling is going to be a thing of the past (as soon as Nike wants to end it.)

Personally i think Nike & JB's retro releases are now being made to perform more so for basketball more than just looking great on your feet walking to the corner store but thats a diffrent story.
callofduty4-4.jpg

The "Game" is already dead.

No matter how you want to look at it, it's ruined.

The information age and instant access to inventory updates has killed the fun in going to a store to see what they have.
---Going on the release date and just walking in casually and buying is over with.

Originally Posted by cincybcats22

Between eBay/Paypal and restocks... reselling is going to be a thing of the past (as soon as Nike wants to end it.)

right...and on top of that..if anyone really wanted either of the shoes mentioned in op's post....they could have gotten them....the people crying about resale prices are the ones who do not put in work and expect a free handout....if you know a lot of people want these shoes then you will have to get up early to get them...it is that simple...the only exception are those people who do not have a store near them carrying the shoes they want

Originally Posted by dtb00201

right...and on top of that..if anyone really wanted either of the shoes mentioned in op's post....they could have gotten them....the people crying about resale prices are the ones who do not put in work and expect a free handout....if you know a lot of people want these shoes then you will have to get up early to get them...it is that simple...the only exception are those people who do not have a store near them carrying the shoes they want

Op your just now realizing this....
smh.gif
I love when a member post a thread and then never comes back to the original thread to comment.  

It aint the people who sell em, its the people who buy em.
Reselling is dead, besides ISS...

And "the game" you speak of is already dead, you don't need skills to be a sneakerhead anymore, you just need cash and the internet.

huh NO...i did my homework i called the store i knew what time they were gonna open. i showed up early. i didnt get my pair. the fnl had said (on multiple calls) that they had 36 pairs i showed up and they opened the doors and said "ok ppl we got 6 pairs." were i live we dont get much, so i didnt have too many options. so no everyone who wanted a pair didnt get one. i realize i can pay $250 plus, but i will not do that for a low quality shoe. 

Recently I've noticed a sudden jump in the sneaker reselling business with the release of the  Air Jordan Space Jam XI back in december 2009 & the Nike Foamposite One "Copper" colorway. With all the anticipation for the latest hottest "HYPE" sneaker trend growing by the day, the demand for  hottest kicks out is at an all time high. People who are not even fans of the sneaker culture & it's artistic form have now figured out ways to make a profit by reselling sneakers for hundreds of dollars over the actually retail price listed on the box. Now I dont see anything wrong with a individual purchasing shoes at a discount price from a large corporate company such as Nike or Footlocker inc. or any other large chain because in world we live in today sadly its dog eat dog. If your making a honest living off of reselling "Hype shoes" then more power to you, but think about when the "suits & ties" really start to catch on to what you guys are doing!, Hmm.? For example the Air Jordan XI space jam re-retro retailed at $175.00, Some people flipped about that & the quality of the kicks itself.  Many others say the original space jams that released in 2000 which retailed at $125.00 were much better quality...Personally i think Nike & JB's retro releases are now being made to perform more so for basketball more than just looking great on your feet walking to the corner store but thats a diffrent story. At the end of the day after all the complaining was said...The hype machine was all oiled up and ready to go. People camped out infront of stores and computer screens also all waiting for that FSR to go on sale, Not worried about the $50.00 hype tax added onto the re-retro. No matter how many of you dudes #%!+**! about the quality and price...The shoes were still a instant sellout across the country. Why, You ask?...I'll tell you why, Nike & JB knows of how much control they have over the sneaker game in this day and age. If you got some dude whose working at Home Depot while selling kicks for double the price on the side then what makes you think they wont start to inflate their prices just the same?. This is just the begining of the sneaker games drawn up change. So please Mr. Reseller....Don't kill the game.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

And "the game" you speak of is already dead, you don't need skills to be a sneakerhead anymore, you just need cash and the internet.

skills to buy shoes?

If i cared about all the negative comments i would get after posting this i wouldnt have posted it now would i? Its just my own opinion, That means what i think...not you ok? I thought this was niketalk.com & not niketalk****.com. If all you can do is post a vid clip from ur fav tv show then dont post at all. Peace

It's a waste of time to even start a post like this. The masses just don't get it. If these resellers & wannabee resellers would stop buying up the lot, It would take no work or skills
laugh.gif
to buy the sneaker you want. Such sneakers would still be in the stores for people that actually wanted to wear them & for retail or discount prices.

Hell...Just look at how many NT signatures have Spacjams or Copper Foams for sale.
smh.gif

Recent?

Hype on the Spacejams have been building for years, and JB held them back deliberately.

Foams are a love/hate shoe and plenty of people love them.

Nike are just as likely to kill the game by doing 'sudden' additional product runs on shoes that sold out.

This isn't always the case.  I posted my Columbia XI release story in the Space Jam thread and ill post it on here again.   I was 15 at the time, ditched school to get the shoes and risked a possible truancy ticket in the process, and got to the store at 6am and brought a few friends because I seen how hostile the Space Jam release from a month back became, so I wouldn't think I was expecting a handout especially after I saved up money for about a month to get the shoes. When I got to the store there was 3 people in front of me so I felt pretty confident about getting my pair with no problems.

Anyhow dude in front of me bought all 6 pairs of size 11.5 Columbias the store had in stock and that was the size I wear.  Rather then cry about it on a messageboard I took actions into my own hands. I confronted dude and told him that I didn't want there to be any problems and that I didn't care what he did with the other 5 of those pairs but that he was going to sell me one of those pairs for $137.50 which was retail plus tax. Dude was reluctant at first but realized that I had 4 of my friends with me so I guess he thought it was in his best interest to just sell me one of those pairs at retail and go about his day. I could tell he was real pissed off when I gave him the money but after putting all the work I did into getting my pair there was no way I was ending up empty handed in that type of way.

I mainly handled it the way I did because he bought every single pair in my size which was real inconsiderate to me. (yes i know he got there before me) but still.  If the store only had 1 pair of columbias in size 11.5 and he bought them I would have just taken the L since he got there first but the fact that he tried to buy all 6 pairs and deny me of my pair in the process is what infuriated me.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

It's a waste of time to even start a post like this. The masses just don't get it. If these resellers & wannabee resellers would stop buying up the lot, It would take no work or skills
laugh.gif
to buy the sneaker you want. Such sneakers would still be in the stores for people that actually wanted to wear them & for retail or discount prices.

Hell...Just look at how many NT signatures have Spacjams or Copper Foams for sale.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom