Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Like it or not Metta, Pau, or D12 wont be here next season

Go sit down.

Even in your wildest scenario where Dwight leaves (still very unlikely)....

That means that we now have $18million we were not spending on Dwight... So we are now going to drop Pau as well...

Think about it for a second..

Last edited:
The TV Deal with Time Warner covers the crazy luxury tax the Lakers are paying.

That's not even factoring in their other sources of income with tickets sales, merchandise & apparel sales, etc.

The Lakers for the longest time their plan has been to have all of those expiring contracts after next season during the summer of 2014 & 2015 when Kobe is retired, Pau's contract is up, Blake & Metta's contract are up.

I don't expect Pau to be amnestied this summer and he will be used as trade bait for someone like Kevin Love or they will just let his contract expire. Metta though most likely will opt out this summer or they will amnesty him.

Last edited:
watching this game 4 replay on NBATV...

it's funny when these cats say things like "Shaq carried Kobe to those 3 rings". :lol:

Frobe with the clutch play in OT :pimp:

Lakers would be dumb as **** if they amnesty Pau. The Lakers have never been about salary dumping, he could be worth way more in a trade or he can just play out his last year and then he comes clear off the books.

What the Lakers should do is hope Metta Opts out and sign him for a lesser value, i'm the biggest Blake fan, but you can amnesty him and bring in another back up, cut ties with Duhon, Morris, and Ebanks.

You then get

Nash, Roster Spot
Kobe, Meeks, Roster Spot
Metta, Clark
Pau, Hill
Dwight, Sacre

Fill in a back up point guard and another 3 or 4 that hustles and plays defense and i'm good to go.

There have been several salary dumps over the years:

Traded Mihm to the Grizzlies
Traded Radmanovic to the Bobcats...netted Shannon, but initially was viewed as a salary dump
Sold the draft pick that became Toney Douglas
Traded Machine to the Nets

Last edited:
There have been several salary dumps over the years:

Traded Mihm to the Grizzlies
Traded Radmanovic to the Bobcats...netted Shannon, but initially was viewed as a salary dump
Sold the draft pick that became Toney Douglas
Traded Machine to the Nets

None of those guys are the caliber of a Pau Gasol, they want to go salary dump Blake or Metta then go for it.

Salary dumping Mihm is basically the equivalent of salary dumping Jamison at this point.

Last edited:
I'm just saying.

Plus, the organization has been hardliners in negotiations with Phil, Bynum, LO, Ariza and Fish lately too.

Go sit down.

Even in your wildest scenario where Dwight leaves (still very unlikely)....

That means that we now have $18million we were not spending on Dwight... So we are now going to drop Pau as well...

Think about it for a second..

Go sit down??

There is nothing that you said that disproves my statement...That $18 million you speak of only comes about if
hmmm.....if D12 is GONE. If (When) D12 resigns either Metta or Pau is gone.

Think about it...

Go sit down??

There is nothing that you said that disproves my statement...That $18 million you speak of only comes about if
hmmm.....if D12 is GONE. If (When) D12 resigns either Metta or Pau is gone.

Think about it...

Nope.
We have Dwights bird rights. So we can keep everyone already on our roster.

I'm not amnesty Metta nor Pau unless it's an absolute must.

That Time Warner cable deal though :pimp:. We got the cash and NBA players love cash and LA weather.

Back
Top Bottom