December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Dont really know. I guess he did get his flowers when he was alive but i dunno i just wish he was around. Id think i would like to hear his perspective on things in the WRESTLING world today.

Also so that balley wouldnt do that joke of a 'elbow drop' in his honor bc i would hope he would call that **** out and tell her to stop botching that **** lmao

Sophomore rap album? Lol

maxresdefault.jpg

You didn't mess with Jeff?

Outside of their feuds with the dudleys and Edge & Christian... nah.

It took other guys to get him over (Taker, Punk). He was evil kenievel or Shane McMahon. That’s all, never liked his singular ring work.

great summary as always.

Yea big shows early chokeslam looked so damn devastating going all the way down to the match with him opponent like that. Wonder if that hurt too eventually. Son was doing legit 10 of them a night lol

The hogan video inference was absolutely TERRIBLE. Those boys were really going at it and they went from the picture in picture to just full on hogan :smh::smh:

I can already see why they went with the 2 hr format eventually. Too much talent to use man

Thanks.

I’d imagine it was a bit too much, that’s why he changed to the double knees. But him being so big I’d bet his knees were shot after awhile, and that’s where the punch came from. But man, those early choke slams were nice.

I don’t mind small building like “Oh my goodness, we just got word Hogan pulled up...” and then let it marinate. You gave the audience something to chew on with the stars and then gave the in ring work (which was good at the time) their shine. You build up everyone at the same time. Didn’t enjoy that.

Yea for sure, everything these last 5 nitros was pretty much on fast forward.

But we get our first Halloween Havoc this Sunday. Excited to revisit that, their Havoc sets were always top notch. I miss entranced like that, gave the ppv a special look. I don’t think anyone needs to do it for B shows. But for Wrestlemania, Summerslam, etc. make the effort, make it special. Everything but Wrestlemania (not this last one) just feels like another episode of Raw or something.

Nitro Recap:

Enjoyed Savage/Luger, real tug of war match. Luger’s lack of good selling/storytelling hurts a bit. But I liked the match, this unknowing DOD angle has been decent except for when the Giant attacked Luger last week. I think they botched the storytelling a bit, been interesting though. The ref bump has to be out of the ring, Savage’s elbow drop has the wrestler see the ref ko’d the entire time. Low IQ.

I enjoy Giant’s early version of the choke slam.

The random Disco Inferno entrance was funny, fit his character to randomly come out and dance before Eddie came out. Eddie/Malenko was nice. Unfortunately a bit ruined, how do you cut away from an entire match to watch Hogan/Jimmy Hart talk. Wait until after the match and have him mumble something like I’m going to the ring now. Just threw off the match and showed how unimportant these guys were. Enjoyed the match that I saw though.

I don’t remember Hogan being bad in interviews, but since we started this I haven’t seen one good one. He just botched a lot. Liked the Old Lady disguise angle and DOD running out. I forgot that surprise attacks didn’t used to have the wrestlers ring entrance play, that’s a nice memory. Shaving Hogan stache was funny part of humiliation.

Arn/Flair were money, good lead to a cage match. But the story for me is Flair/Pillman. You can 100% tell Flair wants nothing to do with Pillman. Doesn’t want to sell, nothing. No interest. Arn has to go over and say something to him, then Flair just laid there like a dead fish. :lol:

Curious to know what that was about.

Mongo is terrible. Commentary is bad.
1. I was saying the same thing about the Macho/Luger match. I really messed with the match outside of the interference. But as a whole, the match was very good Television match.

2. The Giant's chokeslam was different because, at the time, he was the only person that dropped down with his opponent. Everyone else usually did more of a throw. Good eye.

3. RE: Cutting away from Dean/EG. This was ALWAYS my issue with WCW. You have two Wrestling Wizards in the ring but you are talking about something else and then you COMPLETELY go from your in-ring action to a backstage situation. Stupid.

4. Nice observation with Flair/Pillman but according to Ross/COrnette, Flair wanted Pillman to be world champ when he Flair was the booker. I will find the clip eventually.

I felt it was a solid show.

:lol: @ Your Mongo displeasure.

ihust1e ihust1e
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
Case Case
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Back
Top Bottom