Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why does Kobe find the need to keep leaving his man and helping out on defense? Just stick to your man, if you get blown by, you have Dwight in the paint to slide over.

I don't think he would get blown by very often..

I don't know what the Centerfield Defense came from. But it's really a product of last year for whatever reason.

58 to 20 on bench points
indifferent.gif

i dont know how this keeps happening

No.
It was the offensive board & turnovers that cost us this game.
You can't give up 20 offensive board & have 20 turnovers and expect to win.
You cut those stats in half and Lakers would have won easily by at least 10 tonight.

^I agree

But I was referring to the 4th quarter. :smh:

If we aren't blowing out a team in the 4th qtr by at least 25, the hack-a-Dwight will haunt us. We pretty much have to outscore these teams or hold tem to a crazy low point total to compensate for the poor FT shooting by Dwight.

Not that other factors aren't contributing to these losses, but when your team doesn't even get to cross halfcourt and run its offense for minutes at a time late in the game, it's probably not the most ideal way to stay in a good rhythm down the stretch.
But what about when your coach is too stupid to pull the source of the problem? It's not like Dwight was actually a huge factor tonight, aside from a few blocks, but the plethora of offensive rebounds by the Rockets negates all of that. 

Worthy just laughing at us. :frown:
I agree, this team has a curse. :smh:

Jim buss isn't a curse. Just a disease.

Gotta admit watching dantoni press conferences when he doesn't control your team is quite amusing.

"weird stuff was happening"

"we're closer than what most people say"

And the giggling. Oh the giggling

If the defense is the problem I dunno how he is the one to fix

Last edited:
Offensive version of Mike Brown, still all kinds of stupid. Take Dwight's *** out if he's causing us to not even get attempts at the hoop. This hacking **** has cost us twice in a row. So many more possessions for the opposition. Lakers need to get this **** together, season is mirroring last year too much for me.

That off your man started with Rondo. :smh:

yeah that's where i remember it starting from.

dwight's free throws were not the problem this game, he made enough. we should have never been in this situation to begin with, you cant lose a 17 pt lead then blame howard for not making his fts. that lead shouldn't be given away in the first place

even with d'antonis putrid defense, we shouldn't be giving away 17 pt leads. **** this team right now, no one is playing well on the defensive end other than howard and hill

Like I said earlier. I understand not pulling Dwight out late in games so he can get his "confidence" up when he shoots FTs. But at what cost will D'Antoni go??? It can't keep happening like this. Leaving him in the game, late in the 4th knowing they're going to pull the hack-a-Dwight is not where we want to be. Lets face it, DH is a liability on the line.
From the time it was 97-93, the hack-a-Dwight started and here is the breakdown up until the 2 minute mark:

0/2
1/2
1/2
1/2
2/2

Thats a total of 5/10 from the line. That is absolutely unacceptable. At that point we were only up by 2 and the momentum shifted to the Rockets. I understand there was some defensive let downs, but if you pull Dwight from that Situation, we could have at least maintained that 97-93 lead.

Loving D'Antoni's stubbornness

I don't know if it's stubbornness, he's doing what he should do as a coach by leaving D12 in late to work through the FT situation. You don't want to kill a guys confidence by showing you have no faith in his ability.......now if this were a playoff series it'd be a bit different I'm sure

That off your man started with Rondo. :smh:

yeah that's where i remember it starting from.

dwight's free throws were not the problem this game, he made enough. we should have never been in this situation to begin with, you cant lose a 17 pt lead then blame howard for not making his fts. that lead shouldn't be given away in the first place

even with d'antonis putrid defense, we shouldn't be giving away 17 pt leads. **** this team right now, no one is playing well on the defensive end other than howard and hill

He shot 8/16. We lost by 2.

Let's be honest... The offensive rebounds are a problem, but let's not say that Dwight missing 8 FTs when we lost by 2 isn't a problem.

Like I said earlier. I understand not pulling Dwight out late in games so he can get his "confidence" up when he shoots FTs. But at what cost will D'Antoni go??? It can't keep happening like this. Leaving him in the game, late in the 4th knowing they're going to pull the hack-a-Dwight is not where we want to be. Lets face it, DH is a liability on the line.
From the time it was 97-93, the hack-a-Dwight started and here is the breakdown up until the 2 minute mark:

0/2
1/2
1/2
1/2
2/2

Thats a total of 5/10 from the line. That is absolutely unacceptable. At that point we were only up by 2 and the momentum shifted to the Rockets. I understand there was some defensive let downs, but if you pull Dwight from that Situation, we could have at least maintained that 97-93 lead.

You shouldn't pull Dwight... Absolutely not.

The problem is... When he practices his FTs, I'm sure no one has changed his form.

I've coached some ball at low levels, and even when I played.. If you're a bad FT shooter... Just shooting and shooting and shooting FTs will not make you better.. You have to change your form.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom