Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No one can look at that list and say that those are reasonable conditions for the Lakers to accept.

You know... those are soo far out there, that I'm starting to think that Phil wasn't all that interested in coaching after all, and maybe just wanted to give us a kick while we were down for getting rid of him unceremoniously and essentially disavowing ourselves of his people and his philosophies.

how exactly do you know those demands are true? what because "sources" said so? or was it jerry being jerry and throwing phil under the bus with made up **** to make him look like a douche?

List of Phil's demands

1. $15 million
2. Control of Personnel Decisions
3. Choice of coach after he leaves
4. Part Ownership
5. Ability to pick what games he coaches

:rofl:

Glad Dr. Buss wasn't a prisoner of the moment and made a SMART move

1. 15 mil.. not the problem

2. Control of decisions would have been a bit much. This is where it is kind of vague. Control of decisions as in he does it all? I'd rather have Mitch keep his job. However, I don't see a problem with him having a final say in these decisions/ signing off before they're completed. Actually that makes perfect sense, he's the head coach. I wasn't at the meeting, so I don't know what exactly the terms were.

3. Not really sure what to make of this one. Maybe he didn't want another Mike Brown to take his place afterwards :lol: . Dude was planning on building a dynasty :pimp: .

4. just do it

5. Didn't we know this one for a while?

Imagine that second unit now with Morris running and gunning lol. Also imagine the green light MWP will have. Nothing but fade away threes. We are doooommmed

Last edited:
I'm sorry but those list of demands and all this other stuff coming out sounds like typical spin job from a professional sports franchise. They knew they were in a tough spot PR-wise if Phil didn't come through (fans chanting for a COACH to return...think about that for a sec). They knew there would be added pressure for Mike Brown's replacement because PJ's name got brought up and no other candidate would compare. I'm not saying all of it is false but the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

That **** sounds like the Jeremy Lin stories that magically popped up in the NY Post and other outlets once the Knicks made the decision not to match his contract.
laugh.gif

...it was only 2 days ago when someone from the organization leaked out that there was a "95% chance" Phil would return...and this was AFTER meeting him. I'm assuming Phil made clear at that time what he expected and so did Jim Buss. So "95%" and "Phil's job to lose" is now "he was asking for the moon"...huh?

I'm sure more will come out so we'll hear about what really went down. As of right now, that smells like damage control to me.

There's always 3 sides to a story, remember that.

Last edited:
and another thing we dont have shooters like that suns team had...

you musta not remembered what happend to carmello anthony last year under antoni

Wait...what happened? Mike 'Anotni brah? Time for a sig change.

List of Phil's demands
1. $15 million
2. Control of Personnel Decisions
3. Choice of coach after he leaves
4. Part Ownership
5. Ability to pick what games he coaches
:rofl:
Glad Dr. Buss wasn't a prisoner of the moment and made a SMART move

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

D'Antoni not even cleared to fly yet, not for a few more days. Lakers could've waited for Phil's answer. Clearly wanted Mike D
Collapse

Retweet
Favorite

Lakers say Phil's so-called demands were not the issue. They didn't wait for his answer on Monday.
Collapse

Retweet
Favorite

Sources on both sides (Lakers & Phil) say reports of his exorbitant demands were overblown. No reason for either to lie about that.

Lakers insist they chose D'Antoni over Phil. Say triangle offense similar to Princeton and would not have been good fit for roster.
Collapse

Retweet
Favorite

THIS is why i questioned the move.

we really just chose Mike D'antoni over Phil ******g Jackson :lol:
how can anyone defend this move

ramonashelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

Source says Phil Jackson was "stunned" when he was informed the Lakers had chosen D'Antoni. Had been told it was his job to turn down

Source tells ESPNLA that Phil Jackson was prepared to accept the Lakers job if negotiations went well with his agent on Mon

Once again, **** jim buss

Last edited:
and another thing we dont have shooters like that suns team had...
you musta not remembered what happend to carmello anthony last year under antoni

The Knicks played well when they had a capable point guard, Felton played great under Dantoni & Lin became a sensation. Lakers will be fine, they needed a coach who wouldn't get in the way with micromanagement.

Seriously can't even sleep after hearing this news :smh:

Try waking up to this mess...

I know we were spoiled with PJ so anything less is disappointing. I think we can win a lot of games while being entertaining, but I don't see us winning a championship. Mike is not a leader of men (like MB as well).

And if PJ wanted to be the next Pat Riley, I'd give him that.

So now the Lakers will average 110pts pg but give up 111+ :smh:... Not feeling this at all
D'Antoni a better fit........... *****!

again Jim Buss and his factory of great ideas, I wonder if it was his call or others also had a say in it

They say it was a unanimous decison between Jerry, Jim, & Kupchak. Dnt make much sense

Last edited:
D'Antoni not even cleared to fly yet, not for a few more days. Lakers could've waited for Phil's answer. Clearly wanted Mike D
Collapse
Retweet
Favorite
Lakers say Phil's so-called demands were not the issue. They didn't wait for his answer on Monday.
Collapse
Retweet
Favorite
Sources on both sides (Lakers & Phil) say reports of his exorbitant demands were overblown. No reason for either to lie about that.
Lakers insist they chose D'Antoni over Phil. Say triangle offense similar to Princeton and would not have been good fit for roster.
Collapse
Retweet
Favorite
THIS is why i questioned the move.
we really just chose Mike D'antoni over Phil ******g Jackson :lol:
how can anyone defend this move
Source says Phil Jackson was "stunned" when he was informed the Lakers had chosen D'Antoni. Had been told it was his job to turn down
Source tells ESPNLA that Phil Jackson was prepared to accept the Lakers job if negotiations went well with his agent on Mon
Once again, **** jim buss

lol look like team antoni's biggest excuse just got debunked

just horrible anyway you look at it. the guy cant even coach for a while and they sign him right away.

another 4 mill a year contract given out to a coach who will probably last less than a year.

good lord...

I dont think Phil had all those demands. He prolly wanted control over personnel tho. And we should be good with D'Antoni atleast copy respects him lol

not overly excited about d'antoni but i guess it the best fit cuz the triangle offense wouldnt work in favor of nash and dwightmare anyway but id much more prefer PJ than him. he wont be there for a few weeks due to having knee replacement surgery about a wekk ago tho....... so the interim coach will be coaching until he arrives :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom