Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Will you feel a little better if/when Mike hires a D Coordinator to run that aspect of the team? Worked for Doc in Boston, although I don't think we will get a Tibbs or someone close to him.

how about mike brown ?? :lol i mean hes still getting paid 4 mill. why the hell not? lol

A few excerpts from Woj's article that PMatic posted a while back

Jackson wanted to humiliate Lakers vice president Jim Buss far more than he wanted to coach the team. He wanted significant allowances on travel, coaching duties and an ability to veto player personnel moves that didn't fit his vision. With an unprecedented 11 coaching championships, Jackson had every right to make unprecedented demands. He doesn't have the right to be surprised when the Lakers rejected them and hired a pliable, cheaper coach in Mike D'Antoni.

"Phil wanted Jim Buss to walk away with his tail between his legs," one source with knowledge of the discussions told Yahoo! Sports. "He thought he had time to still negotiate with them, and see how much they would give him."

Now, the Lakers are going out of their way to spare Jackson the embarrassment of his overreaching, but this is pointless spin. They're working with him to sell the public that he hadn't asked for too much, that somehow the franchise chose D'Antoni over Jackson on sheer merit. It's noble, but laughable. Jackson heard those chants in the Staples Center and never believed the Lakers had the guts to call his bluff before circling back to him on Monday.

Jackson had his chance, and the strangest thing happened: The greatest coach in history overreached, misread the circumstances and had someone tell him "no" on Sunday night. The Lakers never picked Mike D'Antoni over Jackson. They picked him over desperation for Jackson. Maybe the Busses will regret the choice, but if Jackson truly wanted to coach again, no one will ever regret this more than him. These are still the Lakers, and nowhere else in basketball does this opportunity at this moment in time come along – even for Phil Jackson.

A very funny part
When Anthony grumbled to Bryant about D'Antoni's defensive acumen on a trip to Los Angeles before the coach's resignation in New York, one witness says Bryant shot back to Anthony – only half-kidding – that, seriously, when the hell have you ever played defense?

From John Ireland
the decision on D'Antoni was overwhelmingly from Jerry Buss.
“If you're down on this move, you're down on #JerryBuss. How many mistakes has he made?" -- John Ireland.

John Ireland: multiple players were consulted and are on board.

Last edited:
Will you feel a little better if/when Mike hires a D Coordinator to run that aspect of the team? Worked for Doc in Boston, although I don't think we will get a Tibbs or someone close to him.

how about mike brown ?? :lol i mean hes still getting paid 4 mill. why the hell not? lol

If it wouldn't be awkward.... :rollin

SVG called D'Antoni and insisted he kept Steve Clifford for Defense..

That's all I wanted to know...multiple players consulted (most likely kobe, dwight, nash) about hiring d'antoni...at least I hope is what really happened before making the announcement.

Dog, how did yall tolerate Troy Murphy last year?

He's starting to log heavy minutes out in Dallas and it's making me pull our my hair. No player has been this useless for the Mavs since Devean George laced em up for us.

Jesus Christ... :x

Troy is the only reason why I wanted Mcroberts to play no idea why you guys signed him.

Bynum would have loved those corner 3's from that system.

L2B: I fully believe Phil WILL go somewhere and do what Riley has done in Miami. Could have been us; our immediate future could have been SECURE.

I highly doubt that. I'm not saying it's impossible, but STARTING at age 67 might be a tall order for any person, let alone Phil who's had health issues in the past.
And then if you consider the landscape of free agents in the next few years....I won't pretend to know who'll be available, but can it really be on the level of LeBron going to Miami. Even more, Phil Jackson the man seems like a guy who enjoys his private life. Basically, I think he's done. I think this position was the last real opportunity to make a comeback.

Last edited:
:rollin jeez i'm just supplying info for those that want it don't worry i'm in it for PRINGLES since we got him already :lol
ANYWAYS in other news breaking story LAKERS PURSUING FREE AGENT MICKEAL PIETRUS ...since EBANKS got arrested again :{ STORY BELOW FOR THOSE THAT CARE :p
http://prosportsextra.com/report-la-lakers-pursuing-mickeal-pietrius/

he was decent with 3s in boston, could work for Dantoni offense, but seems like a lot more players will need to step up with shooting mid range and 3s

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2012/11/jacksons_side_denies_any.php

this story gets a little more in depth about the issue of having contract demands etc...from PJ's agent and PJ himself.

I don't give a damn what Phil says..... He doesn't want to be the one with egg on his face..

Exactly, he's trying to save face. Anyone who can't notice that is straight blind.

When has Phil ever voluntarily been SO ACTIVE in the media when not needed? The dude vacations in Montana (which is beautiful by the way). He's LOW-KEY thick and thin.

He's obviously trying to do damage control for how bad he is looking through all these recent reports. His reputation is at stake and he's going to try to do his best to look like the innocent good guy who got played.

:{ @ anyone who thinks Phil wasn't toying with Jerry Buss with some of those requests. Not only that, but telling them that he'll get back to them in a few days? C'mon man...in such a time sensitive situation. You either wanna coach or you don't. The funny thing is he did, but he wanted to play chess while the Lakers wanted to play checkers. He lost. :lol

Last edited:
If only Peaches wasn't horrid last year, particularly in the playoffs..... He'd be great defensively, but passable offensively.. BUT he really didn't show any of that last year.. Half the time he was screwing the Celtics when he touched the court

Josh Howard ain't bad if he would stay healthy. But when has that happened.. 07-08. Then has played 50+ games. Once. And he's 32, which was surprising, I thought he was like 28

Last edited:
Exactly, he's trying to save face. Anyone who can't notice that is straight blind.
When has Phil ever voluntarily been SO ACTIVE in the media when not needed? The dude vacations in Montana (which is beautiful by the way). He's LOW-KEY thick and thin.
He's obviously trying to do damage control for how bad he is looking through all these recent reports. His reputation is at stake and he's going to try to do his best to look like the innocent good guy who got played.
:{ @ anyone who thinks Phil wasn't toying with Jerry Buss with some of those requests. Not only that, but telling them that he'll get back to them in a few days? C'mon man...in such a time sensitive situation. You either wanna coach or you don't. The funny thing is he did, but he wanted to play chess while the Lakers wanted to play checkers. He lost. :lol

EXACTLY THIS...sorry to say I like PJ and all but the cat mouse game nipped him in the butt...Magic wanted to do this as well but never pursued but became an owner eventually to the DOYERS...the only person who did the business aspect with success in climbing and reaching the TOP of Ownership status in the NBA was... PAT RILEY (partial owner of the HEAT)... In short the demands were there he knew the LAKERS wanted him but played Poker way too long and the BUSS family aren't gonna let go anytime soon and give a partial hold of the LAKERS to PHIL...unlike what MIAMI did to PAT RILEY...that's BUSINESS FOLKS!

Last edited:
I don't give a damn what Phil says..... He doesn't want to be the one with egg on his face..

:rollin jeez i'm just supplying info for those that want it don't worry i'm in it for PRINGLES since we got him already :lol

I wasn't going at you like that... Just frustrated that everyone is blaming Jerry & Jim.. When Phil has a HUGE ego, and well documented one at that.

Last edited:
^^^no worries we are on the same boat on this I agree and read a lot today and saw all the telecasts that shows how Phil is trying to save face as you said because he did get caught up in his own web this time :x

repped +1

Last edited:
Bryant's FB:
It's been a wild week to say the least.
I’m happy to have closure and can't wait to get to work with Coach D'Antoni.. spacing, ball movement. And despite the chatter, I believe we will be phenomenal defensively. I’m looking forward to getting started with him and his staff this week.
Mamba out

Last edited:
So I went through each roster.... Looked for players who have a possibility of being traded and free agents currently left... There were five types of players I looked for.. .

Grouped as PGs
1. Straight up PGs
2. Combo Guards

Grouped as SF
1. Straight up SF
2. SG/SF
3. Tweener forward (SF/PF)

Ranked them in terms of fit. Some fit because they can run a pick and roll. Some fit due to athleticism. Some fit due to defense. Some fit due to Shooting capabilities.

Green - Means we can get them in some fashion
Orange - is a stretch
[COLOR=#red]Red[/COLOR] - Can't Get them at all

Point Guards
[COLOR=#red]1. Jose Calderon (TOR)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#red]2. Jeff Teague (ATL)[/COLOR]
3. Ramon Sessions (CHA)
[COLOR=#red]4. Tyreke Evans (SAC) Before someone gets angry. Reke is the best on the list, but not the best fit[/COLOR]
5. Delonte West (FA)
6. Aaron Brooks (SAC)
7. Earl Watson (UTA)
8. Luke Ridenour (MIN)
9. Devin Harris (ATL)
10. Boobie Gibson (CLE)
11. JJ Barrea (MIN)
12. John Lucas (TOR)
13. Derek Fisher (FA)
14. Jeremy Pargo (CLE)

Small Forwards

1. Trevor Ariza (WAS)
[COLOR=#red]2. JJ Reddick (ORL)[/COLOR]
3. DeShawn Stevenson (ATL)
3. Kyle Korver (ATL)
5. Dorrell Wright (PHI)
6. Mikhail Pietrus (FA)
7. Marvin Williams (UTA)
8. Hedo Turkoglu (ORL)

9. Derrick Williams (MIN)
[COLOR=#red]10. Tayshaun Prince (DET)[/COLOR]
11. Kalenna Azubuike (CLE)
12.Quentin Richardson (FA)
13. Josh Howard (FA)
14. Hakim Warrick (NO)
15. Ryan Gomes (FA)
16. Omri Casspi (CLE)
17. Luke Walton (CLE)

Remember fit is all opinion, but those are the list of people who currently seem available.. Of course there is always a blockbuster or two a year that trades someone you thought wasn't getting traded.

If Lakers do make trades this year, which I believe they will, it will be a repeat of what they did last year.

Last edited:
It's crazy that people (Not just yall) will believe "A Source Said:" over "Phil Jackson said"

Americans love to believe what they want to believe

i wont say who is telling the truth and who isnt. both sides hate each other. there is no cover for that. but whats done is done now.

now it really looks stupid that the lakers didnt sign barbosa when they could have. son would have had a chubby for days playing for antoni again...

something needs to be done though about the bench.

duhon played for antoni before correct? if i remember in the begining he was playing really well for antoni in new york but then something happend.

time for jamison to play the role of tim thomas...

no thank you to josh howard and french jordan

lol @ japanair go get that troy murphy jersey.

Back
Top Bottom