Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Remember it.

I do.

I will never forget the day I heard the news. I was gardening outside at my dad's house.

"blah, blah, blah, blah... Magic Johnson... blah, blah, blah... HIV positive... blah, blah, blah."

*dropped rake, ran inside*

"I have acquired... The HIV virus."

My world... STOPPED. "But... so then... I mean... he can't... no more... NO MORE... NOOOO MOOOORREEE?"

I feel y'all.

I remember that day too my friend. One of the worst days of my life.

Laker life will go on tho. We will be back. On my life, we will be back.

Man such a HORRIBLE way to start my 3 day weekend.

Leading up to my birthday next Monday :smh:

Last edited:
Timetable is 8-12 months...

If it's a torn Achilles, Kobe will get surgery ASAP.. He will because he'd want to come back..

We know he heels differently and how much his work ethic helps him..

I'd say he'd have an outside chance of opening night.. But probably comes back by Thanksgiving that's 7-1/2 months

We've been saying it for a while. Dwight was brought in to carry the torch after Kobe leaves. We didn't see it happening this way, but after letting my tears out and thinking it through. This is it for Dwight. This is the reason why we brought him here, its now time to see what Dwight has.

we have two of the best big men in the game but 2 of the worst point guards assigned to give them that ball the last two games.

nash should give back most of his salary. son never plays :smh:

Timetable is 8-12 months...

If it's a torn Achilles, Kobe will get surgery ASAP.. He will because he'd want to come back..

We know he heels differently and how much his work ethic helps him..

I'd say he'd have an outside chance of opening night.. But probably comes back by Thanksgiving that's 7-1/2 months

no need to rush things
it could potentially lead to him coming back prematurely

if he is 100% then yes but at his age... I don't expect fast healing

a year off might do him good

I expect this Lakers team to play some inspired basketball the rest of the season and into the playoffs.

Just hurts knowing that the man responsible for getting us into the playoffs won't be able to join :frown:

Last edited:
I'm not gonna get all emotional over this because **** happens. What bothers me is the amount of hate Kobe gets. You don't have to like the team or him but damn people really do just hate Kobe. Being happy at another man's injury is pathetic. If this happened to Lebron, I gurantee the reception would be much different. 
I hate the Lakers, and by association Kobe too, and I am bummed Kobe got injured like this 
tired.gif

and honestly, the general reception is sadness and support for Kobe.... I haven't seen anyone 'celebrate' his injury

Last edited by a moderator:
got teary eye watching that interview. i will never forget this day. feels bad guys, feels bad.

I hate the Lakers, and by association Kobe too, and I am bummed Kobe got injured like this 
tired.gif

and honestly, the general reception is sadness and support for Kobe.... I haven't seen anyone 'celebrate' his injury
Go to espn.com 

lets say kobe is out for a year. I wonder how that will change dwight mind.. also would lakers amnesty kobe to hope to sign a good player or just keep to the "lebron plan/'

lets say kobe is out for a year. I wonder how that will change dwight mind.. also would lakers amnesty kobe to hope to sign a good player or just keep to the "lebron plan/'

real talk.

he is owed 30 mill next year. i think the lakers will amnesty him.

Damn. My dude Kobe went down.

I was looking forward to him passing MJ on the scoring list in the upcoming season(s). Now might not happen =/

If there is anything that I have learned from message boards, and especially NikeTalk, is that it's always an over-exxageration. It's a knee jerk reaction able to be put out there without thought.

To say he "will never be the same" or "hate to see him hang it up like this" is ludicrous. Who are you to say that?

It happened. Kobe is not God. It just goes to show, that as mighty as he is, as sure and strong willed as he was to make the playoffs, he's still human under greater control. I share the same utmost respect for his work ethic, it's second to none, but him as a person hasn't been the greatest. He's widely known as one of the most self absorbed and egotistical celebrities there is. And i'm sure that has leaked out into other areas affecting a lot of other peoples lives. You can only fly high for so long, till you are literally brought down to your knees, to show you what you really are.

Fact is, Kobe needed this. Take his power away. That he can't defeat every injury. This should help him mature and come back a better player and person. He's going to go through some real dark lows in this process, and he is definitely vulnerable as reflected by his tears.

But to all these people to say your life is over. you are crying. you are numb. get a grip, honestly. If you put that much stock of your own life into someone who doesn't know you exist, you have bigger problems to worry about.

He will be missed until he comes back, indefinitely sooner than should, but he needed this.

Back
Top Bottom