delete

Originally Posted by RiceBaLLer2

eek.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Great read right there

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

LeBron is better than Scottie Pippen and Larry Legend though, in my humble opinion...

eek.gif

the same larry that won 3 straight mvp's?

the one that swept jordan in the playoffs ...................twice

12× NBA All-Star?

3× NBA Champion????

1984-1985 stats ....... 29-10-6

CAREER stats 24 10 6

Originally Posted by Flyest In The Hood

LeBron is better than Scottie Pippen and Larry Legend though, in my humble opinion...

eek.gif

the same larry that won 3 straight mvp's?

the one that swept jordan in the playoffs ...................twice

12× NBA All-Star?

3× NBA Champion????

1984-1985 stats ....... 29-10-6

CAREER stats 24 10 6

Lebron is obviously a superior physical talent to bird.

They have different skillsets so comparing them is irrelevant.

However physical talent and even skills don't account for intagibles.

That being said there isn't a single defender in league history that I would choose over Pippen to guard the perimeter.

Lebron is obviously a superior physical talent to bird.

They have different skillsets so comparing them is irrelevant.

However physical talent and even skills don't account for intagibles.

That being said there isn't a single defender in league history that I would choose over Pippen to guard the perimeter.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by dland24

One of the best to ever do it.  And he gave us these:

image.axd

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

although those are the goat pippens, i was always partial to these
Nike%20Air%20Pippen%204%20navy_2.jpg

Pippen 1s >
When i was a youngin and didn't know the whole biz of bball shoes yet. my friend's brother had these just chillin inside the box.  I caught a sight of them and was 
eek.gif
.  Ever since then they have been one of my all-time favorite shoes  
grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Originally Posted by dland24

One of the best to ever do it.  And he gave us these:

image.axd

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

although those are the goat pippens, i was always partial to these
Nike%20Air%20Pippen%204%20navy_2.jpg

Pippen 1s >
When i was a youngin and didn't know the whole biz of bball shoes yet. my friend's brother had these just chillin inside the box.  I caught a sight of them and was 
eek.gif
.  Ever since then they have been one of my all-time favorite shoes  
grin.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I wonder how many of those who think LeBron is better than Pippen actually saw Pippen play or are just guessing.

I wonder how many of those who think LeBron is better than Pippen actually saw Pippen play or are just guessing.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by RawSheed

can someone explain the kukoc-pippen on the bench situation again.
His defining moment happened during the 1994 playoffs, when Pippen refused to re-enter Game 3 against New York after Jackson called the final play for Toni Kukoc. Instead of laying into Pippen after the game, Jackson trusted his players to handle the immediate aftermath. It ended up being done by Bill Cartwright, who screamed at Scottie with tears rolling down his face, incredulous that one of the league's most unselfish players would undermine that dogfight of a season -- when the Bulls somehow remained contenders with Jordan playing baseball -- by acting so selfishly.

Jackson waited for the room to calm down, judged the moment for what it was, chalked it up as an aberration and moved on. More than a few coaches would have abandoned Pippen, claimed that he lost the team, pushed for him to be traded that summer. Jackson knew that Pippen's mistake came from a complicated place, a Molotov cocktail of insecurity, ego and frustration about his unfair salary. When Jordan left, everyone pushed Scottie to be the leader -- including Jackson -- but the Bulls didn't pay him like other franchise players, and now they were giving away his "You the man!" moment? Jackson wanted to understand why Pippen handled it so poorly, figured it out, determined it wouldn't happen again (hopefully), and defended him going forward. Coaching isn't just about calling plays, riding the officials and figuring out strategies. Really, it's management more than anything else. You manage people. Jackson managed people better than anyone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110513&sportCat=nba

Bulls management drew first blood back in '91 when they went across the globe to Croatia trying to woo Kukoc, offering him crazy amounts of money, while they made Scottie's new contract priority # 2. He knew they didn't fully appreciate what he brought to the team. Scottie AND MJ took it to heart and gave Kukoc the business when they played against his team in the '92 Olympics. What followed this was pretty much the final straw.

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

As a "Chicagoland" native (hate that term) that got heavily dosed with WGN coverage in the 90s, I did.... and I do. It's really not even close. Lebron is more dominant than Pippen ever could have been. And I pretty much hate Lebron. It's just true though. Stats be damned. Lebron is something new entirely. And he's only just begun.... PLEASE BEAT THE HEAT CHICAGO...
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by RawSheed

can someone explain the kukoc-pippen on the bench situation again.
His defining moment happened during the 1994 playoffs, when Pippen refused to re-enter Game 3 against New York after Jackson called the final play for Toni Kukoc. Instead of laying into Pippen after the game, Jackson trusted his players to handle the immediate aftermath. It ended up being done by Bill Cartwright, who screamed at Scottie with tears rolling down his face, incredulous that one of the league's most unselfish players would undermine that dogfight of a season -- when the Bulls somehow remained contenders with Jordan playing baseball -- by acting so selfishly.

Jackson waited for the room to calm down, judged the moment for what it was, chalked it up as an aberration and moved on. More than a few coaches would have abandoned Pippen, claimed that he lost the team, pushed for him to be traded that summer. Jackson knew that Pippen's mistake came from a complicated place, a Molotov cocktail of insecurity, ego and frustration about his unfair salary. When Jordan left, everyone pushed Scottie to be the leader -- including Jackson -- but the Bulls didn't pay him like other franchise players, and now they were giving away his "You the man!" moment? Jackson wanted to understand why Pippen handled it so poorly, figured it out, determined it wouldn't happen again (hopefully), and defended him going forward. Coaching isn't just about calling plays, riding the officials and figuring out strategies. Really, it's management more than anything else. You manage people. Jackson managed people better than anyone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/110513&sportCat=nba

Bulls management drew first blood back in '91 when they went across the globe to Croatia trying to woo Kukoc, offering him crazy amounts of money, while they made Scottie's new contract priority # 2. He knew they didn't fully appreciate what he brought to the team. Scottie AND MJ took it to heart and gave Kukoc the business when they played against his team in the '92 Olympics. What followed this was pretty much the final straw.

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

As a "Chicagoland" native (hate that term) that got heavily dosed with WGN coverage in the 90s, I did.... and I do. It's really not even close. Lebron is more dominant than Pippen ever could have been. And I pretty much hate Lebron. It's just true though. Stats be damned. Lebron is something new entirely. And he's only just begun.... PLEASE BEAT THE HEAT CHICAGO...
30t6p3b.gif

MJ was damn lucky Scottie was on his side.  
pimp.gif
vice versa

Dude was so good on the perimeter with his defense.  You play ball you know how tired you get running around trying to guard quick asss guards.  Pippen did it and did it just as good as anyone. 

Plus his ball handling for someone tall and skinny was damn good.  Can run the offense. 

I always liked Pippen
pimp.gif

MJ was damn lucky Scottie was on his side.  
pimp.gif
vice versa

Dude was so good on the perimeter with his defense.  You play ball you know how tired you get running around trying to guard quick asss guards.  Pippen did it and did it just as good as anyone. 

Plus his ball handling for someone tall and skinny was damn good.  Can run the offense. 

I always liked Pippen
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom