Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is some straight up dumb ish being posted by people in here right now. D'Antoni's offense does fit this team. Could we use some better shooters? Uh yeah but Howard and Nash will beast in his offense. We don't have to run and gun people. We can just run half court pick and roll all game long with the occasional iso plays for Kobe.

Mushroom-cloud-hb.jpg

so you think that this starting five would be great in an uptempo style of offense?

I think the problem lies in what you're defining as an "uptempo" style. You don't have to fast break up and down the court to be an uptempo offense. As the aforementioned article states, D'Antoni's offense is designed to get an open look within 7 seconds of a half court set. Pick and roll/pick and pop heaven, back door screens, flare outs, evenly spaced floor to attack from...yes, I think we have the personnel to execute that type of offense very well. Nash & Gasol/Howard on a PnR, with Pau's ability to hit a mid-range shot SHOULD be highly effective. We could use one more 3 pt. shooter, but this team can be a force in D'Antoni's system. Obviously, only time will tell, but I am optimistic.

The Buss Family became owners in 1979..... Celtics had 13 championships to Lakers 6.
Today it is 17-16.
Give all power to Phil :rollin

no, but 5 of them came from phil..and didnt pat riley have more responsibilities than just a regular head coach when he won 4?

besides, it is not mitch kupchak and jerry buss that i am worried about.. it's jim buss.. the same guy that decided to go away from anything that phil jackson did and chose mike brown over brian shaw..

No Pat didn't. You're thinking of his time with the Heat. Buss took a chance on Riley as coach

As for the break with Phil, Jim made the right choice then.. Stop crying that someone dare try to move on from Phil Jackson.. Did he make the wrong coaching hire in Brown? Hindsight says yes. But going entirely away from Phil's system was the right thing to do... Unless you think we should have continued to run the triangle in which Derek Fisher would still be your starting PG

Also STILL no proof that Phil Jackson could successfully run a franchise making personnel decisions

Last edited:
I hate pau. He is super soft and cant even post up a smaller players now. Would much rather have a tough, physical rebounding big who can hit the 20 footer (would kill for haslem)
:lol haslem can't hit that anymore. He's still a good rebounder, however.

Last edited:
I hate pau. He is super soft and cant even post up a smaller players now. Would much rather have a tough, physical rebounding big who can hit the 20 footer (would kill for haslem)
:lol haslem can't hit that anymore. He's still a good rebounder, however.

And even then... Still not a better rebounder than Pau.

Pau as soft as can be has always put up well above average rebounding numbers

Last edited:
No Pat didn't. You're thinking of his time with the Heat. Buss took a chance on Riley as coach
As for the break with Phil, Jim made the right choice then.. Stop crying that someone dare try to move on from Phil Jackson.. Did he make the wrong coaching hire in Brown? Hindsight says yes. But going entirely away from Phil's system was the right thing to do... Unless you think we should have continued to run the triangle in which Derek Fisher would still be your starting PG
Also STILL no proof that Phil Jackson could successfully run a franchise making personnel decisions
q

it wasnt hindsight, cause i said it when brown got hired, that it was a mistake..

I'm stunned and laughing that people actually think this is a good fit.

-I see the little Nash chart with DAntoni but that was YEARS ago. Nash is older and not the same player.
-LA doesn't have the youth, speed and shooting of Phoenix
-How many rings does he have? 0, because his system doesn't work.
-They're blowing up this "Phil didn't want to travel" BS. He asked to miss the same amount of games as he did his last tenure with LA which was a few. Some of y'all make it sound like he wants to skip every road game.

I watched him coach my Knicks and his firing was better than the day of my first born. Guy is a bum and should not be a head coach. I expect this team to put up a lot of points and win a good amount of games but come playoff time. I'm expecting them to get swept every year or win just one game.

Last edited:
I'm stunned and laughing that people actually think this is a good fit.
-I see the little Nash chart with DAntoni but that was YEARS ago. Nash is older and not the same player.
-LA doesn't have the youth, speed and shooting of Phoenix
-How many rings does he have? 0, because his system doesn't work.
-They're blowing up this "Phil didn't want to travel" BS. He asked to miss the same amount of games as he did his last tenure with LA which was a few. Some of y'all make it sound like he wants to skip every road game.
I watched him coach my Knicks and his firing was better than the day of my first born. Guy is a bum and should not be a head coach. I expect this team to put up a lot of points and win a good amount of games but come playoff time. I'm expecting them to get swept every year or win just one game.

It was a bad fit cause the whole knicks organization was trash during his stay there

Back
Top Bottom