Dear Mr. Reseller...Please dont kill the game

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

straight up Bigj
be killing me with these gifs. lol

happy.gif

Originally Posted by rdrex7

Originally Posted by KickzIHeart

If i cared about all the negative comments i would get after posting this i wouldnt have posted it now would i? Its just my own opinion, That means what i think...not you ok? I thought this was niketalk.com & not niketalk****.com. If all you can do is post a vid clip from ur fav tv show then dont post at all. Peace

but c`mon man.. since you POSTED IT ON HERE. YOU CLEARLY wanted it to be known about your opinion (cry baby).. and people that are members of this board, wanna put in there .02

WHAT`D YOU EXPECT?? A COOKIE? HELPING HAND since you missed out on some releases?
eyes.gif
roll.gif

if you really wanted the shoes/you would`ve done your research properly. and on top of that. People that are reselling now a days don`t have that much of a difference in prices. Some are absurd,some are reasonable. 30+40 over retail is good in my books..

Like i said on the first page...If i cared about all the negative comments i would get then i wouldnt have even bother creating this topic homie, If you have nothing to elaborate on this subject then you dont have to say anything. & No i havent missed any release of a shoe that i actually wanted but who cares about that...This is a topic about reselling not what i cop my man...Stay on topic

^^^ since you haven`t missed out on anything you Wanted ... why vent out to NT then????

EDIT: Dear Mr. Reseller...Please dont kill the game
DO YOU even know what you`re topic is about? lol ... my comment is towards you venting out about resellers.. YOU READ MUCH?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Shoe game died a while ago when Nike realize they can charge whatever they want for kicks and people will still buy them. Funny thing is I bet most of the cats on this board have yet to really experience the drop in quality over the years to be complaining. Y'all were coppin' shoes back in the 80's and 90's when they used real leather and quality materials?

And is there really skills to getting shoes? Like camping out skills? You know how to sit at a spot better than other people?
roll.gif
That's how you know the shoe game is dead. When people claim they have better shoe buying skills. Sounds like something you'd hear on those housewives shows. Better shopping skills.
roll.gif
Hahhahaha I was  fortunate enough to enjoy great quality nike sneakers when there was quality.

^^^ since you haven`t missed out on anything you Wanted ... why vent out to NT then????

EDIT: Dear Mr. Reseller...Please dont kill the game
DO YOU even know what you`re topic is about? lol ... my comment is towards you venting out about resellers.. YOU READ MUCH?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Well judging by your sig
laugh.gif
...Im not goin to keep going back n fourth with you about something i stated so clearly about this being my opinion. Your only as big as your post count on niketalk i see

^^^ son.. my post count is nothing compared to some people on NT, been a member of  NT since 05
eyes.gif
... you got a nice post count aswell for being on here since 09 ...
indifferent.gif
.. go build your post count and make these kind of useless thread. YOU VENTING to the wrong forum. go to ISS, they`ll take you in their arms and make you feel better about yourself
roll.gif

EDIT: and about my sig. Those aren`t my size. i was wanting a trade for A size 11. and since no one seems to wanna trade. i gotta sell em for that price to buy my size .... cause of these DAMN RE-SELLERS
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

it's just sneakers. nothing more, nothing less. some rapper wearing asia-only, limited release sneakers and a rich kid in orange county sees them and wants them = easy money.

supply and demand, geniuses. that's the only "game" involved.

If there wasn't resellers there would be no hype... that's the true.. u need a balance of resellers and good loyal sneakerheads... People on NT make resellers look so mad like we just broke one of the commandments of shoes... Hustlin is Hustlin..

OP.. Vented and poured his heart out and letting resellers know he ain`t down with them, so he created a thread and ended up getting flamed and didn`t get the response he wanted  from NT.. LOL
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Meh...

The only thing that would piss me off is if dudes buy every pair in my size...

I'd be ready to snuff his *%$ on the real..

but I havent had a situation like that...

I know too many spots And I had homies look out for me ( My #@*+* CharmCity ) to have a problem...

But alot of the dudes are hustlin *%$ backwards anyway
laugh.gif

These coppers are sooooooo plentiful, it's silly...

esp compared to Retro Blue, Black and even the black/red, black cactus foams....

it's whatever though

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

The "Game" is already dead.

No matter how you want to look at it, it's ruined.

The information age and instant access to inventory updates has killed the fun in going to a store to see what they have.
---Going on the release date and just walking in casually and buying is over with.
Couldn't have said it better.  Im a OG head, im only 29 but been a collector since I was 7-8. I got into selling my kicks back when I was in highschool but that was just for some extra money to buy other stuff back then. I didn't get into reselling until 2004 when I set up my ebay account and started getting rid of what was in my closet just for some extra cash. Doing that I learned more about the sneaker hustle and what kicks were selling for or "worth" to people and eventually made it into a side hustle. I wouldn't consider myself a "reseller" tho. When I go buy kicks, I buy what I like and might buy a extra pair just to sell for some extra cash to support my sneaker habit. I hate the actual "resellers" that buy damn near the whole inventory in a store just so they can make their little greedy profit. Taking the shoes for retail or even cheaper, from the people that actually want to buy the shoe for themselves to wear and also driving the price up to ridiculous amounts. I know we in a recession, so there's nothing wrong with making some extra money but enough is enough.  People are starting to wisen up, the prices are starting to change a bit.  Space Jam's on release day were selling for almost $400 on ebay, now they adveraged out to $250 or even less. Same with the Copper Foams, I see a lot selling for just about below retail.   The kick game isn't the same anymore. 

OP.. Vented and poured his heart out and letting resellers know he ain`t down with them, so he created a thread and ended up getting flamed and didn`t get the response he wanted  from NT.. LOL
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

I got just as much positive an optimistic comments as well as the usual "Get em" vid clips that you see on NT everday. If this post didnt intrest you at all then why put your energy into commenting? Obviously you feel some type of way my friend, & to those who are intelligent enought to understand where i was going with this post. Thanks

The ''game'' cant die fam...Some kid out there right now hype as hell about his kobe's or lbj's.

Im older than 85% of NTers, so i remember the '' good ole days ''....Like everything in our past people tend to be sentimental.

Nowadays you just have to be more prepared and do your homework....Have your cash before RD, instead of a week or 2 after.

Ex: I missed out on last year HOH Pearls, not once could i blam resellers because if i was on point it wouldnt have gotten to that point.

Reselling isn't killing anything. I kind of like it, actually. The way it is with all these resellers, that is. I mean, you used to have to buy 2 pairs of a sneaker or else it meant you might never see that sneaker again two years later for that price. But now with the internet, social networks, and instant access to everything, it's relatively easy to find whatever sneaker you're looking for.

Also, with the plethora of resellers and the simple laws of the free market, resellers have no option but to lower their prices. So now I don't have to always buy 2 pairs of the same shoe on release date knowing that for most shoes I'll be able to find someone on a forum somewhere selling them for $50-60 more than retail. Which is great because that gives me so much time to decide if I even care anymore to have another pair. If I don't, then I don't buy it and I'm not left with a DS pair of a shoe I wished I didn't buy 2 of.

And with the rapid releases and hype that's built through the blogs, forums, etc., people are so quick to jump on the bandwagon from one thing to the next that resell prices are initially high for the first few weeks, but they go down so quickly. That's my $.02.

Reselling has become a part of the sneakergame. You seriously think you gonna go and get your grails for retail, c'mon son!
Supply and Demand is key, if there is enough supply there usually is not demand, when there isn't enough supply, there is demand.
OP you really made this thread because you mad you didn't get your pair of whatever you wanted and now you have to blame the resellers, it's ok. GET USED TO IT.

Originally Posted by Adi934LiiFe

Reselling has become a part of the sneakergame. You seriously think you gonna go and get your grails for retail, c'mon son!
Supply and Demand is key, if there is enough supply there usually is not demand, when there isn't enough supply, there is demand.
OP you really made this thread because you mad you didn't get your pair of whatever you wanted and now you have to blame the resellers, it's ok. GET USED TO IT.

What "pair" are you talking about?...Im in NYC i get damn ner every release that i want so thats not the problem homie & judging by your sig i can see why you decide to hate smh its cool tho youll get them off son dont trip. In fact i dont have a problem at all with resellers if you read the entire first post. The point im trying to make is that Nike may start to inflate prices on sneakers because they see how much $$ resellers are making, So why cant they do it? You already see it starting with mom and pop websites listing the copper foams at $300 and people are still buying them just because of the hype. I believe sooner or later those retail prices will start to rise but i could be wrong only time will tell.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

Anyhow dude in front of me bought all 6 pairs of size 11.5 Columbiasthe store had in stock and that was the size I wear.  Rather then cryabout it on a messageboard I took actions into my own hands. Iconfronted dude and told him that I didn't want there to be anyproblems and that I didn't care what he did with the other 5 of thosepairs but that he was going to sell me one of those pairs for $137.50which was retail plus tax. Dude was reluctant at first but realizedthat I had 4 of my friends with me so I guess he thought it was in hisbest interest to just sell me one of those pairs at retail and go abouthis day. I could tell he was real pissed off when I gave him the moneybut after putting all the work I did into getting my pair there was noway I was ending up empty handed in that type of way.

I mainlyhandled it the way I did because he bought every single pair in my sizewhich was real inconsiderate to me. (yes i know he got there before me)but still.  If the store only had 1 pair of columbias in size 11.5 andhe bought them I would have just taken the L since he got there firstbut the fact that he tried to buy all 6 pairs and deny me of my pair inthe process is what infuriated me.

You got lucky cause nowadays that's a quick way to get popped (even if you packing too) and you do know MJ isn't comming to your funeral.  I feel you about dudes buying up all the supply but I just don't think a pair of sneaks are worth what could have potentially happened to you.

dude was frail and i had 4 other people with me  and it was just him, so if he popped off it could have been bad for him and my friends at the time were the type that would press him for all his pairs (i wouldn't have encouraged that though because im not that type of dude).  i feel where your comming from though, i told dude with the money i gave him to go buy another pair in any other size and from what i remember he did get back in line when i was leaving.

still being a reseller and walking out of a store with multiple pairs of a shoe that all the other people in that line outside the store want is just making you a target especially if your by yourself like that guy was.  Most people will see it as that person is taking their shoes from them especially those who did put time and work in to get their pairs.

if i was buying multiples like that and was by myself i would have just gave the manager a tip and told him to hold the pairs in the back of the store after i paid for them and i would go back later to pick them all up when all the madness died down.  if i was buying multiples i wouldn't be paying retail either though.

still the few times i have resold stuff, i've been a noble reseller if such a thing exists.  i exchanged a 2/21 cdp i got during a footlocker 50% weekend for 2 pairs of volt griffeys and some jordan shorts.   volt griffeys were in demmand at the time last may too,  rather then try and get retail for them i sold them for $125 picked up which was $25 off retail after tax  so it came out to like i only paid $40 for the pair i kept for me.

Originally Posted by alsasam

Originally Posted by purplehazen

thats deep bee... im with you half way, it kind oif makes sense about them inflating prices, i hate the price is higher and the so called quality is cheaper, thats wack... but times change, materials get more expensive, more money has to be spread around, as a company you gotta do something to keep up with the times... nike has been giving us cheap material for a while now... you gotta pay for quality, its like that with everything, "haircuts, weed, food, etc"
I feel you homie. I like the examples you gave
smokin.gif

word homey, its the truth... barbers look at you crazy when you dont give a tip..lol. gotta pay for quality

NomadicSole21 wrote:

And "the game" you speak of is already dead, you don't need skills to be a sneakerhead anymore, you just need cash and the internet.

i never thought being a sneakerhead requires skills lol... 

Originally Posted by justcallmeeric

NomadicSole21 wrote:

And "the game" you speak of is already dead, you don't need skills to be a sneakerhead anymore, you just need cash and the internet.

i never thought being a sneakerhead requires skills lol... 

"Girls only like guys with great skills" 

Back
Top Bottom