December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Edge> Goldberg
In terms of being recognized as being at the Top of the Food Chain? Nah.

Edge is a career B Student.

But if the best reason to give him the belt is, "Because GOldberg got it" or "He didn't go out on his own terms", you are truly participation trophying the belt.

WWE has done enough of those over the last 20 years.

In terms of being recognized as being at the Top of the Food Chain? Nah.

Edge is a career B Student.

But if the best reason to give him the belt is, "Because GOldberg got it" or "He didn't go out on his own terms", you are truly participation trophying the belt.

WWE has done enough of those over the last 20 years.
Goldberg is washed and corny. He’s not as loved as people think. Some people think he’s a joke. Edge is a legend. Some of the lame dudes that have belts now basically have participation trophies. Give the belt to someone entertaining or a legend, not some scrub with trash mic skills.

Goldberg is washed and corny. He’s not as loved as people think. Some people think he’s a joke. Edge is a legend. Some of the lame dudes that have belts now basically have participation trophies. Give the belt to someone entertaining or a legend, not some scrub with trash mic skills.
You do know why GOldberg was even given the belt right?

But you still have not given a reaosn why Edge should be the champ in 2020.

Do you think WWE would ever consider a multi-year deal with a city for Mania?

IMO, just doing IT yearly in Vegas would be awesome. Maybe some sort of deal could be cut between WWE and the stadium in order to make IT make sense for a 2 day show. Get rid of the Mania Takeover and just sprinkle those matches into the Mania card. Make it like a Wrestling Coachella.

- Super walkable
- No issue with hotel rooms or transportation
- Great nightlife
- Tons of venues for indy shows

Like him or not goldberg is a big draw. he was a big draw when wrestling was at its peak and hes a draw now when wrestling is not as big.

goldberg has always been a 3 move wrestler so not sure how he could be washed. his whole gimmick was being indestructible much like the ultimate warrior was

when you have them lose they lose their aura

Also the people who hate him are wwe stans who only suck off the characters who vince created. Because goldberg was a wcw product they hate him. Just look at the disrespect they show sting.

edge is a life time mid carder. A tag team wrestler.

You throw goldberg name out on espn or any network they know who he is

You trot out adam copeland and people are like who? Edge! They be like who?

You need bigger than life characters to draw casual fans in

[/QUOTE]
So let me humor the, "Give it to a Legend" part.

That hurts
Super Showdown?
Yes.

From reports, the major things that happen at those Saudi shows are requests from the Elites.

They also wanted Yokozuna and Ultimate Warrior on the cards as well though.

IMO, just doing IT yearly in Vegas would be awesome. Maybe some sort of deal could be cut between WWE and the stadium in order to make IT make sense for a 2 day show. Get rid of the Mania Takeover and just sprinkle those matches into the Mania card. Make it like a Wrestling Coachella.

- Super walkable
- Great nightlife
Terrible Idea. WWE is trying to globalize the promotion. Why would they localize their biggest marketing tool?

- Super walkable
- Great nightlife

I don't see why not.

It also give fans longer to get their mokney right since they know 2 years in advance.

Great idea.

How would having a perennial 2 day show in "the entertainment capital of the world" negatively affect the globalization of the promotion? It's not like they are doing international Manias...

I think it's a good idea but at the same time I don't like it..It's fun getting to travel to different cities and experience different things..Gives each Mania it's own "vibe" and I enjoy that..

How would having a perennial 2 day show in "the entertainment capital of the world" negatively affect the globalization of the promotion? It's not like they are doing international Manias...
We're getting a Mania in England this decade, and probably w/n the next 5yrs. Also, WWE would not sacrifice the relationships of Saudi, Florida, Cali, & NEW YORK officials by giving their BIGGEST show away on a yearly bases to Las Vegas. Plus, the traveling aspect is all part of the of the Wrestlmania experience for workers & fans alike. You host it in one city and take away that special feeling. They should definitely keep Mania at 2 nights though.

I think it's a good idea but at the same time I don't like it..It's fun getting to travel to different cities and experience different things..Gives each Mania it's own "vibe" and I enjoy that..
Totally feel you and I agree. I wasn't head over heels thrilled about IT being in Tampa at first, but I then did some research on different food and brewery options in the area and whatnot, and I was actually pretty excited.

We're getting a Mania in England this decade, and probably w/n the next 5yrs. Also, WWE would not sacrifice the relationships of Saudi, Florida, Cali, & NEW YORK officials by giving their BIGGEST show away on a yearly bases to Las Vegas. Plus, the traveling aspect is all part of the of the Wrestlmania experience for workers & fans alike. You host it in one and take away that special feeling. They should definitely keep Mania at 2 nights though.
You're acting like they aren't traveling all over the damn place for the rest of the year. Do you think venues in Cali, New York, and Florida are all of the sudden going to just turn down WWE events? Laughable :lol:

People still GLADLY travel to the damn desert for Coachella every year. 90% of big UFC and boxing cards are in Vegas every year and people travel from all over the world for those.

Back
Top Bottom