delete

he was there during 96-98...  he didn't do too bad for a 18 year old kid. Even had a 30pt game against MJ and the Bulls

He still do decent, it's not the players that would bother Kobe, but it would be the rules and physical defense that might bother him. But he'd adjust just fine.

I know people love to hate Kobe on here (I neither love nor hate him but I respect his ability) but lets come together and be honest, Kobe has the talent to be an exceptional player in any era. End of. 

he dominates.

he is dominating right now at 33 so i dont see why he wouldnt dominate back then

The likes of Rick Mahorn and the Detroit bad boys would eat his cereal night in and night out.

Originally Posted by odog24

he dominates.

he is dominating right now at 33 so i dont see why he wouldnt dominate back then

strong post to screen name to sig ratio...

Originally Posted by marath0n

Jordan didn't win a title til Bird/Magic were on the decline.

**runs away**
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
Son has a point

Does this hypothetical Kobe still copy MJ? If so he'd do pretty good. If he gets a better look at other stars and hofers and copies their moves as well who knows.

Just as an individual player I think he'd fare fine as far as individual stats, be a top 10 player and top 5 sg for sure.

No point in speculating if he'd win a title since we don't know what would happen if you put him on any team during that era (Knicks easily get multiple titles if they have him).

Now LeBron, he'd outright dominate but somebody would've eventually injure him
laugh.gif

He'd still be fine as a player, he would have had a much better image.

It was much easier to control perceptions back then.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

he was there during 96-98...  he didn't do too bad for a 18 year old kid. Even had a 30pt game against MJ and the Bulls

laugh.gif
 i was about to say something like this.

He would dominate like he is now and has in his past.

Nothing would change. Except maybe a few less rings due to the Bulls.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

and wasn't he coming off the bench that game?
dudes acting like he didn't play against guys like Olajuwon or Robinson and others from Jordan's era 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

I know people love to hate Kobe on here (I neither love nor hate him but I respect his ability) but lets come together and be honest, Kobe has the talent to be an exceptional player in any era. End of. 

This.  There are certain players that you could stick in any era and they're going to DO WORK and he's definitely one of them along with The BASEDone, The ({}), #7, Dirk, KD, CP3, Deron, Pooh, Orlando-Early Houston T Mac for sure...  These type of players would be extremely productive during the glory/physical years of the NBA IMO

Back
Top Bottom