delete

People have too much nostalgia, and are scared to label anything in the present better then something we admired in the past.

To some people it doesn't matter what Kobe has done or will ever do, they will still be reluctant to put his name in the same category as the people they grew up idolizing.

People have too much nostalgia, and are scared to label anything in the present better then something we admired in the past.

To some people it doesn't matter what Kobe has done or will ever do, they will still be reluctant to put his name in the same category as the people they grew up idolizing.

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

I can't put kobe over magic or bird for the simple reason they saved the nba. the league was on tape delay. the only stats i need are my two eyeballs. how can you guys diss magic for losing 4 times in the finals but praise kobe even tho he quit in the suns series after going up 3-1. i hear talk about magic playing with h.o.fers. kobe played with 3 other h.o.fers and they got beat in 5 by the pistons. when it comes down to it magic wins due to his intangibles. would kobe ever jump center in a finals game? ask yourself this, has kobe ever made his teammates better? i can argue that worthy made his career off magic's back? kareem was on his last legs when magic joined the lakers? in the biggest game of kobe's life he was outplayed by ron artest. during the playoff run the last two years, i could argue that derek fisher has hitter bigger more clutch shots than kobe. it's not always about scoring its about making plays. magic was simply a better play maker which is why magic>kobe. 
Riiiiiiiiiight. 
laugh.gif

James Worthy went to the university of North Carolina in their heyday, and was selected as the number one overall pick because of.........Magic Johnson. 
roll.gif

Kareem was on his last legs when Magic showed up.........and those last legs lasted for 8 years.  Ok. 

Yeah, Kobe quit in the Suns series, was it game 6 he quit in when he scored 50 points and they were one rebound away from winning the series?  Oh, you mean game 7 right?  When he had like 24 of their 45 points at the half, yet they were still down by 15.  Bottom line, the Suns were better that year, LA had the best player, the Suns had like the next 8 best players with Odom mixed in their somewhere.

And 3 HOF's? 
roll.gif
He played with that cast for ONE year dude.  ONE.  And you called Kareem on his last legs, Malone retired after that year, Payton had 2 more seasons, playing less then 12 minutes a night off the bench.  But yeah, that was the same as Magic and Bird having HOF's in their primes for 5 years or so. 

During Mike's career, I can argue that Steve Kerr, John Paxson, and Jud Buechler hit bigger shots then Mike......see how lame that argument is about Fisher?  (and I, am one of the biggest Fisher backers you will find) 

Bottom line, all that stuff you just typed is you reaching greatly.  You may have been close on some of your points, but your follow thru needs work. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

I can't put kobe over magic or bird for the simple reason they saved the nba. the league was on tape delay. the only stats i need are my two eyeballs. how can you guys diss magic for losing 4 times in the finals but praise kobe even tho he quit in the suns series after going up 3-1. i hear talk about magic playing with h.o.fers. kobe played with 3 other h.o.fers and they got beat in 5 by the pistons. when it comes down to it magic wins due to his intangibles. would kobe ever jump center in a finals game? ask yourself this, has kobe ever made his teammates better? i can argue that worthy made his career off magic's back? kareem was on his last legs when magic joined the lakers? in the biggest game of kobe's life he was outplayed by ron artest. during the playoff run the last two years, i could argue that derek fisher has hitter bigger more clutch shots than kobe. it's not always about scoring its about making plays. magic was simply a better play maker which is why magic>kobe. 
Riiiiiiiiiight. 
laugh.gif

James Worthy went to the university of North Carolina in their heyday, and was selected as the number one overall pick because of.........Magic Johnson. 
roll.gif

Kareem was on his last legs when Magic showed up.........and those last legs lasted for 8 years.  Ok. 

Yeah, Kobe quit in the Suns series, was it game 6 he quit in when he scored 50 points and they were one rebound away from winning the series?  Oh, you mean game 7 right?  When he had like 24 of their 45 points at the half, yet they were still down by 15.  Bottom line, the Suns were better that year, LA had the best player, the Suns had like the next 8 best players with Odom mixed in their somewhere.

And 3 HOF's? 
roll.gif
He played with that cast for ONE year dude.  ONE.  And you called Kareem on his last legs, Malone retired after that year, Payton had 2 more seasons, playing less then 12 minutes a night off the bench.  But yeah, that was the same as Magic and Bird having HOF's in their primes for 5 years or so. 

During Mike's career, I can argue that Steve Kerr, John Paxson, and Jud Buechler hit bigger shots then Mike......see how lame that argument is about Fisher?  (and I, am one of the biggest Fisher backers you will find) 

Bottom line, all that stuff you just typed is you reaching greatly.  You may have been close on some of your points, but your follow thru needs work. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

watching CP defend kobe is entertaining
That's just it, I don't even agree Kobe is better then Magic at this point. 
laugh.gif

It's why I said, give this argument a few years.  But in terms of just sitting here and let people run rampant talkin nonsense, when I have followed this franchise my whole life, naw, I'm not gonna let that slide.  ]

\I done did all these battles back in the day with Magic/Bird, and Magic/Mike.  I'm well versed. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Don't even know why he spends time on idiots.
 Oh well... I'm sure he just copied that reply out of one of his notebooks. 
laugh.gif

That's just it, I don't even agree Kobe is better then Magic at this point. 
laugh.gif

It's why I said, give this argument a few years.  But in terms of just sitting here and let people run rampant talkin nonsense, when I have followed this franchise my whole life, naw, I'm not gonna let that slide.  ]

\I done did all these battles back in the day with Magic/Bird, and Magic/Mike.  I'm well versed. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Don't even know why he spends time on idiots.
 Oh well... I'm sure he just copied that reply out of one of his notebooks. 
laugh.gif

oohhh +$#% i forgot about the coolers full of notes already lolol. it's like dexter with his blood samples

oohhh +$#% i forgot about the coolers full of notes already lolol. it's like dexter with his blood samples

3900stabler wrote:
The exact reason Kobe will never get the full respect he deserves until he retires. 80% of this board can't put their biased views aside and keep it straight skill vs. skill. KOBE'S BASKETBALL SKILLS > ANYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED! (except MJ)

3900stabler wrote:
The exact reason Kobe will never get the full respect he deserves until he retires. 80% of this board can't put their biased views aside and keep it straight skill vs. skill. KOBE'S BASKETBALL SKILLS > ANYONE WHO HAS EVER PLAYED! (except MJ)

Kobe will never get the respect he deserves. Still way too many haters out there and MJ D-Riders that feel they need to bash anything Kobe does just for the simple fact that Kobe gets comparisons to MJ.

When it's all said and done, things will be different.

Everyone knows the deal. Kobe threads always pop up, haters come out in full force, around June when the Lakers win the title they're no where to be found until the next season starts.

Magic said Kobe was the greatest Laker of all time, I even quoted it, posted it, yet people try and ignore it and still dispute how Magic is better when the words came out of the mans own mouth.

The Kobe hate is disgusting
sick.gif

Dudes better just PRAY, seriously pray that Kobe doesn't go for number 6 this year and prove all the doubters wrong, once again. Especially after some of the outlandish comments and hate i've read in this thread.

Kobe will never get the respect he deserves. Still way too many haters out there and MJ D-Riders that feel they need to bash anything Kobe does just for the simple fact that Kobe gets comparisons to MJ.

When it's all said and done, things will be different.

Everyone knows the deal. Kobe threads always pop up, haters come out in full force, around June when the Lakers win the title they're no where to be found until the next season starts.

Magic said Kobe was the greatest Laker of all time, I even quoted it, posted it, yet people try and ignore it and still dispute how Magic is better when the words came out of the mans own mouth.

The Kobe hate is disgusting
sick.gif

Dudes better just PRAY, seriously pray that Kobe doesn't go for number 6 this year and prove all the doubters wrong, once again. Especially after some of the outlandish comments and hate i've read in this thread.

# 5 or 6, it is all good.  He's still going up that list when it is all said and done.

# 5 or 6, it is all good.  He's still going up that list when it is all said and done.

Back
Top Bottom