Delete

you get good gas mileage on that ?

i was thinking about picking up a beamer or some other luxury to put miles on and save a little gas

american muscle cars is trash. heavy and slow. i trololol american muscle cars all day.

Nice looking car. Beautiful color combination
I grew up working on BMW's with my dad. e28,e30,e34,e36, we've owned all of those at some point, and I'll say they were all great cars. Usual maintenance, replacing a water pump or something simple like that. Those cars are from a different lifetime compared to yours though.

I know practically nothing about maintenance on a car as recent as yours, but regardless I would set aside some money to go towards that.

People are going to tell you to mess with the appearance, wheels, new grille, etc. It's a German masterpiece as it is. These cars are made to look great right off the lot, and they've been like this for decades. I'd save the modifications for those guys with the Civics, etc, who sort of need to customize it just so they can stand out a little from the rest. Plus, if you truly do plan on upgrading to a different car in the near future, you won't see a return on any money you put into the car. Putting money in to the appearance of a car is one of the easiest ways to spend money I can think of. I'd say only alter it if you know you'll be keeping it/enjoying it for years to come. Best to keep that money towards the maintenance.

Hope you enjoy it. I'm sure it drives as good as it looks.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Why *$%$*# always wanna talk about the next man's money? +*+$ is for females. Nice pickup though, saw one with a sport package for 15k, and 80,000 miles, looks good.

it took 27 posts to compare us to females on a board... about shoes...
ohwell.gif
... I'm impressed... normally, that's within the first ten posts

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by Spookz312

suckers buy new cars unless youve got millions and thats the truth...

forget a new bmer with these cars go for 1 owners with service records..those are whats good.. me personally if i couldnt resell id take a specific mint e39 before a 2012 bmer but thats just me

What? Shut that !%@% up fam 
laugh.gif

You don't need to be a millionaire to buy a new car. 
Actually he is fairly correct. A new car depreciates extremely fast and your net worth should be fairly high in order to make that depreciation financially responsible. Buying a year or two old car offsets a large percentage of the intial depreciation. Most people cant afford to have a new car lose 30% of its value in the first two years.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Nice car brother
smokin.gif

Don't mind NT you know they hate on everything.
Let me borrow that at the end of the month though
nerd.gif

indifferent.gif
So pointing out mistakes is hating now? Oh I see.

The last couple "hating" comments were purely constructive criticism. What? You expect EVERYBODY to give props?
roll.gif

its either hate or props. No in between. I think ninjahood isn't being a punk. Just honest...

Originally Posted by SC415

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

in all seriousness is this a good car to buy?.. i been looking hard for a 5-series but cant seem to find one that has decent milage/still under warranty
im about to purchase an 05' 545i with 75,000 for $17k

is that any better?.. i mean ill get a warranty through the dealership but reading all these replies is making me think twice..

what you guys think i should do?

Get a Maxima instead. 

Get an 11-12 base charger.

co-sign with the Charger but not base. get the R/T

looks amazing and its got the HEMI!! just got once recently and i LOVE it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I heard you should never buy a car you can't pay off in 36 months b/c you'll never be on top of the value.

How true is that?

Originally Posted by ricky409

I heard you should never buy a car you can't pay off in 36 months b/c you'll never be on top of the value.

How true is that?

its not that serious if you have insurance and dont get a car with costly maintanece.

but im sure theres some truth to that generic formula

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Budget ballin...

No, seriously though, 90k miles? If you were gonna get a new car in December you shoudve bought something that will be more reliable and cheaper for now. Not a 2005 BMW with 90,000 miles. Thats just not smart, but do you.

And alterations? Seriously? Mods/modify/modifications you mean? You aint trying to go to a tailor to get your jeans hemmed or tapered.
laugh.gif

why are u tryin to modify a almost 100k mile bmw whenu gonna sell it in a few months to get a 2012....what do u expect to get for it when u sell it u paid 16k  and ur goona drop dough in upgrades ...  this guy dont make any sense
sick.gif
 ..feel like dude tryed to hard to show off and got shut down   

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

Originally Posted by Spookz312

suckers buy new cars unless youve got millions and thats the truth...

forget a new bmer with these cars go for 1 owners with service records..those are whats good.. me personally if i couldnt resell id take a specific mint e39 before a 2012 bmer but thats just me

laugh.gif

Actually he is fairly correct. A new car depreciates extremely fast and your net worth should be fairly high in order to make that depreciation financially responsible. Buying a year or two old car offsets a large percentage of the intial depreciation. Most people cant afford to have a new car lose 30% of its value in the first two years.
So if you're worth 200-300+ thousand, you can't buy a new Benz?
If you're worth 40-60k you can't buy a new Camry? 

Originally Posted by STAYFRESH

Budget ballin...

No, seriously though, 90k miles? If you were gonna get a new car in December you shoudve bought something that will be more reliable and cheaper for now. Not a 2005 BMW with 90,000 miles. Thats just not smart, but do you.

And alterations? Seriously? Mods/modify/modifications you mean? You aint trying to go to a tailor to get your jeans hemmed or tapered.
laugh.gif

why are u tryin to modify a almost 100k mile bmw whenu gonna sell it in a few months to get a 2012....what do u expect to get for it when u sell it u paid 16k  and ur goona drop dough in upgrades ...  this guy dont make any sense
sick.gif

Oh yea, I tried to show off a  7 year old car. Who said I was going to sell the car?  I'm keeping the car.  But ok, U got it.  

laugh.gif
@*@ said I tried to show off and got shut down. Gawd I love NT
roll.gif

Originally Posted by UTVOL23

laugh.gif

So if you're worth 200-300+ thousand, you can't buy a new Benz?
If you're worth 40-60k you can't buy a new Camry? 

financially it doesnt make sense because of the depreciation you take as soon as you drive it off the lot. You realize that a new camry can run over 30K after taxes etc. that is one years salary

You lose 70% of most cars value in the first 4 years. Not many people can afford to take that kind of lose. Millions of people do it everyday but that doesnt make it financially smart

Originally Posted by DMoney82

Budget ballin...

laugh.gif

sick.gif

Oh yea, I tried to show off a  7 year old car. Who said I was going to sell the car?  I'm keeping the car.  But ok, U got it.  

laugh.gif
roll.gif

I mean you did try to show off. You say you know nothing about cars, and calling mods "alterations" I believe that you dont know anything. Have fun racing an automatic, which will probably break down even quicker with hard driving.

Like I said, budget ballin.

sick.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

I mean you did try to show off. You say you know nothing about cars, and calling mods "alterations" I believe that you dont know anything. Have fun racing an automatic, which will probably break down even quicker with hard driving.

I said I know nothing about BMW's clown, I made this thread to learn. Budget Balling?  Ok dude,Thanks anyway. Come to get info and it's always some hatin #*% punk #*% like you lurkin
laugh.gif

Yikes....That's 10K more miles than my Lincoln, and I have a 01.

Picking up a 7 year old, 90K BMW is a terrible idea, my moms 2011 335 already has had a number of random (minor, but still) problems already.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Picking up a 7 year old, 90K BMW is a terrible idea, my moms 2011 335 already has had a number of random (minor, but still) problems already.

Damn,That's crazy.

I just got rid of my '04 545i a few months back, and I actually miss it. I ran up 115k miles, and I never really had many problems with it. It was CPO and I extended the maintenance to 100k mi, so I only spent about $250 worth of deductibles in the 6 years I had it. The only major problem I had was the water pump going out at around 80ki, and either my alternator or battery were going out just before I got rid of it. Parts are seriously no joke, and prepare to spend no less than $700 for a brake job (if you actually change the rotors like you're supposed to). The dealer wanted over $500 for a battery+programming and the alternator alone was $600. Sure it's expensive, but if those were the only problems I had after owning the car for 6 years and 2 years after my warranty expired I'd say I did pretty good. The only things I did to mine were black out the grills and emblems, tint, B&B exhaust, DPE Wheels, and euro headlights with clear corners and Angel iBrights. I would seriously consider owning another one if I found a good deal.

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

It's crazy how BMWs and other euro brands are notorious for electrical problems and high maintenance costs, yet American cars get crapped on so heavily.

10 Piece Nuggets wrote:

I said I know nothing about BMW's clown, I made this thread to learn. Budget Balling?  Ok dude,Thanks anyway. Come to get info and it's always some hatin #*% punk #*% like you lurkin
laugh.gif

Son, you said alterations like you getting your jeans fixed up.
laugh.gif
Cmon now.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Now im a clown cause im posting some sense. Ok, personal attacks now.
laugh.gif

That is budget ballin though. You really think people are gonna believe you when you buy a 2005 Bimmer for 16k with 90,000 miles and you say you gonna cop a brand new 2012 in December? Even people with long money dont do stupid !*@ like that.

OP im not even hatin on you at all cuz im all about used cars, but based on what you said i understand what others are saying.

Back
Top Bottom