Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanted Phil just like everyone else but damn D'Antoni is not a bad hire. People need to kill that ish. All I keep hearing from you guys is how he isn't a good defensive coach. Who on those Knicks and Suns teams were even capable defenders? He's never had any capable defenders. Here in LA, that will not be a problem. Our offense will be used properly now. Dwight and Nash should be ecstatic about this move. Kobe is always going to get buckets irregardless of the offense. Meeks,Metta, Blake and Jamison will see wide open shoots all night long. I'm anxious to see how this all works.

I'm done with this idiot Jim Buss.. I don't care what anybody says, hes the new al davis, he is the DEATH of the franchise..

I knew that wasnt adding up.. and i knew phil would sign.. but this idiot buss goes an hires another idiot..

Godammnit man..
:smh:

Phil wanted to be LA version of Pat Riley, full control.

Your team should be really fun to watch now. How many games they will

win is another story.

Just wait till he loses the players.. and when he gets fired phil wont even consider comin back

Jim buss done ruined the franchise.

I wanted Phil just like everyone else but damn D'Antoni is not a bad hire. People need to kill that ish. All I keep hearing from you guys is how he isn't a good defensive coach. Who on those Knicks and Suns teams were even capable defenders? He's never had any capable defenders. Here in LA, that will not be a problem. Our offense will be used properly now. Dwight and Nash should be ecstatic about this move. Kobe is always going to get buckets irregardless of the offense. Meeks,Metta, Blake and Jamison will see wide open shoots all night long. I'm anxious to see how this all works.

^^Truth.

List of Phil's demands
1. $15 million
2. Control of Personnel Decisions
3. Choice of coach after he leaves
4. Part Ownership
5. Ability to pick what games he coaches
:rofl:
Glad Dr. Buss wasn't a prisoner of the moment and made a SMART move

Smear campaign. Word to jeremy lin and the knicks.

Jim buss is your isiah. You lucky mitch is there

No, the lakers are not a run and gun style team. No one is.. steve nash might have won mvp's under d'antonj but he's getting older and kobe,pau,metta love to post up.. and dwight was never a runner.. to be honest I've never seen howard run a fastbreak..
So how would the lakers be able to do run and gun for 82 games and go deep into the playoffs??
Excellent point sir.
D'Antoni's system does not favor an older roster. It also fails to use the center position. I dont think this was a good move for L.A. As a NYK fan, Im excited.

Hahaha

Coming from a Knick fan who had to endure the tenure of Mike D'Antoni I'm shocked, astonished.

No doubt Steve Nash and Dwight are going to flourish with the pick and roll, but Kobe and Gasol are going to hate this. Kobe like Melo was a half-court player, ask Melo what happened. Not to mention the Defense is going to be atrocious. I can't believe you guys passed on Phil Jackson, Can't believe it.

All D'Antoni needs is to run a slightly slower tempo offense that relies more heavily on P&R than it did Fast Break...

Good Offense will boost player morale, which will see results on the other side.

Now there are players who are capable of playing defense on this team... We'll see if Offensive Production helps boost effort on Defense.. For some guys that's how it works, for others it's the opposite..

Last edited:
Excellent point sir.
D'Antoni's system does not favor an older roster. It also fails to use the center position. I dont think this was a good move for L.A. As a NYK fan, Im excited.
Fails to use the center position? What center has he had that he failed to use?

I'm pretty sure Kobe will end up running whatever offense he likes if he does not like D'antoni's offense. Choosing him over Phil is not a good look except if those demands are true.

I think Jim Buss may be in love with his sister.

Back
Top Bottom