Delete.

[h1]Warriors Set On Drafting Point Guard?[/h1]
Nelson_Don_gsw.jpg
Tim Kawakami of the San Jose MercuryNews believes that the Warriors are set on drafting a point guard with the seventh pick.

Golden State worked out Brandon Jennings on Thursday, and head coach Don Nelson and general manager Larry Riley interviewed him afterward.

"Just thanking me for coming by," said Jennings, "and they said, 'See you soon, hopefully.' "

Nelson and Riley have also sat down with Jonny Flynn.

A Warriors spokesman confirmed that Riley told a group of season-ticket holders Wednesday night that the team was targeting a point guard or "morebeef" in the front court.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i want the warriors to get jrue holliday. but knowing nellie, hell prolly draft psycho t and then pick up an undrafted pg.

[h2]No. 20: Golden State Warriors[/h2]

Comment Email Print
By John Hollinger
ESPN.com
Archive

nba_g_barry_576.jpg
*@%! Raphael/NBAE/Getty ImagesLong before Run-TMC and Nellie Ball, the Warriors were NBA champions, led by superstar Rick Barry.

[h4]20. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: 43.56 POINTS PER SEASON (1946-2009)[/h4] [table][tr][td]
gsw.gif
[/td] [td]Wins: 2,276
Playoff wins: 99
Series wins: 30
Titles: 3
All-Stars: 32
[/td] [td]Best player: Wilt Chamberlain
Best coach: Don Nelson
Best team: 1974-75 (48-34, won title)
Intangibles: +50. Not always good, but always entertaining.[/td] [/tr][/table]

You have to give Bay Area basketball fans credit. Years and years of losing would have turned off most fan bases, but the Warriors have continued packing in passionate crowds despite an abundant lack of success. Since the NBA-ABA merger, Golden State hasn't made a single conference finals and has had only two 50-win seasons. In four trips to the conference semifinals in the past three decades, the Warriors have won a total of four games.

Of course, most of the time they haven't made the playoffs at all. Golden State has been to the postseason only seven times in 33 seasons since the merger, including just one in the past 15. That would be a bad track record for baseball, let alone the NBA. And while that one playoff trip was a doozy -- featuring a shocking six-game upset of a 67-win Dallas team in the first round -- it doesn't offset the 13 sub-.500 finishes or the four 60-loss campaigns.

[h4]FRANCHISE HISTORY[/h4]
  • Golden State Warriors (1971-Present)
  • San Francisco Warriors (1962-71)
  • Philadelphia Warriors (1946-62)
At least they kept it fun. The "Run-TMC" era of Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond and Chris Mullin featured lots of skill and little defense, making for high-scoring affairs under coach Don Nelson; his return launched a new era of similar scoreboard pyrotechnics.
In a previous era, the Warriors' basketball fortunes were brighter, most notably during the decade they had sharpshooting forward Rick Barry, who exploded for 35.6 points per game in his second season to lead the then-San Francisco Warriors to the Finals. After a few years wandering the wilds of the ABA, he came back and led the Warriors to the championship in 1975. That title was one of the great upsets in NBA history -- the 48-win Warriors were huge underdogs against a 60-win Washington team but won in a four-game sweep.

The next year the team was dealt the opposite fate -- Golden State won a league-best 59 games but was shocked in the conference finals by a 42-win Phoenix team, dropping Game 7 at home.

Back in the Philadelphia days, the Warriors had a pretty fair young center by the name of Wilt Chamberlain, who spent five-and-a-half seasons with the team and set a record by averaging 50 points a game in 1961-62. But the young Chamberlain couldn't get the Warriors past Boston, and even a shift to the Western Conference once they went to the Bay couldn't help -- Boston still beat the Warriors in the 1964 NBA Finals. A year later they were trading Chamberlain back to Philly and starting anew with the Barry era.

Prior to Chamberlain, however, the Warriors won the title twice. In 1946-47 they won the inaugural BAA title, beating the Chicago Stags behind Hall of Famer Jumpin' Joe Fulks. And in 1955-56 they came from nowhere to post the league's best record and win the Finals in five easy games, with Paul Arizin and Neil Johnston finishing second and third in the league in scoring.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Any of y'all know "Warrior Fans" that are actively rooting for the Lakers?
smh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif
actually not really, this past year really did a good job of separating the real from the fake fans. but yeah, supporting the lakers = automaticDQ from warrior nation (county? settlement?)

draft order of preference:
evans
curry
derozan
jennings
holiday
not feelin holiday, watched ucla play a bunch, he's invisible

You have to give Bay Area basketball fans credit. Years and years of losing would have turned off most fan bases, but the Warriors have continued packing in passionate crowds despite an abundant lack of success.
holla

[h1]If Hill doesn't climb, Warriors might take him[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II
Staff writer

Posted: 06/12/2009 07:01:58 PM PDT

Updated: 06/12/2009 10:59:11 PM PDT

OAKLAND - What if, when the Warriors are on the clock during the NBA draft June 25, a lauded big man is there for the taking?

What if a 6-foot-10, 235-pound, athletic inside player who some predict could go as high as No. 2 overall, is still on the board for Golden State? What if the Warriors have a chance to nab a player who eventually could fulfill their need for a low-post scorer without slowing down their pace?

"I hear some people saying they do need a point guard," Arizona junior power forward Jordan Hill said of the Warriors. "But that could change. It could be they want a big man."

Hill, 21, is perhaps unlikely to be there when the Warriors' turn comes at No. 7, considering he's regarded as the most NBA-ready big man next to Oklahoma power forward Blake Griffin, who's expected to go No. 1 to the Los Angeles Clippers. But if Hill is there, he may tempt the Warriors to disregard need and go for the best player available.

Hill held a solo workout with the Warriors on Friday morning. He said he was "pretty good" in his showing, which consisted, among other things, of running the floor, shooting midrange jumpers and working with his left hand.

He said he had dinner with Warriors coach Don Nelson on Thursday. He walked away thinking No. 7 might be the lowest he'll go.

"He said if I'm not picked in the top six," Hill said, "they're probably going to take me."

Drafting Hill could give the Warriors some flexibility to move a couple of their big men to fill a need. He also has the girth to play center - well, at least more than Warriors power forwards Anthony Randolph and Brandan Wright - which means the Warriors theoretically could add Hill without hindering the development of Randolph.

If nothing else, Hill might be good trade bait, as the Warriors are expected to be active in the market.

Though Memphis (No. 2), Oklahoma City (No. 3) and Washington (No. 5) are in the market for a young big man, Hill said falling to No. 7 would in no way be a disappointment. He said he'd fit with the Warriors' style of play and would relish trying to fill their need for inside scoring.

Golden State already has a stable of power forward/center types in Andris Biedrins, Ronny Turiaf, Randolph and Wright. And don't forget about Rob Kurz and Jermareo Davidson deep on the bench.

But Hill would come in being arguably the most capable inside scorer, and he'd give Randolph and Biedrins a run for being the team's best rebounder. He lacks fundamentals and polish, largely because of his inexperience (only two years as a regular starter at Arizona), so he likely wouldn't walk into the starting lineup.

"I heard he's real hard on rookies," Hill said of Nelson. "That's fine. Lute Olson was that way at Arizona."

Future Draft Pick
Congratulations!!! Monta Ellis became a father for the first time this past week, when he and his girlfriend welcomed a little baby boy - Monta Jr. - to the world. The baby, who arrived three weeks ahead of schedule, weighed in at 6 pounds, 8 ounces and was 20 ½ inches long.

wonder what his baby mama looks like. hopefully it aint that one asian chick that made that fan sign for him
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

Future Draft Pick
Congratulations!!! Monta Ellis became a father for the first time this past week, when he and his girlfriend welcomed a little baby boy - Monta Jr. - to the world. The baby, who arrived three weeks ahead of schedule, weighed in at 6 pounds, 8 ounces and was 20 ½ inches long.

wonder what his baby mama looks like. hopefully it aint that one asian chick that made that fan sign for him
nerd.gif

Could it be one of these chicks?

29ditqh.jpg

1zlvmfk.jpg

r1e5nr.jpg

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Any of y'all know "Warrior Fans" that are actively rooting for the Lakers?
smh.gif
sick.gif
indifferent.gif

If they are then they really aren't "Warrior fans" I personally hate every team in LA. I can't stand when people say they are my second team
indifferent.gif
in the same conference.. SMH
I got a feeling if hill falls we take him at 7 and maybe trade for a late 1st or 2nd and pick up a pg. If Hill is gone dont think Holiday will fall and I thinkits between flynn & curry.

Last year I didn't care who won, this year...I'll go with the underdogs.

Bout to go watch "The Hangover", I'll see if that Ferrari is there
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by KL9

Last year I didn't care who won, this year...I'll go with the underdogs.

Bout to go watch "The Hangover", I'll see if that Ferrari is there
nerd.gif
hangover is
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you should enjoy it

still need to see it.

and my feet have been killing me these past few days. i've gotten more hours since i got promoted, close to full time hours. i hate standing around theregister all day compared to walking anywhere i want before that.

Originally Posted by vietsta4o8

Future Draft Pick

nerd.gif

20 1/2 inches long....
sick.gif
should they put tall

Rockets seriously looking for a top 10 pick.

I just wanted to post to say I think GSW might be a suitor. I think so.

Welcome to Nor Cal AB!

laugh.gif

I like Jennings more for the Warriors than Curry.

Franchise, Dubs pretty keen on keeping their pick this year.

I read the blogs by Tim, and while it's looking like Jennings, we know Nelly likes guys who can shoot. Brooks has a better shot than some of these guys.Nelly doesn't like to play rookies. AB is young, but he's got 'experience.' And the Warriors are looking to unload some bad contracts, ie,Magette, Crawford. AB is going to come cheaper than a #7 rookie scale contract.

And hey, it's the Warriors!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
you're acting like you got inside knowledge. Nobody knows what the Warriors are going to do except Don Nelson and that fool probably doesn'tknow. First, Terrence Williams, then it's Brandon Jennings, and now it's Jordan Hill.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

laugh.gif
you're acting like you got inside knowledge. Nobody knows what the Warriors are going to do except Don Nelson and that fool probably doesn't know. First, Terrence Williams, then it's Brandon Jennings, and now it's Jordan Hill.
You honestly think there's a chance they trade their pick this year? I really don't.

Back
Top Bottom