delete

magic was clutch, plus a point guard with size will benifit you, it's a matter of personal preference though, i want a pass first point guard that could score and improves the play of everyone around them as well. like i said mike is the better overall player but if i'm building a team the first thing i want is a great point guard.

in regards to the finals losses, a loss is a loss at the end of the day but the quality of opponents in the 80's were better, and in 89, magic missed a good chunk of the 89 finals due to injury along with byron scott, still a loss is a loss no matter how you sugarcoat it.

James Worthy is a career 54% from the field.  The year Magic retired, it dropped to 44%     
They're both my favorite players being that I'm a Laker fan, but I'd take Magic just because the 4 players around him will play better. 

James Worthy is a career 54% from the field.  The year Magic retired, it dropped to 44%     
They're both my favorite players being that I'm a Laker fan, but I'd take Magic just because the 4 players around him will play better. 

so oscar is #2, based on his numbers, but wilt is #4? but russell is #3 and ahead of wilt cause of his championships, which is more than anyone in that top 5. makes no sense.

i think kobe is a greater laker than magic. sure a 6-9 pg is never seen (lebron is not one!!!), but you cant deny kobe's impact. better defender, better shooter, while magic is a better point guard, flashier. both won 5, but based on numbers i'd pick kobe. even though magic rookie finals performance will never be forgotten!!!

so oscar is #2, based on his numbers, but wilt is #4? but russell is #3 and ahead of wilt cause of his championships, which is more than anyone in that top 5. makes no sense.

i think kobe is a greater laker than magic. sure a 6-9 pg is never seen (lebron is not one!!!), but you cant deny kobe's impact. better defender, better shooter, while magic is a better point guard, flashier. both won 5, but based on numbers i'd pick kobe. even though magic rookie finals performance will never be forgotten!!!

I dont think im ready to say Kobe is better than Magic.

Maybe after he retires

I dont think im ready to say Kobe is better than Magic.

Maybe after he retires

i think you have to put the whole hiv thing into consideration when you think about kobe vs magic. That sways alot of people in the other direction.

how many more seasons you gusy think magic would have played had he not contracted hiv? i know he came back a couple times but its still not the same...

i think you have to put the whole hiv thing into consideration when you think about kobe vs magic. That sways alot of people in the other direction.

how many more seasons you gusy think magic would have played had he not contracted hiv? i know he came back a couple times but its still not the same...

Kobe > Magic.

Magic said it himself so it makes no sense arguing it. If you watch enough Laker games, you'll remember when he said it.

Jerry West, Magic also said Kobe was also the greatest Laker ever.

Also, comparing eras, it wont end well.

Kobe will never get the recognition he deserves. Maybe after it's all said it done though.

Kobe > Magic.

Magic said it himself so it makes no sense arguing it. If you watch enough Laker games, you'll remember when he said it.

Jerry West, Magic also said Kobe was also the greatest Laker ever.

Also, comparing eras, it wont end well.

Kobe will never get the recognition he deserves. Maybe after it's all said it done though.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

magic was clutch, plus a point guard with size will benifit you, it's a matter of personal preference though, i want a pass first point guard that could score and improves the play of everyone around them as well. like i said mike is the better overall player but if i'm building a team the first thing i want is a great point guard.

in regards to the finals losses, a loss is a loss at the end of the day but the quality of opponents in the 80's were better, and in 89, magic missed a good chunk of the 89 finals due to injury along with byron scott, still a loss is a loss no matter how you sugarcoat it.
point guards don't win rings tho...  im biased tho. i never got to see magic play. not to mention he did have 2 other top 50 of all time players on his squad

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

point guards don't win rings tho...  im biased tho. i never got to see magic play. not to mention he did have 2 other top 50 of all time players on his squad

I hate when people downplay Magic by saying how he lost in the finals four times. The level of competition was so much better than what Jordan faced. Honestly I think that 10 year window when Jordan won his rings was one of the worst in the NBA

I hate when people downplay Magic by saying how he lost in the finals four times. The level of competition was so much better than what Jordan faced. Honestly I think that 10 year window when Jordan won his rings was one of the worst in the NBA

you know, people say magic lost in the finals, but jordan never got there, until 6 years in the league. the bulls didnt even beat the pistons to get to the finals. by the time the bulls got there, the celtics werent even relevant anymore

you know, people say magic lost in the finals, but jordan never got there, until 6 years in the league. the bulls didnt even beat the pistons to get to the finals. by the time the bulls got there, the celtics werent even relevant anymore

Originally Posted by mco85

A lot of people (sorry, let me clarify: almost everyone) conveniently ignore the fact the NBA was at its most diluted point during Jordan's ENTIRE run. The NBA added four teams over '88 and '89. Couple that with all the strong teams from the '80s breaking down and no truly dominant center in the Eastern Conference, and it made going through the East playoffs a lot easier. The best centers during Jordan's run (Admiral/Hakeem the first time, Shaq/Admiral/Hakeem the second) were in the Western Conference, and he never faced them in the Finals. In the 72-win season, two MORE teams had been added. Couple all that with bloated contracts, laziness, etc. and it's a perfect storm, especially if your team has the closest thing to a Big 3 (Jordan, Rodman, Pippen) since the Celtics and Lakers of the '80s.

Originally Posted by mco85

A lot of people (sorry, let me clarify: almost everyone) conveniently ignore the fact the NBA was at its most diluted point during Jordan's ENTIRE run. The NBA added four teams over '88 and '89. Couple that with all the strong teams from the '80s breaking down and no truly dominant center in the Eastern Conference, and it made going through the East playoffs a lot easier. The best centers during Jordan's run (Admiral/Hakeem the first time, Shaq/Admiral/Hakeem the second) were in the Western Conference, and he never faced them in the Finals. In the 72-win season, two MORE teams had been added. Couple all that with bloated contracts, laziness, etc. and it's a perfect storm, especially if your team has the closest thing to a Big 3 (Jordan, Rodman, Pippen) since the Celtics and Lakers of the '80s.

Bu.. bu... but I thought idiot Barkley's opinion didn't count for him saying that LeBron was the best in the league/better than Kobe countless times last season? Which one is it? Customizing again, are we?

And there is no way Kobe > Magic.. Because Magic is arguably greater than Jordan and there is no argument whatsoever for Kobe being greater than Jordan.

Bu.. bu... but I thought idiot Barkley's opinion didn't count for him saying that LeBron was the best in the league/better than Kobe countless times last season? Which one is it? Customizing again, are we?

And there is no way Kobe > Magic.. Because Magic is arguably greater than Jordan and there is no argument whatsoever for Kobe being greater than Jordan.

Back
Top Bottom