Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know what the crazy thing is... We out rebounded the Cavs.... And we held them to 44% which is decent..

Yet lost..

Kobe took half the shots as the rest of the team... But made only 1 less.... :rofl:

That 1-10 when Kobe's under 30 is nonsense... If Kobe doesn't score 30 in those games, they'd be blowouts. Like tonight...

The Kobe save us Offense... Only works so long... He can bring us close single handed, but you need someone to make a damn shot when it counts. There's not one player on God's Green Earth that night in, night out can bring you back 10 points, and in charge of making every single bucket... And that's what Kobe is in charge of.

Last edited:
Yea..... I agree. That stat about Kobe and the Lakers being 1-10 when he scores over 30 is a joke. Half of those times he has to get it going just for us to get a chance to win.

I really don't understand how we keep losing. Dwights been playing decent and getting a good amount of rebounds, but he needs to demand the ball more early in the game.

The last few games Meeks, Jamison & MWP have been taking more shots than him.

Today was just all over the place. Kobe had to get it going just for us to get back into the game.

Not really sure what's going on. Even with just Kobe & Dwight we should be able to beat some of these teams.

i had a feeling that by the end of the season i would end up hating dwight.. A 8th grader can watch youtube for 15 minutes and know more post moves than this guy has used all season. even if he continues to be trash on offense i hope he gets mad soon and calls out kobe on his d, someone needs to do it

Dantoni getting heated on time Warner!

Idk who said it but someone said something about not practicing defense and Dantoni was like "we practice d for a half an hour" dude kept going on and Dantoni said he was getting pissed off started getting combative and they cut away

Last edited:
Melo is going to destroy us on Thursday, I won't eem be mad though. That's my guy. Has there ever been 2 coaches fired to begin a season? Even if they "get it together" and Nash and Pau come back; which doesn't look likely at all right now, we're digging ourselves too big off a whole in the standings, no way we even get to the Finals having to play all 3 West playoff series on the road. Panic meter is at a 7 right now.

"I talk to some of these guys and they act like we've won 8 out 10. Its gut check time we gotta get this right"- Antawn Jamison :smh: :smh: :smh: locker room in shambles

Like CP said earlier, just be patient guys.

The upside to all this is that--All this losing is happening with Nash and Pau out. I think when you guys get the entire team healthy, you'll turn things around.

Kobe can't be going for 30+ points anymore and expecting to win games. Lakers need to incorporate Dwight more and open up the floor.

no way we even get to the Finals having to play all 3 West playoff series on the road. Panic meter is at a 7 right now.

Are you really talking about going to the Finals at this point in the season with the team struggling this much? C'mon, son. You're better than that. Lakers need to take it one game at a time. The Finals should be the last thing you guys are thinking about.

Last edited:

The upside to all this is that--All this losing is happening with Nash and Pau out. I think when you guys get the entire team healthy, you'll turn things around.

Kobe can't be going for 30+ points anymore and expecting to win games. Lakers need to incorporate Dwight more and open up the floor.

But the double edge sword is if Kobe doesn't score 30.. We lose by 15+ in 80% of the games...

He shot 57%...

The rest of the team made 1 less shot.. Despite 19 more attempts.

Last edited:
Are you really talking about going to the Finals at this point in the season with the team struggling this much? C'mon, son. You're better than that. Lakers need to take it one game at a time. The Finals should be the last thing you guys are thinking about.

Guess you missed the previous sentence I wrote. Nash isn't going to solve the defensive problems nor effort and Pau has been less than good for the better part of the past 2 years. It's a quarter of the season over, I was saying that IF it turns around the hole is deep and the task will be doubly hard having to play MEM, SA/OKC, and LAC on the road.

Dwight can not get going if there is no spacing. There is no spacing with Duhon and Morris at PG and with Artest and whoever plays SF for us.

Even if Nash comes back, they still need an nba caliber SF to start.

The offense is not the problem though. The defense is just terrible.

I really am surprised that DBD hasnt been banned from this thread yet
11 assists as a team.

Ouch.
When you don't hit shots, you don't get assists..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Last edited:
MISSED FREETHROWs KILLED US AGAIN TONIGHT. Had they made half of the freethrows they would have a shot at winning.

THIS TEAM IS HOT TRASH :x

But the double edge sword is if Kobe doesn't score 30.. We lose by 15+ in 80% of the games...

He shot 57%...

This was just one game though. I know Kobe goes off when the team struggles, but he can't do that and expect a win. All the greats found a way to get their teams into the game without having to constantly put the team on his back. I know Kobe is capable of doing it.

D'antoni is a horrible horrible defensive coach. i've had to watch him coach the Knicks for 4 long seasons and it took Melo coming in to kick him out of town. Was it deserved? Of course not, but we weren't going anywhere with him as our coach. The man doesn't preach defense and doesn't put in the time during practices to work on it either. All he ever wants is a team full of shooters, 2 big guys that set nice picks (one of whom should be a flex type that can shoot as well) and a PG that runs around with the ball and keeps the movement going.

When the going gets tough and he doesn't have the "tools" to make his system work--He panics and throws different random ideas into the pot without thinking things through. He got VERY lucky with Lin last season. Without Lin, the Knicks wouldn't have made it to the playoffs. Plain and simple.

The brand of basketball that he preaches just doesn't cut it. It's fun and exciting to watch at first, but when the losses keep piling up, you grow sick of it sooner than later.

When Nash and Pau comes back, everyone will know what's expected of Nash, but it'll be VERY interesting to see how Pau fits into the offense.

MISSED FREETHROWs KILLED US AGAIN TONIGHT. Had they made half of the freethrows they would have a shot at winning.

THIS TEAM IS HOT TRASH :x

I'll go with TOs... Because Cavs shot even worse from FT line..

We had 19 turnovers that lead to 24 points.

We created 14 turnovers that gave us 7 points...

We don't even convert when we create TOs when the other team just runs rough shot.

Lakers are losing game in inexplicable ways.. If you look at all the key stats in a lot of these games, you would think Lakers win, but there is always one section that causes more chaos than the other.

Last edited:

He shot 57%...

This was just one game though. I know Kobe goes off when the team struggles, but he can't do that and expect a win. All the greats found a way to get their teams into the game without having to constantly put the team on his back. I know Kobe is capable of doing it.

D'antoni is a horrible horrible defensive coach. i've had to watch him coach the Knicks for 4 long seasons and it took Melo coming in to kick him out of town. Was it deserved? Of course not, but we weren't going anywhere with him as our coach. The man doesn't preach defense and doesn't put in the time during practices to work on it either. All he ever wants is a team full of shooters, 2 big guys that set nice picks (one of whom should be a flex type that can shoot as well) and a PG that runs around with the ball and keeps the movement going.

When the going gets tough and he doesn't have the "tools" to make his system work--He panics and throws different random ideas into the pot without thinking things through. He got VERY lucky with Lin last season. Without Lin, the Knicks wouldn't have made it to the playoffs. Plain and simple.

The brand of basketball that he preaches just doesn't cut it. It's fun and exciting to watch at first, but when the losses keep piling up, you grow sick of it sooner than later.

When Nash and Pau comes back, everyone will know what's expected of Nash, but it'll be VERY interesting to see how Pau fits into the offense.

Worst part is Lakers defense is that bad.. But it's hard to hold teams under 100 when you have to defend 87 shots without FTs... If the Cavs shot 40% they'd still be at 90 points.. You have to play perfect offense, and perfect defense to win these games.....

And you're right, no player can carry the team on his back night in, night out... Kobe can bring us close single handed, but asking him to make every shot for 5 minutes is absurd...

For the offense to work right.. Kobe not only has to score at a high rate by creating for himself, but create for EVERY single player... Lebron can't do that, Jordan couldn't.. No one can night in, night out.

Back
Top Bottom