Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not at all, I'm supremely confident that if we get in and SA is sitting at no. 1, we make it to the WCF and then it's a toss up. Just being realistic about the matchup which the playoffs are all about. OKC is a nightmare one for us despite not having Harden. No one to guard KD, Westbrook eating Nash alive, Thabo doing his work on Kobe, and Dwight being able to be single covered by Perk. They're younger, faster which has been our Achilles all season. Add to that no Ron to at least make KD work, no Jordan Hill to get those hustle plays and bring energy off the bench and it's a very tall order to say the least.

Preview to the corrected jersey up in the practice facility.

No one team is insurmountable. SAS and OKC are really good teams, both of them.

The pro's of playing a team like OKC would be the coaching matchup wouldn't be that much of a blow out. Both coaches aren't good, can you imagine Pop ******g with D'antoni?

Whatever, y'all acting like its a forgone conclusion we in the playoffs, let's get there first, then we can ***** about first round matchups later.

Go Lakers! Must WIN!

Both coaches matchups aren't that good? Hell, Scotty Brooks outclassed Popovich last year. Brooks is a bad coach, but having a really really good team neutralizes most of that so when he made those minor adjustments, OKC ran SA off the floor. But I agree, for all we know, OKC could be playing Utah first round...

If anything I would think dwight resigning would extend kobes career...

especially if he can begin to shoulder the load on offense like Drew was able to do for us last year

Both coaches matchups aren't that good? Hell, Scotty Brooks outclassed Popovich last year. Brooks is a bad coach, but having a really really good team neutralizes most of that so when he made those minor adjustments, OKC ran SA off the floor. But I agree, for all we know, OKC could be playing Utah first round...

Good point about Brooks beating Pop last year.

It is what it is, let's just get in and then we one of 16 teams fighting for the same thing. However, we the biggest competitor on our team in Kobe and we have people who have been there with Pau, and we got someone hopefully healthy and hungry in Nash and finally we got one of the biggest X-Factors in Dwight Howard. If he would just go on a tear for a few weeks we could go deep.

By the same token, we can all suck like we have for the better part of this year and get knocked out in 5. I wouldn't be surprised by anything after this crazy year.

Good point about Brooks beating Pop last year.

It is what it is, let's just get in and then we one of 16 teams fighting for the same thing. However, we the biggest competitor on our team in Kobe and we have people who have been there with Pau, and we got someone hopefully healthy and hungry in Nash and finally we got one of the biggest X-Factors in Dwight Howard. If he would just go on a tear for a few weeks we could go deep.

By the same token, we can all suck like we have for the better part of this year and get knocked out in 5. I wouldn't be surprised by anything after this crazy year.

Brooks would outclass and destroy Mike D'Antoni's lack of adjustments. :lol: Kobe would be playing all 48 minutes and burn him out for the rest of the series. Hell, he's already killing his legs by playing him so many minutes just to get to the postseason. Damn, but Utah is playing good ball right now. Hopefully, we can keep up with the Grizz tonight.

The perfect scenario for the next season would be bringing Phil back for one year and send him off along with Kobe a farewell championship run. But we can hope but it's hopeless.

As far as tonight, the Grizz have been struggling on the road and we're 4-1 in our last 5 home games. I gotta think we pull it out tonight.

Damn look like San Antonio is willing to give up the #1 seed to heal..

Damnit I didn't want OKC to be #1 seed..

Last edited:
The way we struggle to beat weak teams, facing a SOLID Memphis team, without Nash, doesn't make me feel special. Hope I'm wrong.

Lettuce be cereal, even at full strength which we won't be when the playoffs start, we'd struggle mightly against OKC, sure we'd maybe have to face them eventually, but I'd rather do it later than early. Only chance we'd have is if our mole D. Fish does his damn job this time.

This. For some reason it's nearly impossible to win at the Chessepeak arena. We're not getting past OKC unless we can steal at least 2 games over there.

But OKC don't really want us neither. They rather have Houston or the Jazz imo.

would the Kings beating the Mavs do anything for the Lakers tonight :nerd: :nerd:

This. For some reason it's nearly impossible to win at the Chessepeak arena. We're not getting past OKC unless we can steal at least 2 games over there.

But OKC don't really want us neither. They rather have Houston or the Jazz imo.

Are you kidding me? OKC would love to play us. Westbrook is ready to smoke Nash and Blake. :smh:

The way we struggle to beat weak teams, facing a SOLID Memphis team, without Nash, doesn't make me feel special. Hope I'm wrong.

Nash tend to get eaten alive by good point guards anyway. He can't guard anyone anymore.

At least Blake or Duhon can move laterally better than Nash

would the Kings beating the Mavs do anything for the Lakers tonight :nerd: :nerd:

Basically it'd end any hopes of them making the playoffs so yes. Not really worried about them at this point though, we need to keep winning and Utah and now looking like HOU to do keep losing :smh:

Last edited:
It better be magic kobe and not kobe jordan tonight. Prince n allen gonna put the clamps on him. If your being real honestly we lose tonight easily. And the jazz bounce back and win. Nash should just retire if nagging injuries are going to keep him out. Either that or back to the suns where the miracle doctors r him n grant hill

Lakers lose BIG tonight to ruin any chance of making the playoffs.

Funny thing is that even if Lakers don't make playoffs they will be talk of the NBA with free agency etc.

Back
Top Bottom