Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gotta get at least 1/2 from minnesota
ohwell.gif

Not to mention Pau was responsible for how many of Dwight's points? Looked like at least half.

Been saying it all year, give Pau the damn ball and good things happen. Ya'll know damn well Dwight wasn't getting buckets in the final 5 mins of the game without Pau.

3 - 0 must be had at home. all in.
go timberwolves

The Spaniard has been BALLING lately and looking like the Pau that came to us in 2008.

Offensively? Most Definitely

Defensively? Absolutely Not

There's two sides of the ball..

But you're right he has been a great spark plug for us on offense.

man it's crazy to watch the evolution of kobe's game...

from KB8 to KB24 to old KB24 to PointGodKB24 to how he has been playing recently...

i might stop watching NBA ball after he retires 
mean.gif

THE TRUTH is this THIS:

Pau's game & Stats have dropped the past 2 years because of these 2 MAIN REASONS:

- Dumb *** coaches (Pringles & Mr. Potato Head) who's offensive system's are DUMB and didn't utilize Pau's game.Seriously who the HELL except for D'Antoni & Pringles uses Pau in offensive systems where they have him sitting on the perimeter and jacking up 3's :smh: :smh: :rolleyes
-Injuries & age have caught up to him.

Last edited:
THE TRUTH is this THIS:

Pau's game & Stats have dropped the past 2 years because of these 2 MAIN REASONS:

- Dumb *** coaches (Pringles & Mr. Potato Head) who's offensive system's are DUMB and didn't utilize Pau's game.Seriously who the HELL except for D'Antoni & Pringles uses Pau in offensive systems where they have him sitting on the perimeter and jacking up 3's :smh: :smh: :rolleyes
-Injuries & age have caught up to him.

100% true

Last time we saw this was 2011, and he got burned out by the end.

Offensively? Most Definitely

Defensively? Absolutely Not

There's two sides of the ball..

But you're right he has been a great spark plug for us on offense.

Seriously Pau NEVER in his career has been known as defensive big man.People expect him to play some defense.Which is fair.

But lets be REAL here.Even in the championship runs with him Bynum when he was healthy was always the last line of defense and shot blocker.When Bynum was out injured it was Odom who made more defensive plays than Pau.

Now with Dwight it's the same thing again.People & especially Pringles isn't going to change how he plays Dwight & Pau on defensive when he knows Dwight is 3 time DPOY.

47 Pts, 8 Reb, 5 Ast, 3 Stl, 4 Blk all in the 2nd game of a back to back :x

our defense down the stretch was atrocious though we got lucky the Blazers missed so many open looks

Playoff picture:

Lakers

Friday vs. GSW (GSW on a back-to-back, play OKC on Thursday)
Sunday vs. SA
Wednesday vs. Houston

Jazz

Friday vs. TWolves
Monday @TWolves
Wednesday @Grizzles

If Lakers go 3-0.. Doesn't matter Jazz are out
If Lakers go 2-1.. Jazz need to go 3-0
If Lakers go 1-2.. Jazz need to go 2-1
If Lakers lose all 3.. Jazz need to go 1-2

Last edited:
But D'Antoni has placed Pau in opportunities to succeed these past two weeks, but will be given little to no credit for it.

Yeah, credit where credit is due. I've noticed some interesting sets, like the ones where he just completely draws Dwight out of bounds to give Pau the entire paint, one where Dwight and Pau both set high screens with Kobe in the middle, and the usual where Pau receives it on the high elbow and looks for Dwight. These have made the pair mesh very well in the games that Pau's been back.

Then again this is D'Antoni, who was about to use Pau solely as Dwight's backup. So I guess it evens out?

Seriously Pau NEVER in his career has been known as defensive big man.People expect him to play some defense.Which is fair.

But lets be REAL here.Even in the championship runs with him Bynum when he was healthy was always the last line of defense and shot blocker.When Bynum was out injured it was Odom who made more defensive plays than Pau.

I was like where's this talk about Pau regaining his defensive form coming from? :lol: He can block shots and play solid D, but he's never been a good or consistent defender...

But D'Antoni has placed Pau in opportunities to succeed these past two weeks, but will be given little to no credit for it.

He DESERVES ZERO credit because Pringles DUMB *** should have been running these offensive plays & sets for Pau right when he became the coach for the Lakers.

It shouldn't have taken 10 to 15 games and then have a lunch somewhere in Socal where Pringles admitted he wasn't using Pau right.

:smh: :smh:

That's why Pringles is HATED by so many TRUE Laker fans.

Mike Potato Head Brown was even worse and tried using Pau how Pops in San Antonio used Tim Duncan.

:smh: :smh:

I GUARANTEE you that if Phil was brought back his first order of business would have been to get Pau playing like he is right now and would have long ago figured out how to use Dwight & Pau to play and compliment each other game so well like they are clicking right now.

Last edited:
Of course it should also be pointed out Pau is moving much better than he was in November and December.

Now with Dwight it's the same thing again.People & especially Pringles isn't going to change how he plays Dwight & Pau on defensive when he knows Dwight is 3 time DPOY.

Exactly. Pau's never been the best defender, but it should not matter.

Just feed him the ball in the post instead of wasting it on Dwight in the post. Once Pau gets the ball, he can score then get doubled teamed - AND THEN Dwight can his points. This is what should have been happening game one.

first and foremost i'd like to thank my lord & savior, kobe bryant

1st back2back :smokin

lets get these last home games and steam roll into that 1st round....ready for whoever, OKC can be beat too.

'11-12 OKC > '12-13

Im in.

amen.

first and foremost i'd like to thank my lord & savior, kobe bryant

1st back2back :smokin

lets get these last home games and steam roll into that 1st round....ready for whoever, OKC can be beat too.

'11-12 OKC > '12-13

Im in.

amen.

I'm hoping you're right.But okc just seem to destroy us every damn time we play.

Thabo plays great d on Bryant too.

Kobe woulda cooked anyone on that spurs roster

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom