Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we need to give Earl Clark a shot that dude can defend and is athletic enough to run the floor

Show me where I disagreed with any of that? My thing is...GM Phil is unproven. Coach Phil is the greatest coach of all time. How is that discrediting Phil at all? Unless of course you believe without a doubt Phil's coaching success automatically translates to bring a powerhouse GM...

I wasn't tryin to single anyone out, just making sure people understand that any type of downplaying Phil will NOT be tolerated. Not in here, not while I'm alive.

:lol:

I think we need to give Earl Clark a shot that dude can defend and is athletic enough to run the floor

"Every indicator is strongly negative: Synergy rated him the third-worst defender in the league with at least 200 plays defended, opposing power forwards rang up a 17.3 PER against him according to 82games.com and the Magic gave up 4.1 more points per 100 possessions with him on the court.

One might suspect this is partly a Dwight Howard effect -- Clark almost never played with Howard -- but checking on NBA.com's advanced stats tool, Clark actually made Howard's on-court numbers worse. Subjectively, I'd say Clark is better than his numbers -- he was fourth among power forwards in blocks per minute -- but it strains logic to argue he was particularly good last season.

And if he can't defend, he can't play, because the dude is just brutal offensively"

Every year a team is different. Can't talk about previous years facing a team. Doesn't work like that.
Like I said earlier, Nuggets lost earlier in the season because of a lack of identity and key players being out.
Every team has problems going against certain teams. It just happens.
But to think the Nuggets are "lower" than you guys is dumb, and thats the impression i'm getting with some of you.
Lakers aren't making any good news right now. They're making SC because of how bad they are on the court with such a "great" roster. Not something to be prideful of. Trust me, I'm a long time Knicks fan. I know what that's like.
Lakers need a lot of work and it's pretty early, but I doubt they get past the second round. They just don't have the right things in place to win. Kobe's will to win only goes so far.
Lack of a bench, old roster that isn't playing together, Dwight Howard with his erratic play, Nash not guaranteed to make it the rest of the season (You guys have a great medical staff, but it's not Phoenix), a stubborn coach who throws players in the doghouse and wont commit to defense. Mix all that together and put in Kobe who is arguably the greatest basketball player in this millennium and the Lakers seem like an extension of a Ringling Brothers side show.
I'm not hating (have to say it, because Lord know how sensitive some of you are), but it's what's going on. I hope you guys do well, I really do, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers got knocked out second round or gets a low 5-8 seed.

it's not being sensitive man.. just hear yourself for one second .. you said Nugs lost earlier because of lack of identity and key players out.. the Lakers are not the same?

We don't think they're " Lower " than us, i just have an issue with you saying they're a match-up nightmare for the Lakers while they're 1-1 this season

You're not hating yet you doubt them getting past 2nd round in december on Nash second game back and overall unhealthy starters..

Okaaay.

I wonder what would have happened if Glock and CDR were playing under D'Antoni :rolleyes I really like CDR's game, kinda remind me of Barbosa.

Every year a team is different. Can't talk about previous years facing a team. Doesn't work like that.
Like I said earlier, Nuggets lost earlier in the season because of a lack of identity and key players being out.
Every team has problems going against certain teams. It just happens.
But to think the Nuggets are "lower" than you guys is dumb, and thats the impression i'm getting with some of you.
Lakers aren't making any good news right now. They're making SC because of how bad they are on the court with such a "great" roster. Not something to be prideful of. Trust me, I'm a long time Knicks fan. I know what that's like.
Lakers need a lot of work and it's pretty early, but I doubt they get past the second round. They just don't have the right things in place to win. Kobe's will to win only goes so far.
Lack of a bench, old roster that isn't playing together, Dwight Howard with his erratic play, Nash not guaranteed to make it the rest of the season (You guys have a great medical staff, but it's not Phoenix), a stubborn coach who throws players in the doghouse and wont commit to defense. Mix all that together and put in Kobe who is arguably the greatest basketball player in this millennium and the Lakers seem like an extension of a Ringling Brothers side show.
I'm not hating (have to say it, because Lord know how sensitive some of you are), but it's what's going on. I hope you guys do well, I really do, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers got knocked out second round or gets a low 5-8 seed.

it's not being sensitive man.. just hear yourself for one second .. you said Nugs lost earlier because of lack of identity and key players out.. the Lakers are not the same?

We don't think they're " Lower " than us, i just have an issue with you saying they're a match-up nightmare for the Lakers while they're 1-1 this season

You're not hating yet you doubt them getting past 2nd round in december on Nash second game back and overall unhealthy starters..

Okaaay.

What identity issues do you guys have? MDA is pretty clear cut on what he wants out of his team. Run and gun and high tempo offense. Straight forward.

Do you HONESTLY believe the Lakers at this point in time can contend for a championship? Honestly.

Barring any injuries from other teams, the Lakers don't have a great chance. But that's not to say they cant improve and get better. I voted for you guys winning 40-49 games. I think you guys will win around 45 games give or take. But to make it deep in the playoffs? You need to have a deep bench, cohesive unit, defensive intensity and a coach that knows what he's doing.

It's highly doubtful all of that happens this year. Now, if you manage to trade Gasol, get wing players and hybrids who can shoot, Nash plays like circa 03-07 Nash and Dwight becomes the defensive consistent anchor that he's supposed to be, then I'd give you guys a GREAT chance.

Honestly, right now you guys are a great paper team. Again, no hate, bro. These are all facts and i'm sure a lot of people will agree.

:smh: at Jamison only getting 19mins... Ima watch the Portland game to see how we look against them, especially defensively on the perimeter

What identity issues do you guys have? MDA is pretty clear cut on what he wants out of his team. Run and gun and high tempo offense. Straight forward.
Do you HONESTLY believe the Lakers at this point in time can contend for a championship? Honestly.
Barring any injuries from other teams, the Lakers don't have a great chance. But that's not to say they cant improve and get better. I voted for you guys winning 40-49 games. I think you guys will win around 45 games give or take. But to make it deep in the playoffs? You need to have a deep bench, cohesive unit, defensive intensity and a coach that knows what he's doing.
It's highly doubtful all of that happens this year. Now, if you manage to trade Gasol, get wing players and hybrids who can shoot, Nash plays like circa 03-07 Nash and Dwight becomes the defensive consistent anchor that he's supposed to be, then I'd give you guys a GREAT chance.
Honestly, right now you guys are a great paper team. Again, no hate, bro. These are all facts and i'm sure a lot of people will agree.

Did MDA came out say i want a run n gun offense? i know what kind of coach he is but all i hear from him are spacing, ball movement and Nash..

You really asked me if i HONESTLY believe they can contend for the championship while they are struggling in December? really bro? Outside of MIA and OKC, maybe theres only 3-4 teams SEEMED like they can contend for the championship.. we can talk about this around march/april

If you think they won't get deep into the playoffs, then be it. It's just too early to even talking about this while the whole team hasn't even played together for a full month.

Anything can happen in the playoffs :nerd:

Did MDA came out say i want a run n gun offense? i know what kind of coach he is but all i hear from him are spacing, ball movement and Nash..

You really asked me if i HONESTLY believe they can contend for the championship while they are struggling in December? really bro? Outside of MIA and OKC, maybe theres only 3-4 teams SEEMED like they can contend for the championship.. we can talk about this around march/april

If you think they won't get deep into the playoffs, then be it. It's just too early to even talking about this while the whole team hasn't even played together for a full month.

Anything can happen in the playoffs :nerd:

I remember MDA saying he wanted to bring back Showtime Lakers. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.

I'll give you a pass with the whole team playing together. They haven't had enough time with eachother to know their games and how it fits into the system. Nash is a SOLID PG still in this league and he'll give everyone a chance.

It is December and the last 25-28 games is all we have to base our observations on. At this point in the year--The Lakers aren't a title contending team. They aren't even one of those "sleeper/threat" teams. Does that mean that can't change? No, of course not. But right now, they're struggling.

There are just too many obvious issues that the Lakers have and it looks like it wont change, because of the coaches track record. D'Antoni doesn't preach defense and you need to play defense to win, even if "anything can happen in the playoffs". I can't remember a team winning and didn't play defense in the last 10-15 NBA seasons.

Did MDA came out say i want a run n gun offense?
“We would love to be able to play ‘Showtime’ basketball,” D’Antoni said. “We would like to get some place close to it.”
Link

[quote name="geoff2005"]
i think all players play well before or after lakers. kinda weird.[/quote]Like... ? Don't just spout off at the mouth; let's see names.

I remember MDA saying he wanted to bring back Showtime Lakers. I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.
I'll give you a pass with the whole team playing together. They haven't had enough time with eachother to know their games and how it fits into the system. Nash is a SOLID PG still in this league and he'll give everyone a chance.
It is December and the last 25-28 games is all we have to base our observations on. At this point in the year--The Lakers aren't a title contending team. They aren't even one of those "sleeper/threat" teams. Does that mean that can't change? No, of course not. But right now, they're struggling.
There are just too many obvious issues that the Lakers have and it looks like it wont change, because of the coaches track record. D'Antoni doesn't preach defense and you need to play defense to win, even if "anything can happen in the playoffs". I can't remember a team winning and didn't play defense in the last 10-15 NBA seasons.
Nash just got back, and I believe with a couple more games the Showtime Lakers will return. The loss to the Nuggets was tough, but expected, because that team was too high energy for us at the time. Give it a couple more games for them to get into a rhythm, and we'll start rolling in the wins. With MWP & Jordan Hill providing high energy and Dwight slowly returning to full power, I expect the defense to only improve from here.

Needless to say, I believe the Lakers will contend for a title this year.

Like... ? Don't just spout off at the mouth; let's see names.

Right. :lol:

Barnes is doing his thing. I give him that. But, he battled injuries much of his time as a Laker.

Odom fell off. Still a decent player but we had the best of him...
Bynum is picking his Afro and bowling.
Farmar isn't in the NBA. Neither is Vujacic.
Kwame Brown is still Kwame Brown.
Javaris Crittenton became a career criminal.
Chris Mihm is retired at 33 and hasn't played basketball in 4 years.
Luke Walton is still a bum.
Joe Smith is out of the league...finally.
Josh Powell did nothing.
Adam Morrison did nothing.
Mbenga? :rofl:

Who are we talking about here? :lol:

Shannon Brown, Matt Barnes, and out of shape Odom are the only ones worth anything.

^You forgot Caron Butler and T.Ariza, well the latter went downhill when he left the lakers.

I'd still want Ariza back though :rolleyes

Like... ? Don't just spout off at the mouth; let's see names.
laugh.gif

Got him...

This team sucks.
They will not even make the playoffs.
Even if they do, its a first round exit.
Im gonna start the offseason/lottery thread right now.

Back
Top Bottom