December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it was a terrible match or Charlotte’s LEG work wasn’t any good :lol:. I just don’t think it was some untouchable moment that Sasha and Io can’t beat.

Any match can be beat (except for Flair/Steamboat from 89)..But Sasha already used up her 1 great match she had in the tank..Everything else from her can be "pretty good" at best..

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it was a terrible match or Charlotte’s LEG work wasn’t any good :lol:. I just don’t think it was some untouchable moment that Sasha and Io can’t beat.
Definitely not untouchable. But Sasha probably hasn't had a match even remotely as good as that in like 4 years when she was feuding with Harlot.

Willing to bet a random match with no build with someone she's never wrestled with before (I don't think?) isn't going to top it.

Any match can be beat (except for Flair/Steamboat from 89)..But Sasha already used up her 1 great match she had in the tank..Everything else from her can be "pretty good" at beast..
Definitely not untouchable. But Sasha probably hasn't had a match even remotely as good as that in like 4 years when she was feuding with Harlot.

Willing to bet a random match with no build with someone she's never wrestled with before (I don't think?) isn't going to top it.

That’s the best type of environment for making a great match. Vince has conditioned y’all to believe a feud has to be built with 5 matches, a schoolboy pin, and some dirty finishes. Sami and Nakamura lit up NXT in a one-off match with no buildup.

That’s the best type of environment for making a great match. Vince has conditioned y’all to believe a feud has to be built with 5 matches, a schoolboy pin, and some dirty finishes. Sami and Nakamura lit up NXT in a one-off match with no buildup.
Nope. Sasha just isn’t the caliber of wrestler that is capable of that. I hope she proves me wrong. Strongly doubt IT though. Harlot, Oscar, or Ripley in there with Lo, sure.

Nope. Sasha just isn’t the caliber of wrestler that is capable of that. I hope she proves me wrong. Strongly doubt IT though. Harlot, Oscar, or Ripley in there with Lo, sure.

You would say the same thing about Nakamura if the match didn’t happen already :lol:.

Sasha is my girl but to blindly predict a match sheis involved with has MOTY potential when she has only had ONE match that was EVER MOTY quality is just insane.

Yall throw labels on ANYTHING in here sometime man.

You would say the same thing about Nakamura if the match didn’t happen already :lol:.
That’s not the same situation either though. There was a lot of anticipation for that. Debut match for their “big signing”. Sold out crowd at Takeover.

This match has literally none of that.

Saying this could be MOTY is just wild IMO. It’s unlikely that it’s even remotely as good as the Harlot vs Oscar match we had on Raw last week.

That’s not the same situation either though. There was a lot of anticipation for that. Debut match for their “big signing”. Sold out crowd at Takeover.

This match has literally none of that.

Saying this could be MOTY is just wild IMO. It’s unlikely that it’s even remotely as good as the Harlot vs Oscar match we had on Raw last week.

Where did I say this could or would be MOTY? I just said it could be better than Charlotte/Rhea.

Where did I say this could or would be MOTY? I just said it could be better than Charlotte/Rhea.
Sorry, BTK was the one that said that. My bad.

Zero chance this is as good as Harlot/Ripley which was the best women’s match in the last year.

Sasha ain't having no Match of Year/Month/Week/Night/Quarter Hour the rest of her career..That Bayley match was a fluke..That match was a result of them being in the safe confines of the PC and getting to train with each other non-stop and constantly going over/talking about what they wanted their match to be..Once it was done and over Sasha fell back to Earth and is now exactly what she always was: A 1 trick donkey with good mic skills who damn near dies every time she steps between the ropes..Quit gassing her basic *** up..She's, probably, not even in the top 25 female wrestlers out there today..

"As God as my witness, he is broken in half!"

Watching HIAC '98 right now as today is the anniversary. I always forget the toss was right in the beginning.
Feel like they were so lucky Foley didn't land on the barricade or even in the damn front row :lol: .

I swear every time I see those clips I always worry that he's gonna come up short and just splat right on the concrete..

The Bailey match is the culmination of one of the best buildups in the history of wrestling. If there’s no buildup, that match is just a good, solid match. And that’s with them working together at the PC for MONTHS.

Sasha ain't having no Match of Year/Month/Week/Night/Quarter Hour the rest of her career..That Bayley match was a fluke..That match was a result of them being in the safe confines of the PC and getting to train with each other non-stop and constantly going over/talking about what they wanted their match to be..Once it was done and over Sasha fell back to Earth and is now exactly what she always was: A 1 trick donkey with good mic skills who damn near dies every time she steps between the ropes..Quit gassing her basic *** up..She's, probably, not even in the top 25 female wrestlers out there today..

Well remember at one point in time, Sasha was the best wrestler in the company and was better than Cena.

Fluke or not, that’s 1 more MOTY than Sting has...

Smh3Gq8.png

So if Sasha vs Bayley has to be asterisked because they had the safety of the PC, why is Charlotte vs Rhea not held to the same standard? Shouldn’t that match also be “well if they didn’t have the pc it wouldn’t have been as good.”?

Fluke or not, that’s 1 more MOTY than Sting has...

Smh3Gq8.png

That may be true..But Sasha ain't selling merch on Sting's level, headlining PPV's like Sting, having a 25 yr career like Sting, and ain't a person alive having "Sasha money" written into their contracts..
But he actually has had a MOTY..And had a #1 spot on the PWI 500..Don't think Snook Dogg Banks has had one of those

So if Sasha vs Bayley has to be asterisked because they had the safety of the PC, why is Charlotte vs Rhea not held to the same standard? Shouldn’t that match also be “well if they didn’t have the pc it wouldn’t have been as good.”?
Who’s giving IT an asterisk?

I was simply pointing out that they were basically working on THAT match for months.

No..Because Charlotte and Rhea only had a brief amount of time to work together (if they did at all) before that match..Sasha and Bayley had spent years in developmental/NXT before their match went down..Totally different circumstances..

Back
Top Bottom