Delete

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by What up

I see nothing wrong with the timing. I trust Singletary as a talent evaluator more than I trust McCloughan. The scouts are still going to present the same information about prospects. The needs stay the same. We'll just have a smarter individual pulling the trigger come draft day.
You do realize it was Scott who had to convice Sing about drafting Patrick right? If it were up to Sing, we wouldn't have drafted Willis..What does that say about Sing as a talent evaluator?

Who did he have to convince about drafting Kentwan Balmer?

So you would have been ok with not drafting Willis which is what Sing was leaning towards doing? I'll live with the Balmer pick knowing that when there is a player like Willis available, we're going to pick him. Somthing Sing didn't want to do. I don't agree with a some of the players Scott drafted, or some of the players he's brought in. But if we're going to force him out, I want somebody who knows what they're doing when it comes to evaluating talent, and ever since the things I read about Sing and him not wanting to pick Willis, I have no conifidence in him.

eek.gif
So Sing made these decisions during the Nolan regime?  That's quite astonishing
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

I see nothing wrong with the timing. I trust Singletary as a talent evaluator more than I trust McCloughan. The scouts are still going to present the same information about prospects. The needs stay the same. We'll just have a smarter individual pulling the trigger come draft day.
You do realize it was Scott who had to convice Sing about drafting Patrick right? If it were up to Sing, we wouldn't have drafted Willis..What does that say about Sing as a talent evaluator?

So you would have been ok with not drafting Willis which is what Sing was leaning towards doing? I'll live with the Balmer pick knowing that when there is a player like Willis available, we're going to pick him. Somthing Sing didn't want to do. I don't agree with a some of the players Scott drafted, or some of the players he's brought in. But if we're going to force him out, I want somebody who knows what they're doing when it comes to evaluating talent, and ever since the things I read about Sing and him not wanting to pick Willis, I have no conifidence in him.

eek.gif
eyes.gif

Your reading comprehension is horrible..Please show me where I said that...........

eyes.gif

If anything now is the time for Scott McCloughan to leave/be forced to step down.  It's needs to be done now before the draft just in case the front office needs to change what their selections for the draft would be.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

If anything now is the time for Scott McCloughan to leave/be forced to step down.  It's needs to be done now before the draft just in case the front office needs to change what their selections for the draft would be.
good point..

eek.gif
eyes.gif
No decisions were made by Singletary, what are you talking about?
Singletary had the opinion that drafting willis would not be a good idea, he didn't make a decision about it though, he had no power when he was LB position coah.

eek.gif
eyes.gif

Your reading comprehension is horrible..Please show me where I said that...........

eyes.gif
If that's not what you meant, you're very misleading.  And if my comprehension skills are horrible, your communication skills are atrocious.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Niners GM McCloughan likely losing duties in front-office reshaping[/h1]
jason_lacanfora_HS_09_02_40x55..jpg
 By Jason La Canfora  |  NFL.com

The San Francisco 49ers' front office is undergoing change, a league source said Thursday, with general manager Scot McCloughan's duties likely to be divided among others -- temporarily, if not longer.

Director of player personnel Trent Baalke is expected to inherit many of McCloughan's responsibilities and could end up with the GM title, at least on an interim basis.

The 49ers are hashing out the matter internally and aren't commenting on McCloughan's status at this time. McCloughan's agent, Peter Schaffer, said his client isn't stepping down. However, a restructuring is happening, according to a source, and the reasons for the change are unrelated to football matters.

The timing of the move -- in the middle of free agency and with the NFL draft next month -- has led to much speculation about the reasons for the change. For now, all that's clear is the team is in the process of reshaping the organization. McCloughan remains listed as the 49ers' GM on the team's official Web site, and no changes have been announced.

But in the short term, if not longer, the 49ers are planning a re-alignment, with Baalke, who has strong ties to McCloughan, in line to take on more responsibility.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/03/18/49ers-gm-scot-mccloughan-part-ways/

Hes done

[h2]http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/2010/03/report-49ers-cutting-ties-with-mccloughan.html[/h2]
[h2]Report: 49ers cutting ties with McCloughan[/h2]

When the players reported today for the offseason program, they did not receive much of an explanation of the status of general manager Scot McCloughan. "All they were told was that things were moved out of McCloughan's office," one source said. "Everything was vague."

Meanwhile, FanHouse reports the 49ers are "cutting ties" with McCloughan over "personal matter" not related to team issues.
The 49ers did not comment on The Press Democrat's initial report last night that McCloughan was considering stepping aside. The team has still issued no statement.

why is mccloughan out? i keep reading it's not about his football decisions, and i'm pretty happy with the direction the team is moving. did something happen i don't know about.

also, what's everyone opinion of balmer. i've seen him on the field maybe a dozen times in 2 years. can he play 3-4 de, or should i just stay mad we passed on desean

You should stay mad, Balmer was a REACH.

He should have never been a 1st round pick, we've only seen him a couple dozen times cause he doesn't have the motor to really get at it.

he's a useless bum that just takes up space.

half our OL can probably play DE better than he can and that's saying a lot

Chester Pitts visits Santa Clara today..
So Maiocco said this whole situation is unrelated to football...What the hell could he have done?

Definitely surprised by this move.

I pray that Mike Singletary doesn't begin drafting whack players high than intended. Word to Mike Nolan and Kentwan Balmer.

Oh yeah and I had a dream that we won our season opener against the Saints..

We're going to.  Superbowl hangover baby!!!

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Oh yeah and I had a dream that we won our season opener against the Saints..
we're playing the saints on opening night?
in my dream I did...maybe it's a sign of things to come...

I was hoping that we would have a 49ers/raiders monday night opener.
this would be sooooo sick.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

I was hoping that we would have a 49ers/raiders monday night opener.
this would be sooooo sick.
pimp.gif
And when you say we, you would be referring to...?

Back
Top Bottom