Defining Moments, It's been 6 years

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Originally Posted by alex1689

I'll take the L. Its just funny that because I don't post often, I get blasted...... I've been a member for years and probably have a better collection than most of these teens on here.

Sure whatever. Post pics of said collection or sit down clown.

LOL @ Dudes thats quick to refer to everybody as "Teens" No matter how old you are, you're on NT with us "TEENS"  !#@ Boy

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
he got served

YO!

Mine was literally an "easy cop." Those pairs are actually mostly my homeboys. He and I went up there together. We overslept and thought we were going to miss out. Arrived at the mall and there was NO ONE in line. We went in and out of different stores (FTA, FTL, FNL, & Champs) and took the packs maybe 2 at a time casually to our cars. We (each) had more than enough money to buy up each stores stock but got nervous that it was so easy and thought we were gonna be sitting on them. I was the more nervous one; I only committed to 2 packs - 1 I sold to recoup my money for the pack I intended to keep for myself. I "let" my homie have the other 12 packs.
30t6p3b.gif
THAT was my introduction to reselling. He sold all 12. Didn't keep a single pack.

Son came up.

DF!!!

anybody got any insight on if da ones with da letters actually appreciated in value more then da ones without da letters?

seems 5 years is long enough barometer to give a pretty accurate litmus test.

My friends pair looks dumb with some of the letters all smudged.

I would rather buy the non-eyelet pair after seeing his.

ninjahood wrote:
anybody got any insight on if da ones with da letters actually appreciated in value more then da ones without da letters?

seems 5 years is long enough barometer to give a pretty accurate litmus test.

I seen someone out here in SF selling a pair of those for $400. Not too much off from the official release pair - only thing is I seen bleeding coming from those letters..

Like NWT said, I would prefer the no letter release over the letter joints. For collecting though, it's not a bad piece to have sitting...

But just to add my story of the DMP release. Well I have no story
laugh.gif
. I was late getting to all the stores in Cleveland were sold out before the gates even went up. One of the employees that worked at Finish Line offered me his pack in my size for $400 but at that time I thought that was ridiculous. Little did I know though
30t6p3b.gif

saw this pack on ebay in a size 12 for $1200, man i couldnt pull the trigger on those, would love to have them
frown.gif

Originally Posted by luxurious24

saw this pack on ebay in a size 12 for $1200, man i couldnt pull the trigger on those, would love to have them
frown.gif

Man for all that you could just buy the 2000 Infrared's and Concord's for about 700-800 and save yourself  four, five hundred.

5 years already? Damn. I just remembered trying to cop on Eastbay and we all know how that turned out. Didn't try to cop at the store because I believe there was only one store in San Diego that had these which was Fashion Valley Footlocker. I heard some horror stories from some people that went through the fiasco 
30t6p3b.gif
. But I was able to cop a NDS pair from a co-worker a couple years ago for a little more than retail. Will post pics later.

YO! So anybody wanna drop stories of the release in their area (or is that on the other pages
nerd.gif
)? Cause, as noted in my story, it was eerily easy for me. And this was on the heels of riots for blk/red XIII's December '04. DF!!!

i ended up getting them from one of my boys 3 years ago that was starting to sell his colection for 300.00
pimp.gif
they were ds then and they still are now.

I can't believe it's been 5 years already. I remember it was crazy trying to get these. I was lucky to get two DMPs for retail, but unfortunately not in my size, since they sold out by the time it was my turn to purchase. Sold one 2 years ago and the other one a couple of months ago. If I had one in my size, I would have definitely kept them.

Got my DS Pack, size 11 for 350 last year, haha. Local dude used to work at the local shoe store, needed the bread. Wish I would've had an iPod touch for him.. But satisfied. Also got a DS sz. 10.5 VI on ice, still blue.

I'm still so heated about this release.

There was damn near 150-200 people outside of Roosievelt Field Mall and I was in middle of the line. 10 AM rolls up and people start bumrushing the glass door and break one and all hell breaks loose and a damn stampede happens with people trying to run to Footlocker, Finishline, Champs and Footaction. I was so outta luck that day and never got my pair.

Only my DMV peeps will know the names of the places I went to.

Hit up Landmark around 6 am, I was the second person in line. Come to find out some kids, were camping
in the parking garage, and made a list. The police told us that we had to leave, or they were going to charge
us with trespassing.
laugh.gif

I told everyone there to go to Iverson, but they were shook for some reason.

Went to the DTLR first, and there were a WHOLE lot of NYC plates in the parking lot. (This spot is in MD)
nerd.gif

Ended up copping from Shoe City. Then found out Harold Pener had them as well. Copped 2 more.

Sold 2 of them that day, and kept one which I ended up selling a year later.

Back
Top Bottom