Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Next year Reference... Nash shouldn't go over 26 mins... Kobe shouldn't go over 35... Pau shouldn't go over 30

Game exceptions apply but average wise
I'll go at least 30 for Nash. His defense is trash, but we'll need him as a playmaker. 

I don't understand why Pringles benched Metta down the stretch in the 4th & OT with the game on the line.

When Meeks is a defensive liability :rolleyes :smh:

I know you all hate Meeks, but I thought Metta was terrible last night. When he was in the game, the offense stopped flowing and his defense wasn't that great either. I was so relieved when Jamison replaced him.

Last edited:
What's everyone's feeling about Darrius Morris, once Nash comes back?

I think he's that PG that's able to defend decently against much quicker point guards. Obviously when Nash comes back, his minutes might diminish or gone.

I'm hoping MDA gives him some burn or atleast plays Morris in stretches. His defense has been pretty decent the past 2 games.

Last edited:
I'm not confident in Nash returning, let alone playing more than 30 minutes. With that said, if he were to return I would expect to see Nash, Meeks and Blake soaking up a majority of the backcourt minutes. Maybe Morris gets 7-10 minutes if Nash is limited.

Last edited:
Just curious.

What's the argument against bringing D'Antoni back next season? (Besides the fact that he's not Phil)

Just curious.

What's the argument against bringing D'Antoni back next season? (Besides the fact that he's not Phil)
There is no argument. The coach and team just didn't have time to gel. He understands he did wrong in benching Pau, he knows his defense is ****, and people blame him for Kobe's injury. Keeping D'Antoni compared to looking for another coach to go through it all over again is the better decision.

Last edited:
Just curious.

Isn't one. He'll get a look (from me especially) here in these playoffs to see what he can do. Not that he MUST take down a 2 seed, but can we compete, adjust etc? As of right now, I think we can. Our team has been fighting for 3 months now. And it's showing out there now. And to add to that, he IS adjusting. Pau clearly represents that.

Something small I noticed last night, I thought it was odd at first, like why.....what.....why would we have Meeks down on the line for free throws when Dwight is shooting? Pau on one side, and there's Meeks. I was like what the hell would we have him down there for, with DWIGHT shooting (and likely missing) free throws. Jamison is right there, he should take the spot, what're you doing??????
Dwight shoots, and Jamison comes streaking down the lane. Meeks is there only to occupy the spot and the body blocking out, but Jamison gets a run down the lane, and when Dwight misses, it's usually long. In this instance, Dwight made the free throw, but that was a very very smart play. Something I know we wouldn't see last year, unless it was just Kobe acting on his own. This was a planned play, and I liked seeing that kind of move.

Something I read today. Entire year, ENTIRE, year. Nash, Pau, Dwight on the floor, together, without Kobe. All year, the WHOLE season.......

Five, minutes. :stoneface:

Man, what? :lol: It's been that kind of year injury wise, MDA can't be faulted for that stuff. He gets this run, gets an offseason, gets a training camp, we go from there. Maybe we come out better early next year, and don't have to run the team into the dirt by May.

But first of all, let's go get this series and see what we can do. :pimp:

Just curious.

Isn't one. He'll get a look (from me especially) here in these playoffs to see what he can do. Not that he MUST take down a 2 seed, but can we compete, adjust etc? As of right now, I think we can. Our team has been fighting for 3 months now. And it's showing out there now. And to add to that, he IS adjusting. Pau clearly represents that.

Something small I noticed last night, I thought it was odd at first, like why.....what.....why would we have Meeks down on the line for free throws when Dwight is shooting? Pau on one side, and there's Meeks. I was like what the hell would we have him down there for, with DWIGHT shooting (and likely missing) free throws. Jamison is right there, he should take the spot, what're you doing??????
Dwight shoots, and Jamison comes streaking down the lane. Meeks is there only to occupy the spot and the body blocking out, but Jamison gets a run down the lane, and when Dwight misses, it's usually long. In this instance, Dwight made the free throw, but that was a very very smart play. Something I know we wouldn't see last year, unless it was just Kobe acting on his own. This was a planned play, and I liked seeing that kind of move.

Something I read today. Entire year, ENTIRE, year. Nash, Pau, Dwight on the floor, together, without Kobe. All year, the WHOLE season.......

Five, minutes.
:stoneface:

Man, what? :lol: It's been that kind of year injury wise, MDA can't be faulted for that stuff. He gets this run, gets an offseason, gets a training camp, we go from there. Maybe we come out better early next year, and don't have to run the team into the dirt by May.

But first of all, let's go get this series and see what we can do. :pimp:

Really???

Sheesh, didn't even realize that. I would say it's kinda hard to judge a coach when 3 his top 4 players have little to no chemistry on the floor due to separate injuries, not to mention no training camp to implement his system :nerd:

I think the problem with Lakers when kobe on the floor they try to either get him the ball or run plays too much. It needs to be more like these past 2 games when kobe does come back. If you got a shot take it. Especially Blake and Nash, they try to facilitate too much. kind of like how the heat first played, they were all scared to take their shots

When Nash comes back him and blake needs to take their shots

Last edited:
LOLakers again with D'Anphony at the helm. I'll voice my thoughts on that after this playoff run, but Pau is getting that trade stock back up :pimp:

I don't know if Mike Brown would have had this in his contract, but theres a thing called the double dip clause, where if the coach is let go, picks up another job, however much he's getting paid, will subtract whatthe Lakers would owe him.

Phil
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:

Serious dude?

Looks like he's just scratching the side of his nose after scratching his head. I can't believe someone made a stupid video of this. lol

EDIT: Wowzers, I missed the details! Oh man. :lol:

Last edited:
im dying at how stupid that video is
laugh.gif

the slow mo
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^ the title refers to the black dude in purple who looks like hes smelling jacks hair

Last edited:
the video was in regards to the dude in the back sniffin jack's hair. had me
roll.gif

D'Antoni sucks...
for the 100023432o423432nd time.

benching Jamison for 8 games when clearly the second unit couldn't score.
placing pau at the top of the key.
having a defense that 5th graders can score on...
it's frustrating to watch this freakin team.

steve blake and jodie meeks helping out on asik

leaving people open for three?

Dwight's there for the help D every freakin time, there's no reason to leave a SHOOTER wide open.

mismanagement of minutes.

Phil had a disciplined system, where every starter would have 28 minutes played with 8 minutes to go.
the player's knew their roles, knew their rotations, were use to playing with each other at specific times.

D'Antoni is starting to adjust to his player's strengths... not his 7 seconds or bust offense.
The lakers need to dominate the paint every game, they have no consistent shooters so they just need to bully the paint.
Dwight needs some sort of consistent hook shot from 7 feet and in, ala Shaq or Kareem.
His offense: dribble, spin, either stripped or brick.

We can do this.
#countonteam

Back
Top Bottom