Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good game you guys. Difference was def Dwight Howard throughout the game.

As good as Kidd is for us, he's a liability on defense.

I had us losing this game, considering we're pretty banged up and don't have the size to match up against the Lakers.

I like what you guys did with Nash and Howard at the end. Kidd/Felton never knew how to play the pick and roll properly.

Game was a little mismanaged with the officiating, but that hardly ever makes or breaks a game. Knicks had plenty of chances of win. JR shooting that three was kind of a bone head move. Should've let the play play out, I'm sure that play was for Melo to take the three. Knicks run it sometimes and whoever takes the inbound pass, swings to Kidd on top of the key and then Melo flares out for a three on the elbow. Guess JR wanted to play hero ball (happens a lot).

None the less, LA really needed this win. Nice momentum and confidence builder going forward.

Someone said after Christmas day we would start a new win streak. WE STILL GOT THE SAME STREAK GOING! 5 straight wins!

Good game you guys. Difference was def Dwight Howard throughout the game.
As good as Kidd is for us, he's a liability on defense.
I had us losing this game, considering we're pretty banged up and don't have the size to match up against the Lakers.
I like what you guys did with Nash and Howard at the end. Kidd/Felton never knew how to play the pick and roll properly.
Game was a little mismanaged with the officiating, but that hardly ever makes or breaks a game. Knicks had plenty of chances of win. JR shooting that three was kind of a bone head move. Should've let the play play out, I'm sure that play was for Melo to take the three. Knicks run it sometimes and whoever takes the inbound pass, swings to Kidd on top of the key and then Melo flares out for a three on the elbow. Guess JR wanted to play hero ball (happens a lot).
None the less, LA really needed this win. Nice momentum and confidence builder going forward.

respect. you guys will do damage in the east.

Next 3 games are all against 500 teams (denver, portland, and philly). Imagine if we go on a 8 game win streak to play the clippers next thursday on TNT with the clippers holding on to their streak as well 
eek.gif
 . Would be an amazing game to watch. 

Next 3 games are all against 500 teams (denver, portland, and philly). Imagine if we go on a 8 game win streak to play the clippers next thursday on TNT with the clippers holding on to their streak as well 
eek.gif
 . Would be an amazing game to watch. 
I see us on an 8 game win streak coming into that Clippers game. People said we couldn't win today, coming from THIS thread. I told them not so! 

Next 3 games are all against 500 teams (denver, portland, and philly). Imagine if we go on a 8 game win streak to play the clippers next thursday on TNT with the clippers holding on to their streak as well :wow:  . Would be an amazing game to watch. 

I'd be worried about that Denver game next. They match up well against the Lakers. Gonna be a tough one though. Not a cake walk. Portland one is tough too. That Sixers game can be a trap game as well. They play hard on the defensive end and they slow the game down terribly. it's actually painful to watch. Wouldn't be surprised if you guys lost 2 out of the 3. Will it happen? Probably not, but it's likely.

Next 3 games are all against 500 teams (denver, portland, and philly). Imagine if we go on a 8 game win streak to play the clippers next thursday on TNT with the clippers holding on to their streak as well :wow:  . Would be an amazing game to watch. 
I see us on an 8 game win streak coming into that Clippers game. People said we couldn't win today, coming from THIS thread. I told them not so! 

Relax, buddy. It's just 1 game against an eastern conference team that you probably wont see in the playoffs (Unless you find a way to get past OKC and the Knicks beat out Miami). I think the next game against Denver means more. They really match up well against you guys.

The smart people had the Lakers winning this game. Knicks are banged up and Lakers are coming from great momentum from the last 4 games. I would've been surprised if the Knicks won. I was impressed with how close the Knicks kept it. Really thought we'd lose by 9-10 points.

Last edited:
Best +/- player for the game... Kobe at +11. Shot 58% tonight. What cost him from being better was 3s again went 1/5.

Dwight 14-12 :pimp:

Nash 16-6-11. :pimp:

MWP 20&7 :pimp:

Pau 13-8-6 :pimp:

List of concerns
-Playing Kobe 44, Nash 38 & Gasol 34.
-Playing Morris on Melo.. MDA couldn't have made a worse decision
-Leaving Pau at the 3pt line too much.
-D'Antoni has to stop getting too down on certain role players. Sure if they have a bad stretch, maybe you should take them out. But don't banish them the rest of the game. Or series of games.

Bright Side

-Pau looks like he is starting to gear it up. Tonight he asserted himself a couple times and tried to be aggressive. I think he also just ended the chance he gets traded this year. (Unless someone offers a bonehead deal)
-Meeks had a bad shooting night. But he's a 3 point shooter. For every 0-4 from three. He'll have a 4-5 from 3. We should be mixing up his shots a little bit, and get him a couple midrange shots off picks when he's not hitting his 3s.
- Last 5 games Dwight has been shooting 81% from the line. 26/32.

What we need

-We need a combo guard. Morris should get a dozen minutes at the PG spot. You can use that as a time where Kobe can be the focal point of the offense. Combo guard gets maybe 7 minutes at PG. And a dozen starting at the 2. Ends playing Morris at SG, which will be a mistake later in the season. Duhon needs to be removed from the rotation. Hopefully that will also take 6-7 minutes off of Kobe every night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom