Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My two favorite memories of all time for me as a Laker fan (Born 86) was Robert Horry's three against the Kings and Ron Artest's three against the Celtics.

I swear when Horry hit that 3 I hit my head on the ceiling, best feeling ever.

Worst feeling is constantly losing to those ******g Jazz, and the year we got beat by the Piston's with GP and Karl Malone. Those hurt til this day...

Best feeling for me was the Lakers comeback against the Blazer in 00 playoff and then Shaq and Kobe won their first ring against the Pacers. It was summer and i was playing Half Life 1 on PC while watching the Finals at the same time :smokin

Second best is the Horry 3 against the Kings in 02. The game that finished the Kings.

Third is the last couple minutes of game 7 against Celtic in 10.

Worst feeling is when we were up 2 games against Phoenix in 06 and then lost 3 straight after that.

Most unforgettable moment for me was
Kobe's gamewinner vs the suns to put the Lakers up a 3-1 series lead. I went crazy that day :lol:

Too bad we lost that series though :smh:

Anyway, I am not sure if already posted but, is D'antoni planning to start Pau come playoffs time?

Best for me was Game 7 2010.....

Ugly game.. But the result of it, I can pretty much account for every minute of that night, and how I felt the next day :pimp:

"I GOT WHEATTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" - The Artest formerly known as Ron

0618-ron-artest-tmz-credit.jpg

Not the greatest song, but still Ron :pimp:

Last edited:
My most unforgettable moment was 2004 I believe, last game of the season to win the pacific division. Portland vs LA in Portland.

Kobe hits two absolutely unbelievable shots.

I was hype at school trying those shots forever :rofl:

STILL MAD we lost to detroit that year.

Also Kobe's GW vs Phoenix in the playoffs to put us up 3-1. I literally ran out of the house screaming when he hit that shot :smokin
Outside my house, with the drive way court, mimicked every single move about that play, from the luke walton jumpball to kobe's shot :lol:
Miss being a kid.

Memories man.

When Kobe retires :frown:

The standard of basketball.

We have 1 less title than Boston, they merely cornered the market when there were 10 teams and no free agency.
Yet year in, year out for 63+ years, we stay in the hunt. 31-32 trips to the finals, being in at least one in EVERY decade, never missing the playoffs in 3 straight years. We are the standard.

Our jerseys that hang, not like any other team. Greats of the great.

Even our laundry. Every team had a road color, and a home white. We had a road color, and a home color. Only later did we add a home white, our Sunday best.
Even our announcer, Chick Hearn. The best.

Best owner, best coaches, best players, best announcer.

Standard of excellence.

The L.A. Lakers.

Boston stilln has 1 more though.
And haters be sayin the ones in Minneopolis dont count. So we actually about 6 behind Boston.

The 81 pt game is probably my fav memory bcuz of everything that was going on. I was in high school n everybody in my class turned their back on bean. The old "he wont win without shaq" and "hes a rapist I can't respect him". Everyday during bball talk they tried to clown me for being a laker fan. I remember walking in class the next day with my haters gon hate walk smiling with my #8 gold home jersey on. That was the turning point and after that year people started hopping on the wagon again

O yeah the worse feeling was the series against detroit smh. Being a laker fan in detroit at that time

I think for me the Horry shot was the best moment because I live in the Bay Area, I was born in SD and moved to San Francisco when I was 10, by then my Laker fanhood was full blown. So all the Warrior fans and Sacramento fans became just insane Laker Haters. I never really hate on the Warriors, but I despise the Kings. I hated them so much, from Lawrence Thunderburke, to Doug Christie, to Bobby Jackson, and especially Mike Bibby.

When the Lakers won that series, game 7 in Arco I believe, I just knew we were going to win it that year, most satisfying feeling ever...

I was at Staples Center for both the Game 4 2002 WCF Robert Horry game winning shot against the Kings and I also was at Staples when Kobe hit the game winner against the Suns in the 2006 1st round.

Boston stilln has 1 more though.
And haters be sayin the ones in Minneopolis dont count. So we actually about 6 behind Boston.

Kept the team name going from MPLS to LA.. Still count...

Now if they went from Lakers to some other name then they don't count.

You need some optimism in your life.

Last edited:
every expectation that this team has is reflected in Kobe, this is why hes going to be greatly missed when he retires. I cant c any other player in the league right now being able to promise a playoff appearance in the funk the lakers were in pre all star week. he is excellence, hard work and dedication in bodily form. he is clutch. im pumped!!! hahaha you guys write some good stuff

This team....I think I lost a couple of years of my life because of this team.

Game 7 against the Celtics in 2010...man unforgettable. People crying say that they didn't have Perkins and that's the reason why tLakers won....

Lets rewind back to 2008, if we had Bynum come back healthy during the playoffs and Ariza from injury...could have been a 3-peat. But lets not degrade ourselves like the folks crying about Perkins missing that game 7...

every expectation that this team has is reflected in Kobe, this is why hes going to be greatly missed when he retires. I cant c any other player in the league right now being able to promise a playoff appearance in the funk the lakers were in pre all star week. he is excellence, hard work and dedication in bodily form. he is clutch. im pumped!!! hahaha you guys write some good stuff

The LA residents and Lakers fans who hate Kobe are just simply idiots. They don't know what they got. Like John Ireland on ESPN 710 said many times- Kobe is one of the most under appreciate superstar in the league.

The LA residents and Lakers fans who hate Kobe are just simply idiots. They don't know what they got. Like John Ireland on ESPN 710 said many times- Kobe is one of the most under appreciate superstar in the league.
Exactly , the Lakers wouldn't be anything without Kobe Bryant . If it weren't for Kobe I feel like the rings tht the Lakers have won since 2000 would be non existent . You can't be a Laker fan and not love and appriciate Kobe if you don't then your not a Laker fan . If you live in LA and don't respect Kobe for him being one of the best players ever to play the game then respect him for his love for basketball and hard work ethic and if you don't respect him for tht then your an immigrant .

Last edited:
I'm a Laker fan not from LA...not even from the US at that...so i figure i'd chime in with some of my perspective.

I became a Laker fan in 94 because of Eddie Jones. He's my favorite player. I was 8 years old. Picked number 25 and eventually 6 when I played on bball teams.

As a young'n, i was even a bit pissed off at Kobe because i felt like he was taking Kobe's shine. EJ was eventually traded and i was sad. I followed his career...and wanted his teams to succeed...but even then, i just always kept coming back to the Lakers. There's just a different aura with the franchise. Event as a young'n and they weren't winning championships...you could feel that there was just something special with the team.

Then PJ came, Shaq matured, Kobe was growing into his own and then Boom. Three Peat. We all know how the rest of it played out.

But throughout the years, ever since i started following the Lakers, one word that always resonated with me was Excellence.

I don't know why...maybe when i was a kid, wathcing them play in those gold jerseys...gold = success. I don't know...but you just get that feel.

Fast forward to today....still a laker fan...hard to follow sometimes being on the other side of the world (australia)...but best believe, every single game, i'll be trying to catch a stream, or follow it on gamecast. My world seems to stop for Lakers games. I can't concentrate at work when it's on. When i'm out, i'm always checking the phone for score/twitter updates.

Losing, specially in the playoffs, ruins my entire day. Wins, however, brightens up my mood. Even if i'm having a ****** day.

Championships??? Now THAT'S wassup :smokin

Last edited:
[quote name="travis"][quote name="ACBboyz84"]Lakers fans who hate Kobe are just simply idiots.[/quote]You can't be a Laker fan and not love and appriciate Kobe if you don't then your not a Laker fan[/quote]

Bless your hearts.

Back
Top Bottom