Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A league source indicated late Sunday night that Jackson was "stunned" when the Lakers called to inform him they had chosen D'Antoni. He had been prepared to accept the job Monday if negotiations between his agent and the Lakers went well. Jackson's agent Todd Musberger had been scheduled to fly in to Los Angeles on Monday

Jackson and the Lakers had never spoken about a salary, the source said, "but he knew coaches don't make what he used to make anymore."

Jackson, the source said, never intended to miss any more road games than he had in his previous stints with the Lakers.

"Phil would come back only to win and skipping games doesn't lead to winning," the source said.

......#nothappy

This thread will mirror the Knicks thread from last year in no time...
laugh.gif

A league source indicated late Sunday night that Jackson was "stunned" when the Lakers called to inform him they had chosen D'Antoni. He had been prepared to accept the job Monday if negotiations between his agent and the Lakers went well. Jackson's agent Todd Musberger had been scheduled to fly in to Los Angeles on Monday
Jackson and the Lakers had never spoken about a salary, the source said, "but he knew coaches don't make what he used to make anymore."
Jackson, the source said, never intended to miss any more road games than he had in his previous stints with the Lakers.
"Phil would come back only to win and skipping games doesn't lead to winning," the source said.
......#nothappy

:x :smh:

i woke up to this S***

man w t f are the lakers doing?

triangle is similar to the princeton?? i rather have Phil's " princeton " than D'Antoni

Phil wanted to boss around Buss & Kupchak. He also wanted to miss multiple games.

Lakers said **** that noise.

Can't blame them, but I wanted to see the Zen coaching Kobe when he ties Jordan :smokin

I woke up to this **** and thought I was still asleep. So you go from one bad to coach to a coach that's even worse. Sounds like a good plan.

Well, we should be an exciting team to watch under D'Antoni....showtime LA is back?

Either Phil overplayed his hand, asking for all this stuff thinking he was in a position of power with the Lakers in panic mode, or, the Lakers/Buss never wanted Phil back in the first place. It's a combination of both. All I know is, Jackson can deal with stars and make it work. Mike and Melo couldn't get along. Lakers fans better hope Dwight warms up to Mike, or he might consider leaving, since Dwight is the most indecisive/sensitive player in the league. And considering thats who Dwight wanted. Can't wait to see how it turns out :lol:

Last edited:
Well, we should be an exciting team to watch under D'Antoni....showtime LA is back?

No, the lakers are not a run and gun style team. No one is.. steve nash might have won mvp's under d'antonj but he's getting older and kobe,pau,metta love to post up.. and dwight was never a runner.. to be honest I've never seen howard run a fastbreak..

So how would the lakers be able to do run and gun for 82 games and go deep into the playoffs??

I don't know if I'm buying Phil wanted all of those demands. Jim Buss probably tryna cover his *** for passing on Phil.

Anybody less than Phil unacceptable for this fan base. Once the Lakers have a 2 game losing streak team TFMD will be gunning for him. :lol:

Just keep winning games, that's all I care about at this point.

I woke up to this **** and thought I was still asleep. So you go from one bad to coach to a coach that's even worse. Sounds like a good plan.
my sentiments exactly...

would rather have mike brown around with no princeton...

silly decision is silly...damn i hate dantoni man...samn..

No, the lakers are not a run and gun style team. No one is.. steve nash might have won mvp's under d'antonj but he's getting older and kobe,pau,metta love to post up.. and dwight was never a runner.. to be honest I've never seen howard run a fastbreak..
So how would the lakers be able to do run and gun for 82 games and go deep into the playoffs??

That's an excellent point. I'll say this about D'Antoni...his offenses were never a problem anywhere he's been. Obviously how he handles a team as unique as our current squad remains to be seen. But another nice highlight is that he was one of the Olympic coaches this past summer so he should be comfortable with many different star egos and such. We'll see what Mike can do here in Los Angeles.

Basically the Opposite of Mike Brown, D'Antoni no Defense...ill respect the Move if the Lakers actually step they defense up under the D'Antoni System unlike the old Knicks

UNBELIEVABLE.

I think the next best move is to ship Pau and Duhon to ATL for Josh Smith and Devin Harris.

This way we can figure out how to guard the P&R and decrease Blake's minutes.

Back
Top Bottom