Death of BBM coming soon!!!

Originally Posted by heLiumcLinton

AOL/AIM will forever be the GOAT

I miss those days
laugh.gif
people still use AIM, especially when its connected to FB chat.

I feel bad for anyone with a Blackberry.
its getting there.

no big deal. i gots unlimited texts anyway.

just ditched my BB storm for a droid incredible. dont miss the BBM at all.

no big deal. i gots unlimited texts anyway.

just ditched my BB storm for a droid incredible. dont miss the BBM at all.

I tried downloading it on my Droid X and it told me I couldn't because it's reached its maximum amount of downloads for the day

I tried downloading it on my Droid X and it told me I couldn't because it's reached its maximum amount of downloads for the day

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Can someone explain to me the difference between a BBM/KIK and a Text Message? You can send video messages and picture messages on most of the newer phones (iPhone 4, Droid X, Evo 4G,etc...)...If the main difference is group chat then essentially BBM is a waste of time since most people rarely need to tell multiple people the same thing

Also, the fact that you can see whether or not somebody read your BBM is stupid..It seems like something for insecure people that send a text and if they have to wait more than 20 seconds for a reply start panicking like "OMG OMG THEY'RE IGNORING ME!!
frown.gif
"
To assume its a waste of time is stupid.  Do you work in a Corporate environment where Webex, Webinars, and online social/virtual communication takes place almost weekly..maybe even daily for some people??  Imagine your coworkers all in a "chat" while your mobile or don't want to boot up a laptop....just create a BBM Group w/your Sales, IT, etc Dept and you can host a session/dialog without wasting anyones time.  C'mon man, don't be so quick to hate on BBM.  

As for the "read/sent/delivery" status on BBMs....it is a way to confirm delivery and have a paper trail in business.  Think outside of the box man!  

Not everyone is "OMG OMG THEY'RE IGNORING ME!!"  aka KIDS

This poster has a point. I remember when I had a BB and those R/S/D status use to annoy me because there was always one asking "are you ignorning me"
tired.gif
  I do not miss having a BB at all. 

Originally Posted by lokiD40

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Can someone explain to me the difference between a BBM/KIK and a Text Message? You can send video messages and picture messages on most of the newer phones (iPhone 4, Droid X, Evo 4G,etc...)...If the main difference is group chat then essentially BBM is a waste of time since most people rarely need to tell multiple people the same thing

Also, the fact that you can see whether or not somebody read your BBM is stupid..It seems like something for insecure people that send a text and if they have to wait more than 20 seconds for a reply start panicking like "OMG OMG THEY'RE IGNORING ME!!
frown.gif
"
To assume its a waste of time is stupid.  Do you work in a Corporate environment where Webex, Webinars, and online social/virtual communication takes place almost weekly..maybe even daily for some people??  Imagine your coworkers all in a "chat" while your mobile or don't want to boot up a laptop....just create a BBM Group w/your Sales, IT, etc Dept and you can host a session/dialog without wasting anyones time.  C'mon man, don't be so quick to hate on BBM.  

As for the "read/sent/delivery" status on BBMs....it is a way to confirm delivery and have a paper trail in business.  Think outside of the box man!  

Not everyone is "OMG OMG THEY'RE IGNORING ME!!"  aka KIDS

This poster has a point. I remember when I had a BB and those R/S/D status use to annoy me because there was always one asking "are you ignorning me"
tired.gif
  I do not miss having a BB at all. 

If you really want to find a replacement for bbm, you wont...so you might as well just get a blackberry. I had 2 for 4 years and went back to the iPhone because that doesn't matter to me anymore.

If you really want to find a replacement for bbm, you wont...so you might as well just get a blackberry. I had 2 for 4 years and went back to the iPhone because that doesn't matter to me anymore.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I feel bad for anyone with a Blackberry for work
fixed
smile.gif
Wow, I feel just the opposite.  While I wouldn't want a Blackberry in any circumstance, I can at least understand it for work with it's enterprise e-mail and best physical keyboard for typing actual e-mails.

When I see teenagers with Blackberrys, I just scratch my head why they want the phone.  A poor browser.  An out-of-date operating system.  Poor touchscreen devices.  Lack of apps compared to Apple and Android.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I feel bad for anyone with a Blackberry for work
fixed
smile.gif
Wow, I feel just the opposite.  While I wouldn't want a Blackberry in any circumstance, I can at least understand it for work with it's enterprise e-mail and best physical keyboard for typing actual e-mails.

When I see teenagers with Blackberrys, I just scratch my head why they want the phone.  A poor browser.  An out-of-date operating system.  Poor touchscreen devices.  Lack of apps compared to Apple and Android.

I guess 90% of my phone is used for work... if I didn't need that aspect, I probably be rocking a Motorola Razr. 
laugh.gif

iPhone does look cool, I just hate touchscreens. 
ohwell.gif

I guess 90% of my phone is used for work... if I didn't need that aspect, I probably be rocking a Motorola Razr. 
laugh.gif

iPhone does look cool, I just hate touchscreens. 
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom