December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

giphy.gif

Are you saying the NWA belt was the ECW belt before that

No..Shane wrestled, as an Eastern Championship Wrestling, wrestler in an NWA tourney to determine the new NWA Worlds Heavyweight champion..After he won the NWA belt, he threw it down and said he didn't want it cause the NWA was a dying promotion..He picked up the ECW, Eastern Championship Wrestling, belt and proclaimed it the new ECW, Extreme Championship Wreslting, World Heavyweight title..It took the Apter mags a couple years to officially recognize the ECW title as a world title..The NWA has been around for over 100 years..When Benoit won the belt at Souled Out 2000 the WCW was no longer associated with the NWA in any way..But yet they still claimed the WCW title's history went back almost a century..

Just finished up the Brawl For All episode of DSOTR. Butterbean ko'ing Bart Gunn at that Mania will forever be seared into my brain. I doubt I'll forget it as long as I live. This is the first time I'd seen it in forever, and the version in my brain was still 100% accurate. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom