Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We got another PG or sum'n?

Steve Black?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I'm just hoping this team finally stays healthy going into the playoffs. With Blake playing well Earl getting a chance to rest up, And Jaminson getting into a groove i think we can do some damage.

Tomorrow will be the third time all season the Lakers have played with the complete roster. Thats funny and sad

Idk if anyone will actually come up with a real response.... but NobleKane had me thinking, what does being a Lakers fan mean to yall?

Idk if anyone will actually come up with a real response.... but NobleKane had me thinking, what does being a Lakers fan mean to yall?

The standard of basketball.

We have 1 less title than Boston, they merely cornered the market when there were 10 teams and no free agency.
Yet year in, year out for 63+ years, we stay in the hunt. 31-32 trips to the finals, being in at least one in EVERY decade, never missing the playoffs in 3 straight years. We are the standard.

Our jerseys that hang, not like any other team. Greats of the great.

Even our laundry. Every team had a road color, and a home white. We had a road color, and a home color. Only later did we add a home white, our Sunday best.
Even our announcer, Chick Hearn. The best.

Best owner, best coaches, best players, best announcer.

Standard of excellence.

The L.A. Lakers.

Application: PERMANENTLY denied

Enjoy the cowbells, with or without the Kings.

It means being hated on by people because they know... we don't go away. We take smoke breaks, but we don't go away.

It's the style of basketball we play. There will NEVER be a Laker team that played like the late 90's Cavs, slowing the ball down the way The Czar wanted it.

It's the high expectations. We will NEVER be the Charlotte Bobcats. Being average, to us, is being TERRIBLE. Memes made of the entire team being fired because we're 4-5 games below .500.

It's the celebrities. It's like the Knicks have Spike, and we have everyone else. Oh, the Clippers have celebs, too? lulz @ Penny Marshall and Billy Crystal

And that's another thing, there's our little brother. Sure, they're all beast mode right now and we're all "ONOOEEZ!!", but things will get back to the way they should be. Basketball reasons can only last so long, then CP3 will go somewhere else or retire, and Sterling gonna Sterling some more after that, and order will be restored.

A month ago, people were laughing at any Laker fan mentioning playoffs. Are the Mavs climbing any spots? No, because they're not us.

No, it's not like magic just wisked us into playoff contention, but every credible analyst knew we would do this, especially after Kobe said "Relax, we'll be in. Bet."

It's the banners, the retired numbers, Great Western Forum, Magic, Kareem, Nick the Quick, Vlade's flopping, Diesel, Kobe, Staples, and hating on the Clippers (get your own damn arena, or help decorate Staples, dammit!
laugh.gif
). It's always being a major part of the FA market, and sometimes doing what we do despite everyone trying to make sure we don't do what we do. You think it started w/ Shaq? Yeahno. Stars WANT to be a part of this franchise. Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Pau, Dwight, Nash... hell, I'll throw in Rodman, and Rice in there, too. Horry, Fox. Kidd was supposed to, but... yeah. Artest.
smokin.gif
It's other fans being annoyed that we're on tv even when we're playing uninspired, and knowing we'll be all over tv when we're on top.

Damn I love my Lakers.
pimp.gif

All these responses are cool 
smokin.gif
 So is it fair to say that as a Lakers fan, it means to be perfect/excellent? 

When were yall supposed to get Kidd??? And wasn't the Staples center technically built for the LA Kings?? 

and permanently denied?!?!? 
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

The standard of basketball.

We have 1 less title than Boston, they merely cornered the market when there were 10 teams and no free agency.
Yet year in, year out for 63+ years, we stay in the hunt. 31-32 trips to the finals, being in at least one in EVERY decade, never missing the playoffs in 3 straight years. We are the standard.

Our jerseys that hang, not like any other team. Greats of the great.

Even our laundry. Every team had a road color, and a home white. We had a road color, and a home color. Only later did we add a home white, our Sunday best.
Even our announcer, Chick Hearn. The best.

Best owner, best coaches, best players, best announcer.

Standard of excellence.

The L.A. Lakers.
Did you write this yourself? :lol: this sounded epic I won't lie

I didn't answer the question because I knew CP and Ska were going to respond with epic answers.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Everything those fellas said.

Win or Lose. Lakers for Life. :nthat:

Last edited:
Win or Lose. Lakers for Life. 
This is kinda what I don't get tho...... IMO that's just such a cop out thing to say, because like CP and SKA both said, all you guys do is win.

Win or lose? When do yall ever lose. Hell even when you guys lose, you guys win, like right now just having a Dwight Howard in his prime age and an HOF pg, that is a win. And its like Lakers fans have to convince themselves they're losing 
laugh.gif

I actually hear alot of this most of the time, especially from Lakers fan from outside of LA, but to me its just such a cushy, nerfy way of fanhood 
laugh.gif

And I'm not holding it against any of yall since most of you guys are Lakers fans by way of heritage (2nd uncle is from LA, etc) or by way of civic pride (actually being from LA, Socal) so I understand all this. Especially the civic pride thing, which is why I'm clinging on to the Kings so tightly and aren't the diehard Niners or Giants fan everybody seems to be, because Sacramento is not a part of the Bay Area whatsoever.

If I was a fan of any team not from around me or don't have a connection to, it would just be tough for me to find that pride and be a die hard fan of anything else, without feeling like a bandwagoner.

smush parker or chucky cheese atkins on ur team aint winning but during that time i still watched errr game

smush parker or chucky cheese atkins on ur team aint winning but during that time i still watched errr game
That is true, Lakers fans bring that up to me all the time. But seriously, look at how god awful that team was and Phil Jackson and Kobe still lead that team into the playoffs 
laugh.gif
 while in a clear rebuilding stage. Like when does that ever happen 
laugh.gif

This is kinda what I don't get tho...... IMO that's just such a cop out thing to say, because like CP and SKA both said, all you guys do is win.

Win or lose? When do yall ever lose. Hell even when you guys lose, you guys win, like right now just having a Dwight Howard in his prime age and an HOF pg, that is a win. And its like Lakers fans have to convince themselves they're losing 
laugh.gif

I actually hear alot of this most of the time, especially from Lakers fan from outside of LA, but to me its just such a cushy, nerfy way of fanhood 
laugh.gif

And I'm not holding it against any of yall since most of you guys are Lakers fans by way of heritage (2nd uncle is from LA, etc) or by way of civic pride (actually being from LA, Socal) so I understand all this. Especially the civic pride thing, which is why I'm clinging on to the Kings so tightly and aren't the diehard Niners or Giants fan everybody seems to be, because Sacramento is not a part of the Bay Area whatsoever.

If I was a fan of any team not from around me or don't have a connection to, it would just be tough for me to find that pride and be a die hard fan of anything else, without feeling like a bandwagoner.

You don't read?

When do we lose? I said 16 titles, 63+ seasons. That's a lot of losing.

We've lost the last 2 years, and I'm getting close to ripping somebodies throat out.

We lose all the time. We just win more than others. But it's not enough. It will never be enough.

We could 10-peat, and I would be fuming when we lost on the 11th try. Swear on everything.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Not sure if serious.

Copout?
All i meant was whether we win a championship or not, I'm going to be a Laker fan for life.
I'm not "excusing" us from losing...like CP said, we expect greatness.
But i'm not going to jump ship and become a OKC fan just because we stopped winning championships.
Can't win every year, even though we expect/want to.
Fan for Life.
Kapeesh?

Last edited:

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

You don't read?

When do we lose? I said 16 titles, 63+ seasons. That's a lot of losing.

We've lost the last 2 years, and I'm getting close to ripping somebodies throat out.

We lose all the time. We just win more than others. But it's not enough. It will never be enough.

We could 10-peat, and I would be fuming when we lost on the 11th try. Swear on everything.
Is it fair to say, the Lakers winning is the not the same as the other 29 teams in the National Basketball Association?? aka yall's excellence 

Actually, thats exactly what I mean. You guys have to convince yourselves that you lose. 16 titles in 63 seasons, lots of losing? Oh no

doesnt matter if you are from LA or not

you can follow the franchise
Expound on this please. I've never understood this, serious.
theres nothing to understand, its just something to accept. a lot of people follow their local teams and thats fine because it is a choice. its their choice. others like to follow non local teams and that should be fine too.

if i told you i was from cali and i follow the timberwolves, you would just probably wonder wth?

i think people look at laker fans who are not from LA in a different light because of the past and how they are constant contenders throughout the years with very short down years.

with that said...you could still follow the team in seattle :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom