Dear Mr. Reseller...Please dont kill the game

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I can understand where you are coming from Cameron, but what you are saying is more pre 2006.

The 2010 reseller is going out buying EVERY release, HOPING to make some sort of profit.

But after Ebay and Paypal fees, how much are you really making????

Nike and stores such as HOH have just recently caught on to this, well alteast here in the DMV.

Now shoes with a release date or ANY HOH release can not be returned.

I can remember people buying FSR's just to return half of them 2 weeks later.

The era of the reseller is over.

I have come the conclusion that if I can not go into a store and buy it, or have a friend or fellow NTer hook it up, I don't need it.
I agree with you about not buying anything if you are unable to get it from a store.. I have the same attitude.. But most of the time I'm able to get whatever I need/want..
All the places I go to know I'm a reseller... They love when I go there because I buy everything they got...

roll.gif
roll.gif
Wow. To hear each outlook on sneakers reselling is comedy... calling this nonsense "the game". What a bunch of customers.
And Napoleon Dynamite aint got nothin' on sneakermane and his skills.

Originally Posted by FudoAkira

calling this nonsense "the game". .
*cue the herm edwards*

"hello you play to win the game, you don't play it just to play it.... and i don't care if you don't have any winners...this whole conversation bothers me"

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

And "the game" you speak of is already dead, you don't need skills to be a sneakerhead anymore, you just need cash and the internet.

skills to buy shoes?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sloane Kettering

KickzIHeart wrote:
...Personally i think Nike & JB's retro releases are now being made to perform more so for basketball more than just looking great on your feet walking to the corner store but thats a diffrent story.

2s8lb8h.gif

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Originally Posted by KickzIHeart

Personally i think Nike & JB's retro releases are now being made to perform more so for basketball more than just looking great on your feet walking to the corner store but thats a diffrent story.
callofduty4-4.jpg

this is some great gif execution going in this thread...

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

I can understand where you are coming from Cameron, but what you are saying is more pre 2006.

The 2010 reseller is going out buying EVERY release, HOPING to make some sort of profit.

But after Ebay and Paypal fees, how much are you really making????

Nike and stores such as HOH have just recently caught on to this, well alteast here in the DMV.

Now shoes with a release date or ANY HOH release can not be returned.

I can remember people buying FSR's just to return half of them 2 weeks later.

The era of the reseller is over.

I have come the conclusion that if I can not go into a store and buy it, or have a friend or fellow NTer hook it up, I don't need it.

It's far from over...not NEARLY what it used to be, but far from over. Until everything is released everywhere, then it'll always continue.

As for the "2010 reseller" who buys everything, they come and go...they don't last long. I personally only get specific sizes that are requested, so I dont sit on anything...also, I gauge how well the shoe is gonna do...everything isn't worth reselling.

In regards to HOH, we dont have one of those here....our stores take back anything that you still have a receipt for. Now, if you bought 15 pairs and came back to return 8 pairs the FIRST time, you automatically gained a reputation, so they're not gonna wanna deal with you in the future, and rightfully so.

Also, I never put shoes on Ebay that's a new release...for the price you'd start the bidding on and what you expect it to end at, you could pay over $25 for a FVF on everyone. I only put shoes on Ebay that came from my personal collection, or I got a good deal on them....last year, I bought 51 pairs of Aqua 8's for $30 each, and they all went on Ebay...they sold ranging from $70-$140, depending on size. Even the lowest price was a double-up. A few were sold on here, but not many.

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

last year, I bought 51 pairs of Aqua 8's for $30 each, and they all went on Ebay...they sold ranging from $70-$140, depending on size. Even the lowest price was a double-up. A few were sold on here, but not many.
living in crappy areas works out for some people
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

last year, I bought 51 pairs of Aqua 8's for $30 each, and they all went on Ebay...they sold ranging from $70-$140, depending on size. Even the lowest price was a double-up. A few were sold on here, but not many.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lol...trust me, the losses far outweigh the gains. I WISH I had the opportunity to purchase stuff from Flight Club, Undefeated, Alife, Dr.Jays, 21 Mercer, etc, etc, etc without havin to pay ridiculous prices, or to put my trust in someone else with that type of money. BUT, if I want the shoes, what other choice I do have (other than to pass on them)? THAT is why reselling won't end.

funny thing is those ending sale prices you got would be good buy prices over here
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I would have gladly paid $135 cash for all 51 pairs
laugh.gif

it really surprises me when people post footlocker or large chain store "steals" from other parts of the country, only time I see that is when employees hide certain things and get fired or pricedropped tremendously

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That is the only kind of re-selling that actually works. Sometimes you make $10 bucks a shoe after all the ebay crap on hype releases unless your using Swoosh like most of these dudes. That's my only guess, because I can't see it being worth it. Most of the time you end up re-selling because you get stuff to hook up other NT'ers or people say they are interested and they flake on you. Re-selling at HOH only works if your not in "TAX" area. Chi at 10.25% kills any reselling. That's why I wonder about most of these dudes at HOH hype releases. I didn't even touch that copper mess or space jams for that matter.

A majority of successful Resellers buy through a connect, yall acting like everyone can just wake up one morning and buy 10 Pairs of Black/Varsity Red AJ6s and hope to make a $10-15 profit, out of each shoe.

Cam Nelson was an example of how true resellers do it...i know dudes that won't touch certain releases if they cant make x2 of what they first invested.
Its all about the Nike/Mom n Pops/Outlets/Mall hookups, and people don't have just one source to grab stuff on the low.

I'll just leave it at that, because True Reselling never dies, its the "buying for Retail hoping to make extra money" that fades away.

Yo! I never laughed so hard in my life, this thread is hilarious the pictures are super funny!

Reselling is a fact off life, the only thing that really bothers me is when stores lie about receiving the shoe or sell them to their friends who resell the shoe to make more money. If you wait in line or camp out do what you want you bought them.

my man tried to return a pair of coppers today at footlocker and they said they dont do returns on shoes that have release dates..... i was
roll.gif
cause he bought them trying to show off acting like he had money to blow and now he's stuck with a shoe that he can't afford to have
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom