Delete

I can also list key players/needs that weren't addressed.

This man made Clements the richest defensive player in the league (at the time). That alone is enough to get him fired.

I do like the Justin Smith signing but he again overpaid. 6 yrs - $45 million - $20 guaranteed

d68159ebbca14328d6435e2a335c608f03be244.gif

What the hell is going on in the front office? A month before the draft? why not do this before the free agents period?
1fa359b1ec93bb1ba9d24a462ab46f11f7723d2.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by What up

Get this bum outta here. All he's done is sit on his hands off season after off season.

You dont really believe that do you? Justin Smith? Nate Clements? Michael Lewis?  I know I'm missing some, but Justin Smith and Nate Clements were some of the bigger free agents the last few years..
Michael Lewis was an okay signing.
Clements was a mistake - he's good but nowhere near worth the $80million he received. Way overpaid.

Justin Smith is a quality player but again, overpaid.

Those signings are nothing to brag about.

I'm so glad they are making him step down. We need someone who is aggressive during free-agency.

Free-agency starts and your first move is to sign David freakin' Carr?!? We had Shaun Hill. He was a very serviceable #2 and if Alex doesn't do well or gets injured - we know what Hill can do. I'm not saying Shaun Hill is a amazing QB or anything, but he didn't make any big mistakes when he was starting. David Carr doesn't make them any better and if something happens to Smith - I do not feel comfortable with Carr as a replacement. Hell, I don't even feel comfortable with Alex Smith as the #1 but he did do decent last year and I believe he deserves one last chance.

If the rumors are true about McNabb being possibly had for a 1st round pick - why in the hell wouldn't you atleast try to go after him? We have 2 first round picks - IMO McNabb has more value than any player at those draft positions. Well, maybe not the 13th, but def. the second 1st round pick. If they were able to land McNabb, they go O-line with the other 1st rd. pick and go from there. I hope whoever our new GM doesn't sit on his hands like Scotty does.

The 49ers have a really good team and the only lacking position is QB and O-line. If they could shore those positions up this off-season, I have no doubt they can take the division.

I know for a fact Jed York is embarrassed as hell with the team and knows we need to be a contender again. It has been what - 8 years now since we last made the playoffs? I believe Jed wants this team to be a winner and he is finally the person we need running this team. I'm so happy we're getting a new GM, I know Jed York will find the right replacement. 

This has to be directly related to the Carr signing..

I think the Carr signing was the last straw, there was no need to trade Shaun Hill who was a capable BACKUP. Bringing in Carr would only bring more questions than answers since Sing already said Alex Smith would be the #1 QB.

That move alone made the leader of the club question what the hell is really going on ... and that's the last thing this team needed was controversy.

I wish I can find all the moves Scot McCloughan has made while he's been with the 9ers.

But who knows when..The timing of this does nothing positive for the team right now..
IMO, Sing and Jed want to go a different direction and Scot is holding them back.

The timing is horrible, but Scot needs to step down.

I see nothing wrong with the timing. I trust Singletary as a talent evaluator more than I trust McCloughan. The scouts are still going to present the same information about prospects. The needs stay the same. We'll just have a smarter individual pulling the trigger come draft day.

^Yeah I agree with that as far as Sing evaluating talent.

I just wouldn't want Sing to carry a GM / Coach role, that wouldn't be a good look. (People are already throwing Billick's name out there as a GM)

The draft board is already set and Sing has already been out on Pro Day checking out talent, I wouldn't be surprised if Scot had Tebow @ 13 and Mays at 17.
laugh.gif

Sing as a GM/Coach is not a good look. I'd let him handle this draft as he sees fit and hire a GM after that.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

[h2]
GM Scot McCloughan is considering stepping down, sources say. McCloughan and team given three hours to respond to what I've learned. 8 minutes ago via web
[/h2]
There's big stuff going down this evening with the 49ers. 10 minutes ago via web

eek.gif

This is horrible timing, but he really needs to step down. It's time.

good...thats what you get for getting rid of hill
mad.gif

hmmm...i wonder what the big stuff is?...im watching csn right now and theyre saying big news from the niners so im gonna wait and see

So I get home. Im seeing double. And our thhread has jumped 4 pages.

It took me aobout 10 minutes rto read and processs all of it. Aaaaaaand the bbnottom line is nothing happened. Thakns for wastin g my time guys.

I see nothing wrong with the timing. I trust Singletary as a talent evaluator more than I trust McCloughan. The scouts are still going to present the same information about prospects. The needs stay the same. We'll just have a smarter individual pulling the trigger come draft day.
You do realize it was Scott who had to convice Sing about drafting Patrick right? If it were up to Sing, we wouldn't have drafted Willis..What does that say about Sing as a talent evaluator?

You do realize it was Scott who had to convice Sing about drafting Patrick right? If it were up to Sing, we wouldn't have drafted Willis..What does that say about Sing as a talent evaluator?

Who did he have to convince about drafting Kentwan Balmer?

Man...This is surprising news. He's going to step down in the morning...I really hope Sing doesn't accept the role as GM.

Who did he have to convince about drafting Kentwan Balmer?

So you would have been ok with not drafting Willis which is what Sing was leaning towards doing? I'll live with the Balmer pick knowing that when there is a player like Willis available, we're going to pick him. Somthing Sing didn't want to do. I don't agree with a some of the players Scott drafted, or some of the players he's brought in. But if we're going to force him out, I want somebody who knows what they're doing when it comes to evaluating talent, and ever since the things I read about Sing and him not wanting to pick Willis, I have no conifidence in him.

Back
Top Bottom