Wade187 wrote:
Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

ItsGettinHot wrote:

ItsGettinHot wrote:

18key wrote:

you guys are illogical. How are you going try to make it sound like it's dumb of me to take tyson because I've actually SEEN him fight, while no one (me, included) has seen lee fight, and yet still (w/o any real evidence of ability) takes lee to win this fight. The sad thing is, I probably know about lee than you clowns.
Your first argument is illogical.
Also, I have seen videos of him fighting. Real fights; tournament fights. Google is your friend. If you put any effort into it, you can find a video.

I did a research project for college on Lee. I know everything the internet can give me on him. I wont claim to know more than you, but I definitely know a lot.
Illogical on what basis? That we've seen tyson, and not lee? I was saying that I was taking Tyson based off of that; I was simply just trying to re-emphasize that Lee has not really fought professionals. At least we have concrete footage of tyson fighting professional boxers.
Quick question, what do you think Tyson would do if Lee were to attack his lower body with kicks?
no idea, really. but consider my question: what do you think lee would do if tyson attacked him punches? sure he could dodge a few, but what if tyson connected with one?
Oh. No idea. Glad to see you've thought this out.

relax man. the point i was making is that I don't really know what either of them would actually do when confronted with each other. we can all hypothesize about said fight, but who knows how each would attack/defend.

but, to answer the original question, if lee attacked tyson's lower body with kicks, tyson would probably have to tolerate a few, and go at lee's head. Lee, would then either have to stop the kicks, and defend, or risk having his jaw broken.

These martial arts teach you to defend and kick at the same time, it's called a counter, so I mean we kinda do know how they would attack. So you really have no point. It also says fight til death and last I checked a broken jaw won't kill you anyway. So I like I said it's unlikely Tyson would win. Possible, but highly unlikely.

do they teach you how to defend against the likes of world class boxers..? or are they classified along with all the other regular people you may encounter on the street?
and, of course a broken jaw won't kill you, but that's just one hit..now multiple that 10-20x...and well..you get the point

But you do realize it would take a extremely clean hit for Tyson to break his jaw right? Yet you think with Bruce speed and training Tyson is going to hit him10- 20x witout Bruce hitting Tyson? Add the fact that Tyson will most likely be throwing aimless punches at the head while Bruce knows exactly what he has todo to really hurt Tyson. I mean Tyson is an amazing boxer but you dudes must lack all common sense. Just as "easy" as Tyson can break Lee's jawLee could dodge Tyson's first punch, kick him in his groin, thigh, knee, shin, ribs, etc. And carry on from there. Tyson has a strong chin but there'scertain spots that the strongest of men cannot withstand a blow to without it causing a big impact. Lee knows these spots and Tyson doesn't know how todefend them. Once again it just doesn't add up

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

eyes.gif
To honest with you, I brought up Zab as a joke. But i do think Zab would beat Bruce Lee. Heck, I'd take Gamboa over Lee

Your opinion is now null and void.
tired.gif
Fine. Carry On.

5'5" 125 pounds...gets knocked out 3 times a fight against bums Gamboa would beat Bruce Lee?....You serious about that?

I'm taking Bruce Lee with a kick to the temple easy. People don't seem to know that Bruce Lee studied Ali as well, Jeet Kun Do had a lot of boxingtendencies in it(footwork), but he just continually soaked up knowledge on every fighting style he could. He'd see punches coming from all angles asopposed to just the upper body in boxing. You know for damn sure Tyson wouldn't get close enough to bite Bruce's ear off. If Bruce Lee even had to goto a grapple, it's a wrap, especially against a fighter with a mind set on destroying their opponent mentally and physically through knowledge.

I'll take Bruce's knowledge of the body versus Mike's insanity anyday, he might get his "heart taken away"
roll.gif

Bruce Lee died a fighter and as you said, this is to the death right? What happens when Iron Mike keeps missing and them brolic arms get tired?

"If my first strike is a kick, then I fully intend to shatter his knee cap at the point of 'first contact." - Bruce Lee
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

Wade187 wrote:

Wade187 wrote:

18key wrote:
Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

18key wrote:
SneakerHeathen wrote:
Top 5 boxer? Tyson top 5?

Lmao another dude who committed e-suicide and let it be known that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Tyson isn't top 5, p4p or HW.....
Where do you have him then? We both know he's not #1.

Ali, Robinson, Jones Jr., Joe Louis > Tyson.
As far as HW? Or in the grand scheme of boxing? I don't consider Jones JR. a HW let alone a great heavyweight...

Elaborate before I answer please..
Grand scheme. We're comparing apples to oranges already with Lee/Tyson. Might as well throw other weight classes in to the mix.
If you take off Jones, lets throw in a HW... say Foreman or Marciano. But then I think Tyson would beat them if all were in their primes.
abeautifulhaze wrote:
Just you classifying Bruce a "martial arts movie star" proves you don't know what you're talking about.

Dude developed his own fighting style...still widely regarded as the best theory of street fighting in the world.
Which is why we shouldnt even be arguing with that fool. He hasnt done any sort of research, and takes Tyson because he's seen him fight
eyes.gif

you guys are illogical. How are you going try to make it sound like it's dumb of me to take tyson because I've actually SEEN him fight, while no one (me, included) has seen lee fight, and yet still (w/o any real evidence of ability) takes lee to win this fight. The sad thing is, I probably know about lee than you clowns.

But you do know he is trained in various fighting styles, and you have seen visual evidence of his speed, and you do know Tyson is trained to use only his hands, and you do know Tyson is only trained to defend against punches, and you do know Tyson has never fought some one (In the ring) with the kinda speed that Lee had. I just don't see how that adds up to Tyson winning. Not only can Lee avoid Tysons punches alot better then the slower heavy wheights that Mike fought, but it's alot easier for Tyson to be knocked out when every blow landed on him could be lethal. Tyson isn't trained to defend attacks on his lower body, and isn't trained to fight a guy who will headbutt, elbow, kick below the waist, choke, poke eyes, etc. Tyson most likely doesn't even know where to hit some one to kill them. While Bruce knows numerous spots. It just isn't adding up.
are you kidding me? Tyson isn't trained to kick below the waist, choke, poke eyes, etc??? tyson is from the streets, my friend. I'm sure he has some experience with improvising, and I am sure he knows how to do all the aforementioned things. Surely he hasn't perfected them to the extent of lee, but lets be serious, when push comes to shove, tyson could easily kill a man...Tyson at his peak, was also in incredible shape. It's not like he's some fat bum who just boxes to have something to do. No, boxing was his life.

You and sneakerheathen have been implying this entire time that Bruce Lees fighting doesn'y count because it was on the street. So yeah Mike has some experince but street fighting isn't the same as fighting a master of the art as you guys have been saying. Btw I said he isn't trained to defend against these things not that he can't do them. Tyson could not easily kill a man. A hard punch in the face isn't going to kill a man or Tyson would have killed alot of people. Bruce could easily kill a man. He knows exactly where to hit you to do so. While Tyson could swing as hard as you can and might just hit that spot or might shatter a rib and that might puncture something. Bruce knows what he's doing while Mike is a bunch of what ifs
AHAHAH. tyson couldn't easily kill a man?? I guess that depends on your definition of easy...but, when your fists are registered weapons, I would consider that pretty easy. And, no, we have been implying that lee's fighting doesn't count because hes fought BUMS on the street. Now, if he would have beat up on ali, frasier, or some other world class professional in some back alley, maybe you'd have a case. But..since that didn't happen...well...yea

A bunch of punches isn't easily. Bruce knowing one spot to hit with one attack is alot easier that's what I'm saying. My whole argument is including the "fact" that Lee did only fight bums, so what's your point? You really have no case or point other then the fact that Tyson is strong and fast. While I have laid out multiple points in why Tyson can't defeat Lee at least not in a no rule fight til the death.

I never said Lee couldn't kill a man. Surely he could as well. Other than the fact that tyson is strong and fast? Many people are strong and fast, but many people aren't mike tyson. Lets just leave it at that. Unfortunately I cannot continue this argument all night, and it doesn't matter anyway--I will think what I think, and you will think what you will think. It was an interesting back and fourth. With that said...

Tyson knocks out lee, after dodging a roundhouse

Get Outta Here! Tyson's too stupid to know how to dodge a roundhouse kick. Ol' Killer Instinct 64 TJ Combo playin +@#.

Wade187 wrote:

Wade187 wrote:

Wade187 wrote:

18key wrote:
Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

18key wrote:
SneakerHeathen wrote:
Top 5 boxer? Tyson top 5?

Lmao another dude who committed e-suicide and let it be known that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Tyson isn't top 5, p4p or HW.....
Where do you have him then? We both know he's not #1.

Ali, Robinson, Jones Jr., Joe Louis > Tyson.
As far as HW? Or in the grand scheme of boxing? I don't consider Jones JR. a HW let alone a great heavyweight...

Elaborate before I answer please..
Grand scheme. We're comparing apples to oranges already with Lee/Tyson. Might as well throw other weight classes in to the mix.
If you take off Jones, lets throw in a HW... say Foreman or Marciano. But then I think Tyson would beat them if all were in their primes.
abeautifulhaze wrote:
Just you classifying Bruce a "martial arts movie star" proves you don't know what you're talking about.

Dude developed his own fighting style...still widely regarded as the best theory of street fighting in the world.
Which is why we shouldnt even be arguing with that fool. He hasnt done any sort of research, and takes Tyson because he's seen him fight
eyes.gif

But you do know he is trained in various fighting styles, and you have seen visual evidence of his speed, and you do know Tyson is trained to use only his hands, and you do know Tyson is only trained to defend against punches, and you do know Tyson has never fought some one (In the ring) with the kinda speed that Lee had. I just don't see how that adds up to Tyson winning. Not only can Lee avoid Tysons punches alot better then the slower heavy wheights that Mike fought, but it's alot easier for Tyson to be knocked out when every blow landed on him could be lethal. Tyson isn't trained to defend attacks on his lower body, and isn't trained to fight a guy who will headbutt, elbow, kick below the waist, choke, poke eyes, etc. Tyson most likely doesn't even know where to hit some one to kill them. While Bruce knows numerous spots. It just isn't adding up.
are you kidding me? Tyson isn't trained to kick below the waist, choke, poke eyes, etc??? tyson is from the streets, my friend. I'm sure he has some experience with improvising, and I am sure he knows how to do all the aforementioned things. Surely he hasn't perfected them to the extent of lee, but lets be serious, when push comes to shove, tyson could easily kill a man...Tyson at his peak, was also in incredible shape. It's not like he's some fat bum who just boxes to have something to do. No, boxing was his life.

You and sneakerheathen have been implying this entire time that Bruce Lees fighting doesn'y count because it was on the street. So yeah Mike has some experince but street fighting isn't the same as fighting a master of the art as you guys have been saying. Btw I said he isn't trained to defend against these things not that he can't do them. Tyson could not easily kill a man. A hard punch in the face isn't going to kill a man or Tyson would have killed alot of people. Bruce could easily kill a man. He knows exactly where to hit you to do so. While Tyson could swing as hard as you can and might just hit that spot or might shatter a rib and that might puncture something. Bruce knows what he's doing while Mike is a bunch of what ifs
AHAHAH. tyson couldn't easily kill a man?? I guess that depends on your definition of easy...but, when your fists are registered weapons, I would consider that pretty easy. And, no, we have been implying that lee's fighting doesn't count because hes fought BUMS on the street. Now, if he would have beat up on ali, frasier, or some other world class professional in some back alley, maybe you'd have a case. But..since that didn't happen...well...yea

A bunch of punches isn't easily. Bruce knowing one spot to hit with one attack is alot easier that's what I'm saying. My whole argument is including the "fact" that Lee did only fight bums, so what's your point? You really have no case or point other then the fact that Tyson is strong and fast. While I have laid out multiple points in why Tyson can't defeat Lee at least not in a no rule fight til the death.

I never said Lee couldn't kill a man. Surely he could as well. Other than the fact that tyson is strong and fast? Many people are strong and fast, but many people aren't mike tyson. Lets just leave it at that. Unfortunately I cannot continue this argument all night, and it doesn't matter anyway--I will think what I think, and you will think what you will think. It was an interesting back and fourth. With that said...

Tyson knocks out lee, after dodging a roundhouse

Ehh i'd like to say the same but you never really had a valid point to begin with. Btw any one with common sense knows Bruce wouldn't be throwingcareless roundhouses, but everyone knows Mike would be throwing careless haymakers. So once again you don't really have a point.

bruce lee was kicking #*+ in a studio

mike tyson was kicking #*+ in a ring

iron mike all day err day

eyes.gif
To honest with you, I brought up Zab as a joke. But i do think Zab would beat Bruce Lee. Heck, I'd take Gamboa over Lee

Your opinion is now null and void.
tired.gif
Fine. Carry On.
5'5" 125 pounds...gets knocked out 3 times a fight against bums Gamboa would beat Bruce Lee?....You serious about that?

How tall was Bruce Lee? but yes I would take Gamboa over Bruce Lee.....in a boxing match. I support my fellow boxers.........obviously i need to step myKung Fu game up. I didnt know they owned MMA and the Boxing worlds.

All right you fellas have a good night there's no point. You guys are either joking around or real simple minded, either way there's really no gettingto you.

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by brrraptors

bruce lee would have tyson sleeping before he can put together his first few punches. this guy was a true master of the martial arts. there are numerous instances of people challenging him to a fight in the street, sets of his movies, etc to make a name for themselves only to have bruce pick them apart in a very short time. the dudes dedication to fitness, diet and training is unparalleled.
pimp.gif
beast.

if all this is true, then im going with Mr.Lee.

You don't even know Bruces height or weight but you're arguing?..Come on
laugh.gif

We not even talking about a boxing match. You in you're own world bro.

laugh.gif

It really dont matter. Id still take the boxer over Lee. Sorry I didnt read the entire thread......
laugh.gif
I honestly thought this was a fun argument. I didnt know people's feelingswere involved.

Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger

I HIGHLY doubt this is possible.
laugh.gif

That's on some chuck norris $@%*

I'm still going with Bruce though.
happy.gif

laugh.gif

It really dont matter. Id still take the boxer over Lee. Sorry I didnt read the entire thread......
laugh.gif
I honestly thought this was a fun argument. I didnt know people's feelings were involved.
It's not feelings, it's more like, we were havin' a logical debate, and you were ... just talking.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IndieSpice

Originally Posted by dyzzle

Originally Posted by brrraptors

bruce lee would have tyson sleeping before he can put together his first few punches. this guy was a true master of the martial arts. there are numerous instances of people challenging him to a fight in the street, sets of his movies, etc to make a name for themselves only to have bruce pick them apart in a very short time. the dudes dedication to fitness, diet and training is unparalleled.
pimp.gif
beast.

if all this is true, then im going with Mr.Lee.

Exactly. Anyone picking Mike Tyson is either uneducated about Bruce Lee, misinterpret alot of information about Bruce Lee, stubborn, or just plain ol'stupid. I really can't see how anyone who was as incredible as Bruce Lee would go down to Tyson..........in a street fight for God's sake.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I honestly thought this was a fun argument. I didnt know people's feelings were involved.
It's not feelings, it's more like, we were havin' a logical debate, and you were ... just talking.
laugh.gif

My bad.....i will just exit. Carry on.

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger

I HIGHLY doubt this is possible.
laugh.gif

That's on some chuck norris $@%*

I'm still going with Bruce though.
happy.gif

You know Chuck Norris was trained by Bruce Lee, right?

laugh.gif

Mike Tyson is huge in person

met him at a pizza joint

dudes chill

but i still got to say bruce would win

Back
Top Bottom