Originally Posted by NikeVandal

Mike Tyson is huge in person

met him at a pizza joint

dudes chill

but i still got to say bruce would win
eek.gif

You're a brave dude.

I wouldn't go near him.

Dude would snatch my consciousness easy and he's got a whole damn voting panel in his head so who knows what could go wrong.

dudes a really nice guy
bought me and my boys pizza and drinks

and some old dudes came up to him with a plain white tee and a sharpie asking for autographs

but the dude does just ramble on about nonsense lol

One more tidbit about Bruce, don't mean to flame the embers lol:

Bruce was also trained in Western boxing and won the 1958 Boxing Championship match against 3-time champion Gary Elms by knockout in the 3rd round.Before arriving to the finals against Elms, Lee had knocked out 3 straight boxers in the first round.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000045/bio

Originally Posted by Luong1209

I hear it was Bruce Lee's ghost that "broke" Mike Tyson's back...you know, the spinal.
grin.gif

laugh.gif

I'm really enjoying this post though. There was a lot of stuff I didn't know about Bruce Lee.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger

I HIGHLY doubt this is possible.
laugh.gif

That's on some chuck norris $@%*

I'm still going with Bruce though.
happy.gif

ohhhh. i thought they meant planche pushups with the thumb and index finger only.

something that you have to realize is Tyson boxed...and boxing is a sport
You might say Lee was an actor but he was a first-hand martial artist

boxing = sport while martial arts = life style....

Comparing boxing with martial arts is like comparing a paintball gun with a deagle

with that said...in a fight to the death Lee has both the physical and mental advantage over Tyson
True, Tyson may be wayyy stronger and heavier but I doubt he has the range or speed to do any real damage on Lee (not undermining Tyson's speed but asposted earlier, he has really nothing on what Lee's speed can do)

No matter how strong or big you are, a kick to the temple, throat, or any vital part of the body will off you in seconds and this is the field where Lee spenthis LIFE on. His striking options were endless

Strength: Tyson
Everything else: Lee

Winner: Lee

WOW, this thread grew ~10 pages in the 2 hours I was gone.
laugh.gif
This thread has to set a record for most amount of replies quoted.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Okay look up Yokuse Ninshijima....

who?

Look him up...
I looked him up....but what am I lookin for?
His exploits as a boxer and a martial artist...

He was good as a boxer..

He dominated as a martial artist...

I don't get it. On wiki it says he compiled a 24-2 record as a boxer and he's 0-5 in MMA. So how did he exactly dominate as a martial artist?

Originally Posted by Frank 7he T4nk

Okay look up Yokuse Ninshijima....

who?

Look him up...
I looked him up....but what am I lookin for?
His exploits as a boxer and a martial artist...

He was good as a boxer..

He dominated as a martial artist...

I don't get it. On wiki it says he compiled a 24-2 record as a boxer and he's 0-5 in MMA. So how did he exactly dominate as a martial artist?

Don't even bother with dude. Throwing out some unknown names out there thinking nobody else but him knows whats the deal.

BUT

Lee > Tyson.

not reading all this crap like usual and even though I love me some Lee, Iron Mike would take his @$% out, fairly easy. I dont care how many diciplines Leehas down...a couple blows from Mike and Lee is out

Originally Posted by ChiqGa

Lee performed one-hand push-ups using only the thumb and index finger

I HIGHLY doubt this is possible.
laugh.gif

That's on some chuck norris $@%*

I'm still going with Bruce though.
happy.gif

eyes.gif

It's good to know that this guy could beat any pro boxer today then..

eyes.gif

A lot of shaolin monks could do the stuff that Bruce Lee could do, or at least a lot of it.

The majority of what Bruce Lee is known for in terms of fighting today came from movies. MOVIES! You know, the opposite of reality. How can you compare that toa real pro fighter who rose through the ranks and beat every other PRO fighter that stood in the way?

no one is denying the fact that if MT catches you wit a few blows you will get knocked out

but the question is can he land the hit?

this is a fight to the death. tyson is only skilled with his fist. Bruce Lee can just kick him in the face and tyson would have no idea how to counter that.

I am also convinced most judo masters can out boxers ie Vladimir Putin

them shaolin monks aint bruce lee though. they couldent box or fight like lee ...they didnt have lees body.
Their are dozens of karate champs and other prominant martial artists who say bruce was the REAL DEAL. Speed, power, skill, technique.. he had it all. A geniusahead of his time.

Bruce Lee is more myth than fact simply because all of the footage we have of him "fighting" is choreographed. Video footage>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> "personal accounts".

I've seen Bruce Lee do "some" of the physical feats that add to his legend, so I won't question him as an athlete. But as someone who workedaround cameras for a living and claimed to be the best in the world, to not have ANYfootage of a real encounter is pretty suspect. Everything was a "demonstration." I mean even a quick sparring session would have helped.

Back
Top Bottom