Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldnt be surprised if Phil took that Job. They have a great core of players plus money is not an issue to the owner

[quote name="CP"]I really do like that game he played where he dropped a 3-4-2 out there. Got an 8-2-4. Big time 3-2-2. Loved his 6-5-3. Wait, he had a 7-1-2 as well. I see a 5-4-3, prolly player of the game in that one.....

Should I post the other 15 like this, or we good?[/quote]The man is 40 years old and is the starting PG for one of the best teams in
the league. Posting his paltry stats as if to say the only significant contributions a person can make are quantifiable is really
shortsighted. Dude is the goods; Bynum is not. :lol:

I think you all severely overrate Phil's abilities to build a championship squad considering nobody has ever seen him do it. Not even once. :rolleyes

[quote name="AG 47"]I think you all severely overrate Phil's abilities to build a championship squad considering nobody has ever seen him do it. Not even once. :rolleyes[/quote] I mean, for me personally, I don't think that his championships happened with him simply being the coach... only.

So... We've played Jamison 19 minutes in the past 6 games... Last 4 he's played 0. When are we going to ask if he wants a trade to the Bobcats which is where he'd be if we didn't sign him?

Just give me Ramon back..

I hate that Matt Barnes is playing so well.
mean.gif

Nuggets? really?.. Lakers always find a way to lose a game in Mile high city.. happens every season.. hell even Kobe doesn't shoot well in that arena :nerd: and THAT'S A FACT!

OR did you forget that the Lakers also blow them out the first time they play this season, remember when Dwight made his second career 3? Yup that's the game.

Match-ups? When's the last time the Nuggets won a playoffs series against LA?

Every year a team is different. Can't talk about previous years facing a team. Doesn't work like that.

Like I said earlier, Nuggets lost earlier in the season because of a lack of identity and key players being out.

Every team has problems going against certain teams. It just happens.

But to think the Nuggets are "lower" than you guys is dumb, and thats the impression i'm getting with some of you.

Lakers aren't making any good news right now. They're making SC because of how bad they are on the court with such a "great" roster. Not something to be prideful of. Trust me, I'm a long time Knicks fan. I know what that's like.

Lakers need a lot of work and it's pretty early, but I doubt they get past the second round. They just don't have the right things in place to win. Kobe's will to win only goes so far.

Lack of a bench, old roster that isn't playing together, Dwight Howard with his erratic play, Nash not guaranteed to make it the rest of the season (You guys have a great medical staff, but it's not Phoenix), a stubborn coach who throws players in the doghouse and wont commit to defense. Mix all that together and put in Kobe who is arguably the greatest basketball player in this millennium and the Lakers seem like an extension of a Ringling Brothers side show.

I'm not hating (have to say it, because Lord know how sensitive some of you are), but it's what's going on. I hope you guys do well, I really do, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers got knocked out second round or gets a low 5-8 seed.

[quote name="AG 47"]I think you all severely overrate Phil's abilities to build a championship squad considering nobody has ever seen him do it. Not even once. :rolleyes
I mean, for me personally, I don't think that his championships happened with him simply being the coach... only.[/quote]

Pretty much agree with this. I've always wondered what he would do with teams (historically) like the Wolves or Raptors, or even some of those fighting for 8th but not quite Rockets teams. After awhile i just figured Phil is the guy who can put an already talented/loaded team over the top, when some average coach may not do the same.

There's only like 6-7 coaches that really matter at any given time in the NBA. Everybody else is interchangeable and replaceable. But even then, those 6-7 coaches need elite players to win. The NBA is a player's league and if a coach doesn't have elite players, then it's a moot point.

There's only like 6-7 coaches that really matter at any given time in the NBA. Everybody else is interchangeable and replaceable. But even then, those 6-7 coaches need elite players to win. The NBA is a player's league and if a coach doesn't have elite players, then it's a moot point.

QFT. You NEED that superstar to win. It's just a pure fact. With exception to that 2004 Pistons team.

Who are those 6-7 coaches though?

1. Phil
2. Sloan
3. Rielly
4. Larry Brown
5. Rick Carlisle
6. Greg Popovich
7. Doc Rivers?

@KevinDing Pau Gasol has plantar fasciitis in his right foot and is listed as probable for tomorrow night vs. Portland.
The slow get slower.

Edit:

QFT. You NEED that superstar to win. It's just a pure fact. With exception to that 2004 Pistons team.

Who are those 6-7 coaches though?

1. Phil
2. Sloan
3. Rielly
4. Larry Brown
5. Rick Carlisle
6. Greg Popovich
7. Doc Rivers?

Last edited:
I mean, for me personally, I don't think that his championships happened with him simply being the coach... only.

I don't doubt that for one second, but Pat Riley is the architect behind the Big 3.

Jerry West got Shaq/Kobe/Pau.

Rod Thorn drafted Jordan.

The most critical pieces Phil has had the luxury of coaching, someone else brought to the team. I'm not trying to discredit Phil one iota, but to automatically assume he's on Pat Riley's level of personnel acumen, to me, is a bit premature.

Phil Jackson is the best coach we've ever seen. Period. He is MILES ahead of any other coach. I don't care who got what players, blah blah blah. You don't accidentally win ELEVEN championships.

And if you are confused, see the team we are following right now, having talent, stars, etc, does not mean it's easy by any stretch.

Phil's strength was what? Not just managing ego's, or rollin the ball out to MJ/Pip/Shaq/Kobe, how many times you see BJ Armstrong have a key moment? John Paxson? Steve Kerr? Ron Harper? Robert Horry? Derek Fisher? Trevor Ariza? Ya'll ever wonder why all that keep followin him around?

The guy kept everyone calm, played them the same way always, adjusted on the fly at all times (see Scottie Pipper adjusting onto Magic in 91 and us never winning another game), the way he let the team get beat down by 30 without so much as blinking an eye so that they learned how to take their lumps and absorb them. Never calling timeout when you want it, then calling back to back timeouts in 4 seconds to teach the team situations.

The guy managed EVERYTHING. Ego's, crazy players, role players, star players, the media, jerk off owners/GM's. And he went to the Finals 13 times in like 19 years.

It's NOT EVEN CLOSE how much better he is than any other coach, ever. Oh by the way, he did this TODAY's era, not the Celtics that played with 8 other teams and had one round then finals, no, Phil did this with a FULL league, MULTIPLE playoff series, and won back to back THREE ******g times, and added a fourth 3 season run to the finals. If Bynum and Ariza are healthy in 08, who knows?

91, Title
92, Title
93, Title
94, damn near with no MJ
95, rusty MJ
96, Title
97, Title
98, Title
00, Title
01, Title
02, Title
03, worn out team
04, Finals
06, almost upset 60 win team with Kwame, Smush, Luke
07, no chance
08 Finals
09, Title
10, Title

From 91 to 2011, 11 titles, and 7 misses. 2 of those being in the Finals.

No coach, EVER will put a resume even CLOSE to that. ****, the 2nd best coach you can throw at me is either Riley, or Pop, and neither one of them could beat Phil. Pop has 4 in 15-16 years. Riley did win 5, and went to the finals with multiple teams, great coach, but he stayed getting beat by Phil every time they met.

When Phil left, Pop won in 99, and 05. Riley won in 06 with Phil playing 3 D-League scrubs for starters.

Don't ever doubt Phil, or minimize what that guy did. I understand the players play crap, but championships don't follow guys around, and they damn sure followed Phil around. He essentially won titles with FOUR different groups of players, and REPEATED every single time. Every. Single. Time.

Riley repeated once, Pop, never.

Phil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *

Period.

Show me where I disagreed with any of that? My thing is...GM Phil is unproven. Coach Phil is the greatest coach of all time. How is that discrediting Phil at all? Unless of course you believe without a doubt Phil's coaching success automatically translates to bring a powerhouse GM...

Back
Top Bottom