delete

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Sometimes we forget that these guys are people too. I dont think that Scottie was a terribly selfish guy for doing that, but its the one reason you cannot state that hes an all time top 3 great at his position.
I dont think his not taking the shot was terrible its that after 3 NBA titles Scottie was still insecure in his stature. It was in that moment basketball became more about the things the auxiliary aspects that come with basketball, critical achlaim, and money. I dont doubt that Scottie was disapointed in himself, and his coach.

Lemme ask you....if Pip had made the same decision to sit out the final play in today's NBA, how much would he be killed for it? 

Sometimes we forget that these guys are people too. I dont think that Scottie was a terribly selfish guy for doing that, but its the one reason you cannot state that hes an all time top 3 great at his position.
I dont think his not taking the shot was terrible its that after 3 NBA titles Scottie was still insecure in his stature. It was in that moment basketball became more about the things the auxiliary aspects that come with basketball, critical achlaim, and money. I dont doubt that Scottie was disapointed in himself, and his coach.

Lemme ask you....if Pip had made the same decision to sit out the final play in today's NBA, how much would he be killed for it? 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Oh my God, with 24 hour ESPN services, twitter, Facebook, the internet, Skip Bayless type shows where they can argue it over and over, NBA TV where they can debate it over and over, it would be BRUTAL.  

Oh my God, with 24 hour ESPN services, twitter, Facebook, the internet, Skip Bayless type shows where they can argue it over and over, NBA TV where they can debate it over and over, it would be BRUTAL.  

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Scottie Pippen was a great player but Jordan made him a great player.  Lets say hypothetically he left the Bulls via free agency after the 1st 3 peat. He would've gone on to be a great player who could take your team to the playoffs with some help by he wasnt in Lebron's caliber as far as being a player that can totally carry your team deep into the playoffs and win MVPs. Pippen complemented Jordan. There's no way Pippen wins championships without being on team with Jordan, Hakeem or a team full of stars.

Well considering the fact that he was a ref screwing 1 play away from getting to the finals in 94 while being 2nd in MVP voiting  in his 1 and only year as The Man I'd have to emphatically disagree with you.

Scottie Pippen was a great player but Jordan made him a great player.  Lets say hypothetically he left the Bulls via free agency after the 1st 3 peat. He would've gone on to be a great player who could take your team to the playoffs with some help by he wasnt in Lebron's caliber as far as being a player that can totally carry your team deep into the playoffs and win MVPs. Pippen complemented Jordan. There's no way Pippen wins championships without being on team with Jordan, Hakeem or a team full of stars.

Well considering the fact that he was a ref screwing 1 play away from getting to the finals in 94 while being 2nd in MVP voiting  in his 1 and only year as The Man I'd have to emphatically disagree with you.

Depends on outcome.
If Tony misses that shot then Pip didnt take the defenders off Kukoc then it might have been murder for him.
If its the same outcome then its Homicide.
Whats understated is that the decision Scottie made cost them that series...... At least emotionally

Depends on outcome.
If Tony misses that shot then Pip didnt take the defenders off Kukoc then it might have been murder for him.
If its the same outcome then its Homicide.
Whats understated is that the decision Scottie made cost them that series...... At least emotionally

alot of lebron suckin in here hes a great offense player yes but hes not top 5 defense smh yall ride him too much

alot of lebron suckin in here hes a great offense player yes but hes not top 5 defense smh yall ride him too much

Originally Posted by CP1708

This is kinda what I was getting at....I think Pip is lucky his meltdown happened in the age before the internet blew up as well as social media.  It was one of the most selfish displays ever in sports.  Worse than Randy Moss saying "I play when I want to," AI's "practice," or Bron not shaking hands.....

Originally Posted by CP1708

This is kinda what I was getting at....I think Pip is lucky his meltdown happened in the age before the internet blew up as well as social media.  It was one of the most selfish displays ever in sports.  Worse than Randy Moss saying "I play when I want to," AI's "practice," or Bron not shaking hands.....

Not seeing why some people thinking Lebron is better is automatically classified by some as "riding" Lebron. Lebron is arguably the best basketball player in the league right now (look, you may disagree and that's fine, but you KNOW it's at least a very reasonable claim). Depending on your view, he may have been the best basketball player in the league for a number of years now. I think almost anyone can agree that for the last 4 years he's been at LEAST Top 2 player in the league. 

People who are up in arms about anyone putting Lebron ahead of Scottie, are you essentially saying Scottie would also be the best basketball player in the league right now? Again, you may think so or you may not, but I think it's very fair to believe that Lebron as a basketball player may actually be better. If you're trying to say that Scottie had a better CAREER, you're right... but then you're really answering a different question -- one that is not fair to even ask right now, since Lebron's career is nowhere near done.

It's not disrespect to either player to say one is better than the other, as both are supreme basketball talents.

Not seeing why some people thinking Lebron is better is automatically classified by some as "riding" Lebron. Lebron is arguably the best basketball player in the league right now (look, you may disagree and that's fine, but you KNOW it's at least a very reasonable claim). Depending on your view, he may have been the best basketball player in the league for a number of years now. I think almost anyone can agree that for the last 4 years he's been at LEAST Top 2 player in the league. 

People who are up in arms about anyone putting Lebron ahead of Scottie, are you essentially saying Scottie would also be the best basketball player in the league right now? Again, you may think so or you may not, but I think it's very fair to believe that Lebron as a basketball player may actually be better. If you're trying to say that Scottie had a better CAREER, you're right... but then you're really answering a different question -- one that is not fair to even ask right now, since Lebron's career is nowhere near done.

It's not disrespect to either player to say one is better than the other, as both are supreme basketball talents.

go back & watch any 4th quarter of a bulls game & then come back & tell me.....fam guared EVERYBODY

go back & watch any 4th quarter of a bulls game & then come back & tell me.....fam guared EVERYBODY

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

thank you sir

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

thank you sir

Back
Top Bottom