December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

rock-brahma-replica-800px.jpg

Don't know if posted or discussed, but these numbers are phenomenal even for today, let a lone 20-25 years ago. And this was for wrestling 150 days or less a year.

Doesn't include the Time Warner guys like Hogan, but look at Sid for example. 800,000 with Pay Per View fees at 50,000. And both went up every year.

Edit - It actually does have everyone except for Hogan. Bret got an 100,00k for any injury. That Goldberg vs. Bret was a 5 million dollars/year in the ring for WCW.

Last edited:
Found the Hogan Contract -

Hogan got either 15% of PPV buys or $675,000 PPV guarantee. Only had to appear at a max of 6. BRUH!!!!

original_original.png

Every time JR talks about Dr. Death you 'd think dude was talking about the 2nd coming of Lou Thesz, Harley Race, and Stone Cold all rolled into 1..
Nah, JR just talks about how believable dude was. And he was VERY believable man. I wish it could have worked out for him in WWE but the injury basically hurt the chances of that happening.

Great talent

Would never happen to my favorite tag teams so don't know what to tell you bubba.

The Revivalists and Dan Burch and Oney Lorcans of the world are cool. They serve their purpose.

Rich Man's enhancement talents. Nothing more.

them fans at full sail really do those acts a disservice gassing them like that

Dr Death was never going to be a big star in Attitude Era WWF no matter if he got knocked out or not

Why not? He seemed big in other places and at worst would have probablycarried a few RAWs and PPVs and been someone they could have around to diversify matchups

dummies should have just worked the shoot on some stiff Japanese **** and have him win it, bam that’s his gimmick Toughest Man In WWF Vs. Toughest SOB etc

Why not? He seemed big in other places and at worst would have probablycarried a few RAWs and PPVs and been someone they could have around to diversify matchups

dummies should have just worked the shoot on some stiff Japanese **** and have him win it, bam that’s his gimmick Toughest Man In WWF Vs. Toughest SOB etc

Look no further than the example of Big Van Vader

Keywords in D deleted 's claim were "Attitude Era."

We know what that era was all about.

Keywords in D deleted 's claim were "Attitude Era."

We know what that era was all about.

what you mean

y’all don’t think he would have got over

I think it woulda been cool to kinda have a legit shooter that the fans kinda hate to admit could really beat Rock or Austin’s ***...he woulda had hella heat just off that if they did the tourney right

Look no further than the example of Big Van Vader

I’m not that familiar aside from the games and docs being younger but from what I can see he had the mask and weight and was sort of a staple of that goofier era of WWF

how would that have happened toDeath

I know you are a walking gimmick but this brings up an interesting point.

Athletes, especially, HAVE to be aware that they are constantly in the "Gif Creation" mode. So on top of putting on a performance, they are attempting to create mini performances within the performance.

Thoughts? cosmiccoffee9 cosmiccoffee9

[crop output image]

:lol: ...but even seriouslier, ¨playing to the back of the house¨ has been a concept in performance art since at least the time of Shakespeare...just so happens that the back of the house is now the other side of the planet.

definitely 100 percent true...hell, mannerisms are a key tenet of public presentation even in ¨the real world.¨

Back
Top Bottom