Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dwight Howard 'excited for D'Antoni'

Dwight Howard is optimistic that the Lakers will continue to improve. (Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times / November 9, 2012)
By Eric Pincus

November 12, 2012, 4:00 p.m.

Dwight Howard is looking forward to the arrival of Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni, after days of speculation that the team would hire Phil Jackson.

"I really didn't know what was going to happen, besides what I heard at the game, 'We want Phil,'" said Howard, echoing the chants from the fans at Staples Center.

Howard, who had a contentious relationship with former Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy has tried to stay politically correct through the Lakers' journey from Mike Brown to interim coach Bernie Bickerstaff and now to D'Antoni.

"I'm happy with what Bickerstaff has done the last couple of games. I'm excited for D'Antoni," said Howard. "I think it will be good for us."

Howard noted D'Antoni's fast, free style of basketball but he believes the Lakers can be even more of a defensive force.

"You have guys on this team who love to play defense, and he's an offensive coach. I think we'll find a balance," said Howard. "Here, you've got myself, Kobe [Bryant], Metta [World Peace], who love to [defend]. The young guys that we have, that's all they want to do: Put the straps on. I think it'll be great for us. Run and gun, but we can come down on the other end and play defense."

Howard remains optimistic that the Lakers, who have won three of their last four games, will continue to improve.

"We're keeping our hopes very high," said Howard. "We're getting better as a team. The young guys are really pushing older guys in practice. Once we're at full strength and we're jelling, and the chemistry is there, it's going to be hard to stop us."

With the team's slow start, injuries and coaching change, Howard believes the team's bond will grow from the adversity.

"We know what we have to do. We know that all eyes are going to be on us," said Howard. "We just have to stay together and stay strong."

The Lakers hope to have D'Antoni with the team starting Wednesday.

gotdamnit if directv doesn't get a deal anytime soon, might be time to switch.

Trust me when I say this.Directv isn't going to make a deal anytime soon and will likely hold out the entire season.

Make the switch to another TV provider in your area that has Time Warner Cable SportsNet.

The reason why I'm saying this is because they pulled the same crap 10 years ago when the Yankees launched YES network.More recently they are pulling the same crap also right now with the PAC 12 network.

Luckily where I live I have AT&T U-Verse, Directv, and Time Warner Cable all available in my area.I hate TWC and will never go back to them.I was a AT&T U-Verse customer for 3 years and honestly the HD picture quality is pretty close to Directv's HD picture quality.The only down side to AT&T U-Verse is their HD DVR.Directv's HD DVR lets you record up to 5 HD shows at the same time. U-Verse only lets you record 2 HD shows at the same time.

Another think that sucks about Directv is their horrible 2 year contract agreement.If you are under contract with Directv and decide to cancel before you fulfill the contract it's going to cost you $20 for each remaining months on your contract :{

So what I did was suspended my Directv account for 6 months so that I wouldn't get hit with a $400 early termination fee since I still had 20 months on my contract and so that I wouldn't be paying my monthly bill while I had U-Verse installed and use that for the time being.

Last edited:
Dwight Howard 'excited for D'Antoni'

Dwight Howard is optimistic that the Lakers will continue to improve. (Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times / November 9, 2012)
By Eric Pincus
November 12, 2012, 4:00 p.m.
Dwight Howard is looking forward to the arrival of Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni, after days of speculation that the team would hire Phil Jackson.
"I really didn't know what was going to happen, besides what I heard at the game, 'We want Phil,'" said Howard, echoing the chants from the fans at Staples Center.
Howard, who had a contentious relationship with former Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy has tried to stay politically correct through the Lakers' journey from Mike Brown to interim coach Bernie Bickerstaff and now to D'Antoni.
"I'm happy with what Bickerstaff has done the last couple of games. I'm excited for D'Antoni," said Howard. "I think it will be good for us."
Howard noted D'Antoni's fast, free style of basketball but he believes the Lakers can be even more of a defensive force.
"You have guys on this team who love to play defense, and he's an offensive coach. I think we'll find a balance," said Howard. "Here, you've got myself, Kobe [Bryant], Metta [World Peace], who love to [defend]. The young guys that we have, that's all they want to do: Put the straps on. I think it'll be great for us. Run and gun, but we can come down on the other end and play defense."
Howard remains optimistic that the Lakers, who have won three of their last four games, will continue to improve.
"We're keeping our hopes very high," said Howard. "We're getting better as a team. The young guys are really pushing older guys in practice. Once we're at full strength and we're jelling, and the chemistry is there, it's going to be hard to stop us."
With the team's slow start, injuries and coaching change, Howard believes the team's bond will grow from the adversity.
"We know what we have to do. We know that all eyes are going to be on us," said Howard. "We just have to stay together and stay strong."
The Lakers hope to have D'Antoni with the team starting Wednesday.

Dwight happy, I guess that's all I'm hoping for in any chances he'll stay.

Steve Blake out against San Antonio Spurs

Steve Blake, David Lee

Steve Blake boxes out David Lee as Lee attempts to save the ball from going out of bounds. (Wally Skalij / Los Angeles Times / November 9, 2012)
By Eric Pincus

November 12, 2012, 5:42 p.m.

The Lakers have announced that Steve Blake has suffered a minor abdominal strain and is listed a day to day.

Blake left midway in the first quarter Sunday night in the Lakers' 103-90 victory over the Sacramento Kings.

The Lakers will have to face the San Antonio Spurs on Tuesday night without Blake, who will sit out after his ultrasound exam by Dr. Steven Yoon revealed the strain.

Steve Nash is still unavailable with a non-displaced leg fracture, which leaves second-year point guard Darius Morris and veteran Chris Duhon.

Morris has been ahead of Duhon in the rotation, which suggests he would get the call to start against Tony Parker of the Spurs.

Through five games, Morris is averaging 6.6 points while shooting 45.5% from the field and 45.5% from three-point range. Blake has averaged 5.1 points on 35.3% and 40%, respectively.

Duhon has made only three appearances for a total of 20 minutes this season.

Wow. All those reports that it's 95% sure that Phil is our guy. I guess the 5% chance of not happening is Jim Buss. If this is true, Jim Buss just burnt that bridge. :{ It's like Jim has something against Phil.

But if Phil wanted the job all along, he should have been up front about it instead of making the Buss family wait.

Cp u said the knicks organization isnt the lakers organization. And its very true

However the lakers are now making non basketball based decisions. Which is PURE knicks. That's why shaw didn't get a chance but Brown did. And that's why phil got the midnight call.

Jim buss is a problem.

Wow. All those reports that it's 95% sure that Phil is our guy. I guess the 5% chance of not happening is Jim Buss. If this is true, Jim Buss just burnt that bridge. :{ It's like Jim has something against Phil.

He is shlomping his sis. And doesn't respect him.

Jim buss got that dolan in him.

But if Phil wanted the job all along, he should have been up front about it instead of making the Buss family wait.

Exactly, Phil was acting like the ultimate diva and now is releasing statements trying to do damage control.
I love Phil Jackson, the best coach to ever do it. But we don't believe you Phil. You were playing chess with your demands and the Lakers weren't interested in playing games.

Now he's trying to act like he was innocent in the situation..."Oh I didn't ask for anything yet, I was ready to sign a contract...I cant believe this happened...i didnt want anything crazy"

Da hell outta here with that... :{

Like I said, Phil is the best to ever do it and yes I would of loved for him to coach us.
But he thought he could get away with asking for the world and he didn't.

Theres limitations to everything in this world. Some of you understood that, and now some of you hopefully will begin to understand.

Phil was trying to go as far as he could before crossing the line with his attitude, and unfortunately he wen't a little too far. Its a risk he took, and it failed.

But don't feel too bad for the guy, he didn't get done "DIRTY." We've paid him more than any coach has ever been paid to coach basketball.
The guy has enough money to do whatever he wants for the rest of his life. He is known as the best by many people. His reputation is legendary. He has money. He is having fun with Jeanie Buss and living the life.
So don't feel bad for him just because of these "shocked" statements he's released, he's okay guys. :lol

Last edited:
JEEEEEEEEEZ. I wake up to this f***fest of a revelation? Why am not surprised man... :{
I'm getting REALLY tired. hahaha

then jim buss and the lakers shouldnt have said, we'll talk on monday.. cause that is just messed up.. jackson said he was interested in the job, but everything had to be taken care of contractual wise..

L2B: I fully believe Phil WILL go somewhere and do what Riley has done in Miami. Could have been us; our immediate future could have been SECURE.

Yup why did he tell them to wait until Monday :rolleyes. His Agent right now is so mad about the money he's missing out on. :lol

Last edited:
Cp u said the knicks organization isnt the lakers organization. And its very true
However the lakers are now making non basketball based decisions. Which is PURE knicks. That's why shaw didn't get a chance but Brown did. And that's why phil got the midnight call.
Jim buss is a problem.
I would have gone with Brian Shaw myself because the Lakers needed that continuity heading into the lockout season (:{), but the Buss family had every right to go with Mike Brown, even if it was a bad hire. They weren't obligated to hire Shaw, even if the players wanted him.

And the Buss family playing hard ball shouldn't surprise anyone. Remember the free agency handlings of Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza and Derek Fisher?

Best believe Phil wanted to make the Buss family look like they were crawling back to him, again.

Last edited:
He is shlomping his sis. And doesn't respect him.
Jim buss got that dolan in him.

Jim Buss IS the problem. I thought he came to his senses when he traded Drew for Howard but this is another slap in the face for Phil. I bleed the purple and gold until I die but Jim Buss is killing this franchise.

I just think Phil wasnt really a candidate to begin with and the media and the fans kinda shoved this idea to their face.

Mitch and Buss were forced to have a meeting just to get the news out that they talked to Phil but i think their mind were already made up.

Thats why we got the news early before Phil can say yes :lol :{ (which is F!up)

Well if you're complaining about Jim Buss.. Your complaining is misdirected... Complain about Jerry Buss instead.... He made the decision on D'Antoni..

He even was more sold on D'Antoni than Mitch & Jim..

Last edited:
I would have gone with Brian Shaw myself because the Lakers needed that continuity heading into the lockout season (:{), but the Buss family had every right to go with Mike Brown, even if it was a bad hire. They weren't obligated to hire Shaw, even if the players wanted him.
And the Buss family playing hard ball shouldn't surprise anyone. Remember the free agency handlings of Lamar Odom, Trevor Ariza and Derek Fisher?
Best believe Phil wanted to make the Buss family look like they were crawling back to him, again.

I didn't say anything about obligation or that that somehow owe shaw a chance. My point is hiring Brown wasn't a pure basketball decision

Im familiar with this type of crap haha.

Dantoni aint the worst fit. Hes a better coach than brown. But he wasn't hired for pure b ball reasons and that's what should concern fans

Ive seen this type of thing for many years. Even recently with how if lin signed with the agent dolan chose he'd be a knick. And JR smith kissing dolan's ***. So thats what i see from the outside looking in

Back
Top Bottom