delete

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

<= REMY!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Woah now...

I like Zab but....Dude was always an underachiever.....
World class boxer vs. Bruce Lee? Where are my fellow NT boxing freaks?! Bruce Lee would not stand a chance.
Zab Judah
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
You wouldn't take Zab over Bruce Lee? The @@* Bruce Lee do?

Zab would win........via split dec.

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

ItsGettinHot wrote:

ItsGettinHot wrote:

18key wrote:

you guys are illogical. How are you going try to make it sound like it's dumb of me to take tyson because I've actually SEEN him fight, while no one (me, included) has seen lee fight, and yet still (w/o any real evidence of ability) takes lee to win this fight. The sad thing is, I probably know about lee than you clowns.
Your first argument is illogical.
Also, I have seen videos of him fighting. Real fights; tournament fights. Google is your friend. If you put any effort into it, you can find a video.

I did a research project for college on Lee. I know everything the internet can give me on him. I wont claim to know more than you, but I definitely know a lot.
Illogical on what basis? That we've seen tyson, and not lee? I was saying that I was taking Tyson based off of that; I was simply just trying to re-emphasize that Lee has not really fought professionals. At least we have concrete footage of tyson fighting professional boxers.
Quick question, what do you think Tyson would do if Lee were to attack his lower body with kicks?
no idea, really. but consider my question: what do you think lee would do if tyson attacked him punches? sure he could dodge a few, but what if tyson connected with one?

Oh. No idea. Glad to see you've thought this out.

relax man. the point i was making is that I don't really know what either of them would actually do when confronted with each other. we can all hypothesize about said fight, but who knows how each would attack/defend.

but, to answer the original question, if lee attacked tyson's lower body with kicks, tyson would probably have to tolerate a few, and go at lee's head. Lee, would then either have to stop the kicks, and defend, or risk having his jaw broken.

These martial arts teach you to defend and kick at the same time, it's called a counter, so I mean we kinda do know how they would attack. So you reallyhave no point. It also says fight til death and last I checked a broken jaw won't kill you anyway. So I like I said it's unlikely Tyson would win.Possible, but highly unlikely.

Originally Posted by 18key

Huh?...

obviously he is saying that lee wouldn't be a top 20 boxer ever, either.
I'd agree with that.
But he doesnt need to be. Tyson wouldnt be able to keep up with Lee's speed. Neither would any other boxer, except a possibility of Ali.

no idea, really. but consider my question: what do you think lee would do if tyson attacked him punches? sure he could dodge a few, but what if tyson connected with one?
He'd take the shot, throw a leg sweep/kick, take Tyson down and finish the fight.
This isnt a boxing match, its a no-rules fight that we're talking about.

indifferent.gif
You have never watched a world class fight. Ali wasnt even the fastest boxer. LOL far from it. Tyson's Hand speed at his prime >>>> Bruce Lee. Some of yall forget.
Ya got me
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif
embarassed.gif

indifferent.gif

And please, PLEASE, watch the video I posted a couple pages back with Lee's 'unstoppable punch.' Lee's speed > Tysons. Just stop posting inhere, man. You make worse points than thesimplestlife.

roll.gif
seriously this is like arguing Jesus vs someone. 1 is mostly of myth without much proof yet everyone believes in it and the other is real but he'sup against jesus soooo
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

ItsGettinHot wrote:

ItsGettinHot wrote:

18key wrote:

you guys are illogical. How are you going try to make it sound like it's dumb of me to take tyson because I've actually SEEN him fight, while no one (me, included) has seen lee fight, and yet still (w/o any real evidence of ability) takes lee to win this fight. The sad thing is, I probably know about lee than you clowns.
Also, I have seen videos of him fighting. Real fights; tournament fights. Google is your friend. If you put any effort into it, you can find a video.

I did a research project for college on Lee. I know everything the internet can give me on him. I wont claim to know more than you, but I definitely know a lot.
Illogical on what basis? That we've seen tyson, and not lee? I was saying that I was taking Tyson based off of that; I was simply just trying to re-emphasize that Lee has not really fought professionals. At least we have concrete footage of tyson fighting professional boxers.
Quick question, what do you think Tyson would do if Lee were to attack his lower body with kicks?

relax man. the point i was making is that I don't really know what either of them would actually do when confronted with each other. we can all hypothesize about said fight, but who knows how each would attack/defend.

but, to answer the original question, if lee attacked tyson's lower body with kicks, tyson would probably have to tolerate a few, and go at lee's head. Lee, would then either have to stop the kicks, and defend, or risk having his jaw broken.

These martial arts teach you to defend and kick at the same time, it's called a counter, so I mean we kinda do know how they would attack. So you really have no point. It also says fight til death and last I checked a broken jaw won't kill you anyway. So I like I said it's unlikely Tyson would win. Possible, but highly unlikely.

do they teach you how to defend against the likes of world class boxers..? or are they classified along with all the other regular people you may encounter onthe street?
and, of course a broken jaw won't kill you, but that's just one hit..now multiple that 10-20x...and well..you get the point

Huh?...

obviously he is saying that lee wouldn't be a top 20 boxer ever, either.
I'd agree with that.
But he doesnt need to be. Tyson wouldnt be able to keep up with Lee's speed. Neither would any other boxer, except a possibility of Ali.

He'd take the shot, throw a leg sweep/kick, take Tyson down and finish the fight.
This isnt a boxing match, its a no-rules fight that we're talking about.

indifferent.gif
You have never watched a world class fight. Ali wasnt even the fastest boxer. LOL far from it. Tyson's Hand speed at his prime >>>> Bruce Lee. Some of yall forget.

Woah now...

World class boxer vs. Bruce Lee? Where are my fellow NT boxing freaks?! Bruce Lee would not stand a chance.
Zab Judah
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

You talking about a boxing match or a street fight?

I can tell that you're not even a real follower of boxing with your amazement of Zab Judah...but carry on.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

roll.gif
seriously this is like arguing Jesus vs someone. 1 is mostly of myth without much proof yet everyone believes in it and the other is real but he's up against jesus soooo
laugh.gif

yep. it's the same exact thing.

do they teach you how to defend against the likes of world class boxers..? or are they classified along with all the other regular people you may encounter on the street?
and, of course a broken jaw won't kill you, but that's just one hit..now multiple that 10-20x...and well..you get the point
They are trained to dodge and parry FASTER punches than boxers.
Tyson wouldnt get a chance to throw 10 punches, Lee would end the fight by destroying one of Mikes knees in less than a minute.

Wade187 wrote:

Wade187 wrote:

18key wrote:

18key wrote:
SneakerHeathen wrote:
Top 5 boxer? Tyson top 5?

Lmao another dude who committed e-suicide and let it be known that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Tyson isn't top 5, p4p or HW.....
Where do you have him then? We both know he's not #1.

Ali, Robinson, Jones Jr., Joe Louis > Tyson.
As far as HW? Or in the grand scheme of boxing? I don't consider Jones JR. a HW let alone a great heavyweight...

Elaborate before I answer please..
Grand scheme. We're comparing apples to oranges already with Lee/Tyson. Might as well throw other weight classes in to the mix.
If you take off Jones, lets throw in a HW... say Foreman or Marciano. But then I think Tyson would beat them if all were in their primes.
abeautifulhaze wrote:
Just you classifying Bruce a "martial arts movie star" proves you don't know what you're talking about.

Dude developed his own fighting style...still widely regarded as the best theory of street fighting in the world.
Which is why we shouldnt even be arguing with that fool. He hasnt done any sort of research, and takes Tyson because he's seen him fight
eyes.gif

But you do know he is trained in various fighting styles, and you have seen visual evidence of his speed, and you do know Tyson is trained to use only his hands, and you do know Tyson is only trained to defend against punches, and you do know Tyson has never fought some one (In the ring) with the kinda speed that Lee had. I just don't see how that adds up to Tyson winning. Not only can Lee avoid Tysons punches alot better then the slower heavy wheights that Mike fought, but it's alot easier for Tyson to be knocked out when every blow landed on him could be lethal. Tyson isn't trained to defend attacks on his lower body, and isn't trained to fight a guy who will headbutt, elbow, kick below the waist, choke, poke eyes, etc. Tyson most likely doesn't even know where to hit some one to kill them. While Bruce knows numerous spots. It just isn't adding up.
are you kidding me? Tyson isn't trained to kick below the waist, choke, poke eyes, etc??? tyson is from the streets, my friend. I'm sure he has some experience with improvising, and I am sure he knows how to do all the aforementioned things. Surely he hasn't perfected them to the extent of lee, but lets be serious, when push comes to shove, tyson could easily kill a man...Tyson at his peak, was also in incredible shape. It's not like he's some fat bum who just boxes to have something to do. No, boxing was his life.

You and sneakerheathen have been implying this entire time that Bruce Lees fighting doesn'y count because it was on the street. So yeah Mike has some experince but street fighting isn't the same as fighting a master of the art as you guys have been saying. Btw I said he isn't trained to defend against these things not that he can't do them. Tyson could not easily kill a man. A hard punch in the face isn't going to kill a man or Tyson would have killed alot of people. Bruce could easily kill a man. He knows exactly where to hit you to do so. While Tyson could swing as hard as you can and might just hit that spot or might shatter a rib and that might puncture something. Bruce knows what he's doing while Mike is a bunch of what ifs
AHAHAH. tyson couldn't easily kill a man?? I guess that depends on your definition of easy...but, when your fists are registered weapons, I would consider that pretty easy. And, no, we have been implying that lee's fighting doesn't count because hes fought BUMS on the street. Now, if he would have beat up on ali, frasier, or some other world class professional in some back alley, maybe you'd have a case. But..since that didn't happen...well...yea

A bunch of punches isn't easily. Bruce knowing one spot to hit with one attack is alot easier that's what I'm saying. My whole argument isincluding the "fact" that Lee did only fight bums, so what's your point? You really have no case or point other then the fact that Tyson isstrong and fast. While I have laid out multiple points in why Tyson can't defeat Lee at least not in a no rule fight til the death.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

You're right. All we can do is hypothesize.

The point i'm getting at though, is that through common sense, we would assume that they both use their strengths and the weaknesses of their opponents.

For Tyson, his strength is... well his strength. His hand game. And in this instance, i'd say his ability to take hits.
Unfortunately, being taken out of his element, Tyson's entire lower body becomes a liability. Not only can he not effectively utilize it like Lee, hecan't properly defend it.

Woah now...

Zab Judah
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

You talking about a boxing match or a street fight?

I can tell that you're not even a real follower of boxing with your amazement of Zab Judah...but carry on.

eyes.gif
To honest with you, I brought up Zab as a joke. But i do think Zabwould beat Bruce Lee. Heck, I'd take Gamboa over Lee.

I'm done. This thread is pointless.
Haze, Wade187, and Itsgettinhot, I'm glad you can see whos the better fighter.

Sneakerheathen, thanks for the debates.

Simplestlife, you were starting strong but ended your arguments based on illogical arguments and guesses.

SirRobALot, you're an idiot and shouldnt be talking about anything to do with this thread.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Wade187 wrote:

Wade187 wrote:

18key wrote:

18key wrote:
SneakerHeathen wrote:
Top 5 boxer? Tyson top 5?

Lmao another dude who committed e-suicide and let it be known that he has no idea what he's talking about.

Tyson isn't top 5, p4p or HW.....
Where do you have him then? We both know he's not #1.

Ali, Robinson, Jones Jr., Joe Louis > Tyson.
As far as HW? Or in the grand scheme of boxing? I don't consider Jones JR. a HW let alone a great heavyweight...

Elaborate before I answer please..
Grand scheme. We're comparing apples to oranges already with Lee/Tyson. Might as well throw other weight classes in to the mix.
If you take off Jones, lets throw in a HW... say Foreman or Marciano. But then I think Tyson would beat them if all were in their primes.
abeautifulhaze wrote:
Just you classifying Bruce a "martial arts movie star" proves you don't know what you're talking about.

Dude developed his own fighting style...still widely regarded as the best theory of street fighting in the world.
Which is why we shouldnt even be arguing with that fool. He hasnt done any sort of research, and takes Tyson because he's seen him fight
eyes.gif

But you do know he is trained in various fighting styles, and you have seen visual evidence of his speed, and you do know Tyson is trained to use only his hands, and you do know Tyson is only trained to defend against punches, and you do know Tyson has never fought some one (In the ring) with the kinda speed that Lee had. I just don't see how that adds up to Tyson winning. Not only can Lee avoid Tysons punches alot better then the slower heavy wheights that Mike fought, but it's alot easier for Tyson to be knocked out when every blow landed on him could be lethal. Tyson isn't trained to defend attacks on his lower body, and isn't trained to fight a guy who will headbutt, elbow, kick below the waist, choke, poke eyes, etc. Tyson most likely doesn't even know where to hit some one to kill them. While Bruce knows numerous spots. It just isn't adding up.
are you kidding me? Tyson isn't trained to kick below the waist, choke, poke eyes, etc??? tyson is from the streets, my friend. I'm sure he has some experience with improvising, and I am sure he knows how to do all the aforementioned things. Surely he hasn't perfected them to the extent of lee, but lets be serious, when push comes to shove, tyson could easily kill a man...Tyson at his peak, was also in incredible shape. It's not like he's some fat bum who just boxes to have something to do. No, boxing was his life.

You and sneakerheathen have been implying this entire time that Bruce Lees fighting doesn'y count because it was on the street. So yeah Mike has some experince but street fighting isn't the same as fighting a master of the art as you guys have been saying. Btw I said he isn't trained to defend against these things not that he can't do them. Tyson could not easily kill a man. A hard punch in the face isn't going to kill a man or Tyson would have killed alot of people. Bruce could easily kill a man. He knows exactly where to hit you to do so. While Tyson could swing as hard as you can and might just hit that spot or might shatter a rib and that might puncture something. Bruce knows what he's doing while Mike is a bunch of what ifs
AHAHAH. tyson couldn't easily kill a man?? I guess that depends on your definition of easy...but, when your fists are registered weapons, I would consider that pretty easy. And, no, we have been implying that lee's fighting doesn't count because hes fought BUMS on the street. Now, if he would have beat up on ali, frasier, or some other world class professional in some back alley, maybe you'd have a case. But..since that didn't happen...well...yea

A bunch of punches isn't easily. Bruce knowing one spot to hit with one attack is alot easier that's what I'm saying. My whole argument is including the "fact" that Lee did only fight bums, so what's your point? You really have no case or point other then the fact that Tyson is strong and fast. While I have laid out multiple points in why Tyson can't defeat Lee at least not in a no rule fight til the death.

I never said Lee couldn't kill a man. Surely he could as well. Other than the fact that tyson is strong and fast? Many people are strong andfast, but many people aren't mike tyson. Lets just leave it at that. Unfortunately I cannot continue this argument all night, and it doesn't matteranyway--I will think what I think, and you will think what you will think. It was an interesting back and fourth. With that said...

Tyson knocks out lee, after dodging a roundhouse

Iron Mike all day over punk ##$ Bruce Lee
Get the
f5235c65ebf573f38059f18252fd782f6562674.gif
outta here. You ain't even makin' points. You're just bein' a cheerleader.
What points?! Everything on here is opinion. Dude is dead, you need to get off Bruce Lee's sack, son.

I'm done. This thread is pointless.
Haze, Wade187, and Itsgettinhot, I'm glad you can see whos the better fighter.

Sneakerheathen, thanks for the debates.

Simplestlife, you were starting strong but ended your arguments based on illogical arguments and guesses.

SirRobALot, you're an idiot and shouldnt be talking about anything to do with this thread.

This whole argument was a bunch of guesses. it was all hypothetical.
again, what's the most illogical thing is trusting in something without hardcore proof...i'll never understand it

Back
Top Bottom