December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

EfGzZd4UYAIl8qJx.jpg

EfGzZd4UYAIl8qJ.jpg

Fantastic commentary and match. The one in 09 was nice too. A rare Taker pin fall loss
Give me some Low-ki HHH matches to watch.

I never messedwith him growing up but as I have matured as a fan, I recognize dude knew what the hell he was doing in there.

Give me some Low-ki HHH matches to watch.

I never messedwith him growing up but as I have matured as a fan, I recognize dude knew what the hell he was doing in there.

I need you to sit down and watch the Triple H Challenge episode from Smackdown 99 :rofl: it’s an entire episode based around Vince having HHH fight for his spot in the six pack challenge match at the following PPV, Unforgiven or something. Just looked it up, September 22nd, 1999. 5 Triple H matches in one night :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
Nitro Recap:

Enjoyed Savage/Luger, real tug of war match. Luger’s lack of good selling/storytelling hurts a bit. But I liked the match, this unknowing DOD angle has been decent except for when the Giant attacked Luger last week. I think they botched the storytelling a bit, been interesting though. The ref bump has to be out of the ring, Savage’s elbow drop has the wrestler see the ref ko’d the entire time. Low IQ.

I enjoy Giant’s early version of the choke slam.

The random Disco Inferno entrance was funny, fit his character to randomly come out and dance before Eddie came out. Eddie/Malenko was nice. Unfortunately a bit ruined, how do you cut away from an entire match to watch Hogan/Jimmy Hart talk. Wait until after the match and have him mumble something like I’m going to the ring now. Just threw off the match and showed how unimportant these guys were. Enjoyed the match that I saw though.

I don’t remember Hogan being bad in interviews, but since we started this I haven’t seen one good one. He just botched a lot. Liked the Old Lady disguise angle and DOD running out. I forgot that surprise attacks didn’t used to have the wrestlers ring entrance play, that’s a nice memory. Shaving Hogan stache was funny part of humiliation.

Arn/Flair were money, good lead to a cage match. But the story for me is Flair/Pillman. You can 100% tell Flair wants nothing to do with Pillman. Doesn’t want to sell, nothing. No interest. Arn has to go over and say something to him, then Flair just laid there like a dead fish. :lol:

Curious to know what that was about.

Mongo is terrible. Commentary is bad.

great summary as always.

Yea big shows early chokeslam looked so damn devastating going all the way down to the match with him opponent like that. Wonder if that hurt too eventually. Son was doing legit 10 of them a night lol

The hogan video inference was absolutely TERRIBLE. Those boys were really going at it and they went from the picture in picture to just full on hogan :smh::smh:

I can already see why they went with the 2 hr format eventually. Too much talent to use man

Back
Top Bottom