delete

Do yall listen when Kobe always says that he is an 80's baby?  That is the kind of basketball that he likes :  late 80's through the end of the 90's.  He would do just fine in Jordans era. Probably one of the last throwbacks to that era that is still playing today and will never see it again.... 

Originally Posted by lynchpin33

Do yall listen when Kobe always says that he is an 80's baby?  That is the kind of basketball that he likes :  late 80's through the end of the 90's.  He would do just fine in Jordans era. Probably one of the last throwbacks to that era that is still playing today and will never see it again.... 

This. He's a throwback player. Unfortunately he is the last one left. How would he fare with the Jordan era? Depends if he's coached by Phil or not. 

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Depends on who Phil Jackson is coaching........
laugh.gif
 RIGHT ON THE MONEY!

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

Originally Posted by RavageBX

How bout if you put him on the Bulls in lieu of MJ...
I don't think he would have won any rings with those Bulls teams.  None of those squads had Shaq and Gasol to carry him to the trophy.

see's the posters sig and realizes being able to form opinions without letting his biased views get in the way isn't one of his better qualities.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Dimelo

LeBron would play better in Jordan's era than Kobe
Go have a seat son. Not even LeBron would believe that. 

You're not my father.LeBron would have 8 rings and would've owned Bird, Magic, and Jordan.. LeBron is just that good.. They would've changed te NBA logo to LeBron if he played in that weak era.. Jordan couldn't last in this LeBron era though, he'd be a regular 15ppg player, Jordan only dominated that era because he had no competition in the 90s at the 2 and 3 positions

KB vs. MJ in the Finals would be epic.

I think he would be top 5 in the L during that era.

It was more physical in that era, but players are more athletic now.

Originally Posted by LA Lakers 8

KB vs. MJ in the Finals would be epic.

I think he would be top 5 in the L during that era.

It was more physical in that era, but players are more athletic now.

Kobe stans are annoying.. Nobody cares about a Kobe VS MJ in the finals... Epic is LeKing VS MJ and winning the finals

Why do some of you bring up him having to "adjust" to the different play style. Well if he played in that era he wouldn't have to adjust to anything because that would be the only set of rules he knew. Not like he would have Thats So Raven vision to know that 2000-on would be less physical than the 90s. So I don't even understand that point.

kobe is a throwback type player

he likes hard fouls, he plays physical, he likes when guys play physical on him

he would have been just fine in the 80s and 90s

Kobe would do just fine. Chances are he would've been among the other greats who came up short to the bulls though. I know dude trolling, but lol at Lebron doing better than Kobe. The 4th quarter pressure Lebron fails under seems like nothing compared to what just about every game was like back then. Not to mention his footwork is not up to par, he wouldn't be getting those "veteran calls" and honestly son just aint got the heart to compete in that era. 

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by odog24

he dominates.

he is dominating right now at 33 so i dont see why he wouldnt dominate back then
defense was more smashmouth then...
but kobe is a smashmouth player. look at how old he is and how hard he plays no one else playing today is comparable.
it would be fun to watch if him and jordan were from the same era but it doesnt work that way. theres only one superstar per era. you cant have two jordans playing because one will lose and be on considered a lower status player.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

he dominates.

he is dominating right now at 33 so i dont see why he wouldnt dominate back then
defense was more smashmouth then...
but kobe is a smashmouth player. look at how old he is and how hard he plays no one else playing today is comparable.
it would be fun to watch if him and jordan were from the same era but it doesnt work that way. theres only one superstar per era. you cant have two jordans playing because one will lose and be on considered a lower status player.

C'mon now, at least admit you're being a homer...
It's univerally known that Jordan woulda dominated even more with the no hand-checking rule in place now.  

And playing in the same era woulda just elevated Jordan's game even more.  Jordan thrived on competition.

By the way, DRose just stonefaced your homer comment of noone playing harder than kobe today...

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

he was there during 96-98...  he didn't do too bad for a 18 year old kid. Even had a 30pt game against MJ and the Bulls
and wasn't he coming off the bench that game?
dudes acting like he didn't play against guys like Olajuwon or Robinson and others from Jordan's era 
laugh.gif
He also had a 33 point game off the bench in the second half alone against Penny Hardaway and the Orlando Magic.
Threads like these don't work well on NT. All of the people who dislike Kobe come out just to hate on the dude with no intent on actually providing an honest opinion.

Especially Lebron fans.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Dimelo

LeBron would play better in Jordan's era than Kobe
Go have a seat son. Not even LeBron would believe that. 

He would have. Who in the world is stopping the 6'8 260 pound point forward with the twice the speed of MJ? Nobody can check Lebron now and nobody(not Scottie or MJ) would be able to check Lebron. Plus Lebron plays better defense than Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom