December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

ALso, to dispel this even more, remember Cena was on my Mt. Rushmore right?

I would consider Daniel Bryan arguably the best WRESTLER that has ever walked in WWE's doors.

So to just brush it off with, "Yall just don't want to include someone modern" is far from the truth.

I just think you have to take into consideration this is the weakest era for WWE Tag Team wrestling and that is saying a LOT because Vince never really valued tag wrestling like Southern Promoters.

Yes, they dominated their Era, with USOs, but the tag team talent pool is relatively weak vs. other eras.

It is what it is

I’d still consider New Day and Usos goats, but if you just think about teams since 2009, it’s really just those two. Team Hell No was entertaining. The Bar unexpectedly outkicked their coverage. The Shield as a straight up team were simply just good. Who else is there, Air Boom :rofl:??

ALso, to dispel this even more, remember Cena was on my Mt. Rushmore right?

I would consider Daniel Bryan as arguably the best WRESTLER that has ever walked in WWE's doors.

So to just brush it off with, "Yall just don't want to include someone modern" is far from the truth.

I just think you have to take into consideration this is the weakest era for WWE Tag Team wrestling and that is saying a LOT because Vince never really valued tag wrestling like Southern Promoters.

Yes, they dominated their Era, with USOs, but the tag team talent pool is relatively weak vs. other eras.

It is what it is
So your argument really has nothing to do with New Day THEMSELVES, but the other teams that were around them. You are essentially docking THEM, because there isn't another really good long term tag team aside from Usos (although you could potentially argue The BAR). Harvey Boys, E&C, and Dudleys get to be ahead of them ONLY because they existed at the same time (in WWE at least).

That's an interesting way to look at IT.

I’d still consider New Day and Usos goats, but if you just think about teams since 2009, it’s really just those two. Team Hell No was entertaining. The Bar unexpectedly outkicked their coverage. The Shield as a straight up team were simply just good. Who else is there, Air Boom :rofl:??
Yall use that phrase in a "participation trophy" manner man. :lol:

Being one of the best ever =/= Goat.

GreastesT (singular)
Of
All
Time

Not a TOp 10 finish. :lol:

So your argument really has nothing to do with New Day THEMSELVES, but the other teams that were around them. You are essentially docking THEM, because there isn't another really good long term tag team aside from Usos (although you could potentially argue The BAR). Harvey Boys, E&C, and Dudleys get to be ahead of them ONLY because they existed at the same time (in WWE at least).

That's an interesting way to look at IT.
The New Day is a very talented group, but so is everyone else in consideration.

So when it is already established that we are talking about MANY super talented teams, you HAVE to look at other things to compare.

The New Day's era doesn't support their argument of being TOp 5 of all time.

So again, if you think it is unfair, please give an alternate means of judging teams across generations. I am listening.

The New Day is a very talented group, but so is everyone else in consideration.

So when it is already established that we are talking about MANY super talented teams, you HAVE to look at other things to compare.

The New Day's era doesn't support their argument of being TOp 5 of all time.

So again, if you think it is unfair, please give an alternate means of judging teams across generations. I am listening.
So me saying that New Day are comparable in-ring, better on mic, and bigger movers of merch than some of the teams on your list, IN MY OPINION, isn't good enough? Seems like the ONLY thing that matters to you is the era.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Yall use that phrase in a "participation trophy" manner man. :lol:

Being one of the best ever =/= Goat.

GreastesT (singular)
Of
All
Time

Not a TOp 10 finish. :lol:

I don’t think they’re a top 5 team all time, but with you mentioning Edge and Christian, you could make a legit case for New Day against them. For 1 thing, we’re in year 6 of New Day. Edge and Christian only teamed for 2.5 years. I’d honestly put the Outlaws ahead of E & C. That’s probably the greatest thrown together tag team ever, to the point where the WWE has constantly tried sticking two random guys together to become stars ever since, and has failed way more often than not.

So me saying that New Day are comparable in-ring, better on mic, and bigger movers of merch than some of the teams on your list, IN MY OPINION, isn't good enough? Seems like the ONLY thing that matters to you is the era.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
1. Just to get something clear, "Bigger Movers of Merch." - What are you using to determine they move(d) more Merch than people of previous eras?

2. Again, the things YOU presented are not the ONLY things that can be considered. (Which is why I brought up SOS/Era).

3. What is your Top 5 in Order?

Selling Merch and Mic Skills ?
Seems like the ONLY thing that matters to you is the era.

How about lack of skill ?

I have them as the 4th best black tag team behind Harlem Heat , Doom and Atlast and Rocky Johnson .

In a fight they would get washed by all 3 teams

I don’t think they’re a top 5 team all time, but with you mentioning Edge and Christian, you could make a legit case for New Day against them. For 1 thing, we’re in year 6 of New Day. Edge and Christian only teamed for 2.5 years. I’d honestly put the Outlaws ahead of E & C. That’s probably the greatest thrown together tag team ever, to the point where the WWE has constantly tried sticking two random guys together to become stars ever since, and has failed way more often than not.
The NAO's lack of skill makes it hard for me to consider them Elite. I just can't look at them as anything other than Backup Dancers to The Main Folks of DX.

Yes, their little catchphrase intro was over as hell but when the bell rang.........:lol:

The fact you didn’t add a “Weaker Forever” is highly disappointing..

Eh it was still Becky slander. I'll allow it
Kw6uyIi.png

1. Just to get something clear, "Bigger Movers of Merch." - What are you using to determine they move(d) more Merch than people of previous eras?

2. Again, the things YOU presented are not the ONLY things that can be considered. (Which is why I brought up SOS/Era).

3. What is your Top 5 in Order?
1. The Road Warriors
2. The Dudley Brothers
3. The Harvey Boys
4. Harlem Heat
5. The New Day

The Steiners are right there. Their first WCW run was really good. I feel like everything after that though was kinda meh. Edge & Chrisgin were cool. The Expresses and The Free Birds were influential.

Honestly, I think this is something that should be in tiers.

Tier 1 is Road Warriors and that's IT.
Tier 2- Dudleys and Harveys
Tier 3- Harlem Heat, New Day, Steiners, E&C, The Expresses, Free Birds, Hart Foundation

Selling Merch and Mic Skills ?

How about lack of skill ?

I have them as the 4th best black tag team behind Harlem Heat , Doom and Atlast and Rocky Johnson .

In a fight they would get washed by all 3 teams

No way is an Atlas/Johnson team that held the belts once for a couple months better than ND..And I loved Doom but they ain’t either..New Day is a top 10 team all time. The other two might not even make the top 20..

The NAO's lack of skill makes it hard for me to consider them Elite. I just can't look at them as anything other than Backup Dancers to The Main Folks of DX.

Yes, their little catchphrase intro was over as hell but when the bell rang.........:lol:

Backup dancers out popping HHH, very interesting
1212A712-78B3-4BE5-9070-960B14893776.png

And FWIW, I'm not even mad if dudes don't have them in their top 10. Lots of great tag teams that are on a similar tier with them that you could put ahead via personal preference.

TO ME, New Day is ALWAYS gold when on TV. Their gimmick is goofy, but their ring work generally is not, and they can flip a switch and get serious whenever necessary. They are the EPITOME of sports entertainment.

TO ME, New Day is ALWAYS gold when on TV. Their gimmick is goofy, but their ring work generally is not, and they can flip a switch and get serious whenever necessary. They are the EPITOME of sports entertainment.

One of the greatest tag teams of all time.

Catching up on A&W...

The Exhausted One Lou Karper really went from being in a championship match with Dean Ambrose to trying to recruit garbage *** Colt Cabanas in a tag match against Joey Janeva and Sunny Kiss. Yikes.

I will say the Janeva/Kiss stuff was interesting though.

Revival vs The Old Dudes :lol:

No way is an Atlas/Johnson team that held the belts once for a couple months better than ND..And I loved Doom but they ain’t either..New Day is a top 10 team all time. The other two might not even make the top 20..

You sound like a fool , in the 80's a black tag team having a belt meant more . It was pretty much ground breaking. Those dudes had top notch selling skills and were legit tough guys

Back
Top Bottom