Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kobe's 41 shots tonight is making people that either did or did not watch the game last night shake their heads.

But honestly if he got the foul calls he should have gotten and normally gets it wouldn't be that high.

Kobe right now leads the league in free attempts per game and he had only 1 free throw attempt which came on a defensive 3 second technical foul.

Last edited:
I'll take the win. I like the grind out games. Games like that can bring a team together no matter the level of competition.

If we have good showing VS NY that will tell me where this team is going.

LET'S GO LAKERS!!!

I'm sorry but no to signing Delonte West.

We don't need his cancer bi polar attitude on this team.

You sure a guy who is on his last NBA chance at age 29. Who loves the game, and begging for one last chance is going to be a cancer?

It's doubtful.

He's also never been a cancer to team chemistry.. He's been a cancer to himself.

Last edited:
cant believe how good ron has been playing...

actually starting to look fwd to him making shots, instead of cringing when he gets the rock...

good comeback last night, glad i stayed up to watch it...

Pau's decline and eventual trade from the Lakers really reminds me of how Odom's last 2 years webt before he got traded.

It's sad but it is what it is.

Both guys showed up in their last 2 seasons with injuries and being fatigued and out of shape due to international play.

Both guys had bad playoff performances. Odom & Gasol in the 2011 2nd round exit against the Mavs and then Pau last year against the Thunder.
Odom was instrumental in the game 7 win vs the Celtics in the Finals in 2010 and won Sixth Man of the Year in 2011. And he came into the 2011 season in awesome shape thanks to the FIBA World Championships. :stoneface:

Yea I never really heard of Delonte being a cancer in the CLE locker room until the Gloria situation which is some personal stuff between two grown folks if it did happen. Alot of guys seem to have given up on Mark Cuban as of late so I can't really fault him fully there.

Just looked at Pau's stats the best I could just using Basketballreference, ESPN, 82games.

His defense is not much worse statistically.. From a eye judgement it is much worse, but statistically it isn't. Lakers are actually less points per 100 possessions with Pau on the court this year, than they were in 07-08 and 08-09. His defense is deceivingly decent according to most stats. Defense actually gives up 8 more points per 100 possessions when Pau is off the court. The P&R will always kill us, and is the difference from decent defense to top of the league in defense.

But his PER is down because he's shooting 41.9%. And getting to the line 3 less times a game.

If we could get him to the line one more time a game. And making .8 more shots a game to his 11.6 attempts he'd be at 48%.

His stats would also be 14.6-8.9-3.7

We have to hope Nash can get Gasol to the line one more time, and get his FG% to 48.

Hopefully when Gasol and Nash are on the same page we will see more slips and rolls hard to the basket out of Gasol. A couple times last night Nash led him towards the basket but Gasol wasn't there.

CDR, GLOCK, & DJO are the top 3 scorers in the DLeague :lol:

2 ex-Lakers ballin I see. We should call DJO up and let him take Morris minutes @ the 2

Last edited:
which do you guys think would be the better team:

current team with 08-09 kobe

current team with 08-09 pau

current team with 08-09 nash

or current team with 08-09 jameson/artest

i would go with pau

i would go with pau
I would go with the aggressive Pau. I remember a couple years ago Kobe called him out on being soft and told him to be the Black Swan.

I went to the game last night, my lady surprised me with tickets. One of the most exciting games i've ever been to. Lakers fans were in full effect for sure, lower level seats were covered with Laker fans. I like the Warriors as well since I now live in the Bay Area, and that team played well, but when Metta hit that 3 to give the Lakers the 2 point lead the Arena went crazy! I'll put up pictures later, however a few observations I picked up while going a bit early.

Steve Blake will make a difference with this team, he's going to be a really good addition. Watching him warm up (which I know probably doesn't really translate to much in the game) he looked good and ready to help this team out.

Dwight needs to stop getting offensive fouls, he's not even trying he just runs people over and throws his hands up and gets mad when they call the foul.

That Pau play where he's in the high post and either finds a cutting Kobe from the side, or Alley oop to Dwight is going to be dangerous!

I hope to see them play well against New York.

Go Lakers!

I'm pretty sure the NBA is going to flag me for uploading the entire game. but watch it while you can.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
ASAP

Christmas day game against the Knicks I'm not worried about and I think Lakers will take it by at least 10.

The game after Christmas though is a trap game up in the Mile High City against the Nuggets.

Last edited:
Christmas day game against the Knicks I'm not worried about and I think Lakers will take it by at least 10.
The game after Christmas though is a trap game up in the Mile High City against the Nuggets.
I really think with the momentum and the 4 game win streak coming into the Christmas day game, Lakers can win. That Nuggets game will be a semi-close one, we blew em out last time when Dwight made that 3 pointer at the end of the game. We might still be tired but we can win against the Nuggets for sure.

i would go with pau
Kobe is still pretty much in his prime so I think I would go with Pau, or maybe Jamison cause that gives you another 20+ scorer. 

Back
Top Bottom