delete

How are dudes acting like Bruce Lee was JUST speed. That fool had uncanny power as well.

Originally Posted by abeautifulhaze

laugh.gif
at some of yall thinking that boxing is inferior in the realm of martial arts

It is fam.

Its a art limited by the parameters of sport competition.

The angles, defense, training is designed to go twelve rounds with boxing gloves and a ref. Boxers can destroy regular people outside of the ring...but MA is a full body science, composed of everything it takes to win anyfight with any part of the body, under any circumstance.

Take a MA and a western boxer or equal talent levels...the Martial artist will win 9 times out of 10.

We have professional boxers in my gym and professional MMA fighters....its not even a competition.

Y'all are arguing about stuff that like common knowledge to anyone involved in both worlds.

I will have to disagree with you there sir.

Anyone who has ever boxed competitively before will laugh at you if you tell them that boxing doesn't require your full body to be in shape.
Boxers are in good shape not because they want to be, but because they HAVE to be; or you will get seriously hurt.

Boxers also spar, aka fight; I have rarely seen Joe Blackbelt at your average McDojo ever put his "art" into practice against a motivated aggresor ona regular basis.

Like Tyson said himself, "Everyone has a plan until they get hit."

If it was confined to a limited space ie boxing ring and there are rules then Tyson would most likely demolish Bruce.

But if it was no rules on a street, Bruce would win no doubt, he could easily pick up a stick or soemthing and finish mike with it, bruce is trained in variousweapons as tyson is prob not. But hand to hand on street ... I'd still give it to bruce.

Originally Posted by Blai213

If it was confined to a limited space ie boxing ring and there are rules then Tyson would most likely demolish Bruce.

But if it was no rules on a street, Bruce would win no doubt, he could easily pick up a stick or soemthing and finish mike with it, bruce is trained in various weapons as tyson is prob not. But hand to hand on street ... I'd still give it to bruce.

No weapons my dude.

It's the cool thing to say bruce lee...why? because he's some mythical character who was known for one inch punches, two finger push ups, and kicks sofast that the camera actually had to record in slow motion. He has legend on his side, which mike does not. Reality can never beat legend, because really,people are fanatical and like to pretend that the illogical can always become logical in at least one case. Since Lee is a legend, his abilities are describedas god-like: his reflexes are LIGHTENING QUICK, and his punches and kicks, devastatingly damaging. Lee doesn't miss his target, ever, and never really get**** either, because well, legends just don't miss and certainly don't get hit.

Mike tyson, at his prime, was a 19 year old beast who was killing the opposition. He was quick, strong, and very technically sound (he may not have beenEinstein, but he was a very smart fighter). People see Lee's movies, and his videos on youtube about interviews calling for people to become water, andshowcasing his ability to punch dummies one inch away, and not only think he was the best fighter ever, but also one of the most profound philosophers of hisday. They see him beat up Chuck Norris, and Lou Alcindor in movies like Game of Death, and actually believe that Lee could spare with great professionalboxers, like tyson. You guys all need to wake up.

Tyson had at least 80 pounds on him. It wouldn't even be fair. If tyson grabbed lee, it would be over....and don't give me that Bruce Lee,"as-fast-as-Kato-from-the-green-hornet-so-tyson-wouldn't-be-able-to catch-him-bs" because really, it wouldn't happen like that.

and all these people posting videos about Lee, kill it. We all know what tyson did back in his day, and it would be just as easy to post videos. At least thosewould be against other real professionals.

The funny thing is, most of these people who are going for lee, think he's the only martial artist who could defeat tyson, ali, etc. They wouldn'tdare say the same about jet li, jackie chan, or chuck norris, because well, they don't have the legend that lee has. So, besides Lee conjuring up his ownmartial art (Jeet Kune do), what separates him from the other great martial artists, turned movie stars? Was it his commentary? or his witty responses, whichdisplayed both his humblessness, yet confidence? or..was it just because he's a legend?...or, is Lee really that much better than Jet Li, Jackie Chan,etc.??

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

It's the cool thing to say bruce lee...why? because he's some mythical character who was known for one inch punches, two finger push ups, and kicks so fast that the camera actually had to record in slow motion. He has legend on his side, which mike does not. Reality can never beat legend, because really, people are fanatical and like to pretend that the illogical can always become logical in at least one case. Since Lee is a legend, his abilities are described as god-like: his reflexes are LIGHTENING QUICK, and his punches and kicks, devastatingly damaging. Lee doesn't miss his target, ever, and never really gets hit either, because well, legends just don't miss and certainly don't get hit.

Mike tyson, at his prime, was a 19 year old beast who was killing the opposition. He was quick, strong, and very technically sound (he may not have been Einstein, but he was a very smart fighter). People see Lee's movies, and his videos on youtube about interviews calling for people to become water, and showcasing his ability to punch dummies one inch away, and not only think he was the best fighter ever, but also one of the most profound philosophers of his day. They see him beat up Chuck Norris, and Lou Alcindor in movies like Game of Death, and actually believe that Lee could spare with great professional boxers, like tyson. You guys all need to wake up.

Tyson had at least 80 pounds on him. It wouldn't even be fair. If tyson grabbed lee, it would be over....and don't give me that Bruce Lee, "as-fast-as-Kato-from-the-green-hornet-so-tyson-wouldn't-be-able-to catch-him-bs" because really, it wouldn't happen like that.

and all these people posting videos about Lee, kill it. We all know what tyson did back in his day, and it would be just as easy to post videos. At least those would be against other real professionals.

The funny thing is, most of these people who are going for lee, think he's the only martial artist who could defeat tyson, ali, etc. They wouldn't dare say the same about jet li, jackie chan, or chuck norris, because well, they don't have the legend that lee has. So, besides Lee conjuring up his own martial art (Jeet Kune do), what separates him from the other great martial artists, turned movie stars? Was it his commentary? or his witty responses, which displayed both his humblessness, yet confidence? or..was it just because he's a legend?...or, is Lee really that much better than Jet Li, Jackie Chan, etc.??
Why do people say this when others don't agree with them?

btw, this is a hypothetical thread on BRUCE LEE vs Mike Tyson
laugh.gif
the hellyou bringing up other famous martial arts movie stars for? adamant to prove some kind of point. I'd probably still take Jet Li > Mike Tyson though.

Quote:It's the cool thing to say bruce lee...why? because he's some mythical character who was known for one inch punches, two finger push ups, andkicks so fast that the camera actually had to record in slow motion. He has legend on his side, which mike does not. Reality can never beat legend, becausereally, people are fanatical and like to pretend that the illogical can always become logical in at least one case. Since Lee is a legend, his abilities aredescribed as god-like: his reflexes are LIGHTENING QUICK, and his punches and kicks, devastatingly damaging. Lee doesn't miss his target, ever, and neverreally gets hit either, because well, legends just don't miss and certainly don't get hit.

Mike tyson, at his prime, was a 19 year old beast who was killing the opposition. He was quick, strong, and very technically sound (he may not have beenEinstein, but he was a very smart fighter). People see Lee's movies, and his videos on youtube about interviews calling for people to become water, andshowcasing his ability to punch dummies one inch away, and not only think he was the best fighter ever, but also one of the most profound philosophers of hisday. They see him beat up Chuck Norris, and Lou Alcindor in movies like Game of Death, and actually believe that Lee could spare with great professionalboxers, like tyson. You guys all need to wake up.

Tyson had at least 80 pounds on him. It wouldn't even be fair. If tyson grabbed lee, it would be over....and don't give me that Bruce Lee,"as-fast-as-Kato-from-the-green-hornet-so-tyson-wouldn't-be-able-to catch-him-bs" because really, it wouldn't happen like that.

and all these people posting videos about Lee, kill it. We all know what tyson did back in his day, and it would be just as easy to post videos. At least thosewould be against other real professionals.

The funny thing is, most of these people who are going for lee, think he's the only martial artist who could defeat tyson, ali, etc. They wouldn't daresay the same about jet li, jackie chan, or chuck norris, because well, they don't have the legend that lee has. So, besides Lee conjuring up his ownmartial art (Jeet Kune do), what separates him from the other great martial artists, turned movie stars? Was it his commentary? or his witty responses, whichdisplayed both his humblessness, yet confidence? or..was it just because he's a legend?...or, is Lee really that much better than Jet Li, Jackie Chan,etc.??

laugh.gif
if tyson grabbed lee that dude would most likely break tysons kneck or crush his rib cage, you seriously need to do some research before making somestatments like this, although its all hypothetical, and no one will every truly know, its safe to say Mike would most likely not last too long with bruce inhand to hand combat, this guy was not a make believe martial artist, this dude developed an entire form of fighting,

It's the cool thing to say bruce lee...why? because he's some mythical character who was known for one inch punches, two finger push ups, and kicks so fast that the camera actually had to record in slow motion. He has legend on his side, which mike does not. Reality can never beat legend, because really, people are fanatical and like to pretend that the illogical can always become logical in at least one case. Since Lee is a legend, his abilities are described as god-like: his reflexes are LIGHTENING QUICK, and his punches and kicks, devastatingly damaging. Lee doesn't miss his target, ever, and never really gets hit either, because well, legends just don't miss and certainly don't get hit.

Mike tyson, at his prime, was a 19 year old beast who was killing the opposition. He was quick, strong, and very technically sound (he may not have been Einstein, but he was a very smart fighter). People see Lee's movies, and his videos on youtube about interviews calling for people to become water, and showcasing his ability to punch dummies one inch away, and not only think he was the best fighter ever, but also one of the most profound philosophers of his day. They see him beat up Chuck Norris, and Lou Alcindor in movies like Game of Death, and actually believe that Lee could spare with great professional boxers, like tyson. You guys all need to wake up.

Tyson had at least 80 pounds on him. It wouldn't even be fair. If tyson grabbed lee, it would be over....and don't give me that Bruce Lee, "as-fast-as-Kato-from-the-green-hornet-so-tyson-wouldn't-be-able-to catch-him-bs" because really, it wouldn't happen like that.

and all these people posting videos about Lee, kill it. We all know what tyson did back in his day, and it would be just as easy to post videos. At least those would be against other real professionals.

The funny thing is, most of these people who are going for lee, think he's the only martial artist who could defeat tyson, ali, etc. They wouldn't dare say the same about jet li, jackie chan, or chuck norris, because well, they don't have the legend that lee has. So, besides Lee conjuring up his own martial art (Jeet Kune do), what separates him from the other great martial artists, turned movie stars? Was it his commentary? or his witty responses, which displayed both his humblessness, yet confidence? or..was it just because he's a legend?...or, is Lee really that much better than Jet Li, Jackie Chan, etc.??

You should stop posting in here. Now you are just mocking Lee, calling him a legend and that no one can touch a legend like him. When he was alive did peoplebase his fighting abilities because he was a living legend? They called him a legend after he died. A person known to be a legend is when they basically die.So saying if mike tyson died people would then call him a legend or w.e.
You say that he shows off on his one inch punch and all of that is just demonstration. Image how much damage he would do if he extend his arm.
And like people were saying not all fights are based on weight because it is proven a small guy beating a guy bigger than him.
You say that Tyson have all of these videos and proof. To become a good fighter you train with the best. You do not get better by beating a weaker opponent.But it is true that two people that have the same motive to be better will be better and be unstoppable. What makes you say that Bruce lee didnt train with thebest of the best. He would not be where he is at unless he trained with the best. SERIOUSLY **** with your nonsense..

Originally Posted by ThiPham

You should stop posting in here. Now you are just mocking Lee, calling him a legend and that no one can touch a legend like him. When he was alive did people base his fighting abilities because he was a living legend? They called him a legend after he died. A person known to be a legend is when they basically die. So saying if mike tyson died people would then call him a legend or w.e.
You say that he shows off on his one inch punch and all of that is just demonstration. Image how much damage he would do if he extend his arm.
And like people were saying not all fights are based on weight because it is proven a small guy beating a guy bigger than him.
You say that Tyson have all of these videos and proof. To become a good fighter you train with the best. You do not get better by beating a weaker opponent. But it is true that two people that have the same motive to be better will be better and be unstoppable. What makes you say that Bruce lee didnt train with the best of the best. He would not be where he is at unless he trained with the best. SERIOUSLY **** with your nonsense..
again, you sound like Lee's girlfriend or something. relax. "image how much damage he would do if he extend his arm"....you see,thats the problem with bruce lee for me, everything is left up to imagination. Lee probably never fought someone on tyson's plane. Tyson at least, foughtsome of the best boxers (at the time). Who knows, maybe bruce lee did train with the "best of the best"....but, until you guys give me some proofthat he did, I'm not buying it.

...and sure, not all fights are won based off of size. But, tyson isn't just much bigger than him, he's also a great fighter.

Futhermore, I am not mocking Lee. As I previously stated, I'm as big of a fan of Bruce lee as any of you guys...I am simply showing you how ridiculous itis when people turn men into legends.
For the record, I don't even think tyson would be considered a legend when he dies. Bruce lee achieved this legendary status because 1. of the outlandishfeats he was said to accomplish, which in turn, creates this image of some unstoppable fighter who never loses, 2. because of his untimely death, and 3. forushering in this martial arts craze in the western world. Using the first 2 points, tyson could never be a legend...we've actually seen him lose.

Originally Posted by ChrisPhenephom

^^ werd

your crazy if you didnt think bruce was better than jet li, jacky chan etc.
he was a real martial artist.
So are Jet Li and Jackie Chan.

Originally Posted by 18key

^^ werd

your crazy if you didnt think bruce was better than jet li, jacky chan etc.
he was a real martial artist.
So are Jet Li and Jackie Chan.
jet li and jackie chan do not possess the skills of bruce lee. jet li did wushu. jackie? c'mon. I love both of em but they are not touchin bruce. Lee had created his own style of martial art. wrote the tao of jeet kune do, had the body,skills and swag etc etc
Oh I know that. I agree completely. I've been arguing for Lee the whole thread. But to say that Jackie and Jet aren't martial artists isjust wrong.

really, you have to ask the questions "can bruce hurt tyson" and "can tyson catch bruce"?
some of the things i'm reading about bruce make him out to be a goku's descendant (which he is not). i like bruce as much as th enext guy (hometownguy) and i really like tyson (beast) but its like saying can a chansey beat a gengar. neither can really hurt each other

Tyson would not stand a chance against Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee would one inch punch Tyson into the ground. Im pretty sure Bruce Lee has fought ppl similar to IronMike in his life time. Bruce Lee >>>> MIke Tyson
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Daprofezzor1025

Tyson would not stand a chance against Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee would one inch punch Tyson into the ground. Im pretty sure Bruce Lee has fought ppl similar to Iron Mike in his life time. Bruce Lee >>>> MIke Tyson
nerd.gif

Lee vs Bolo
nerd.gif

Did that happen in real life? Or just in Enter the Dragon?

I see 3 idiots in this thread

The 3 MT cheerleaders

LOL @ saying Bruce would lose

His hand speed would make MT's eyes looking like Cookie Monster's yo

You serious with this?

Ya'll need to compare some1 more worthy than that man

Back
Top Bottom