Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Antawn for Lamar Odom. Do it Mitch.

Man i miss lamar, i had to turn off that clipper game the other night when i saw him make his patented left handed layup :smh: :\ :frown:

How can you miss a guy that basically cried over being traded for an entire season and wouldn't play ball, because of the city he was playing in? Dude is pathetic.

he should thrive with antoni but apparently he smashed antonis wife or something...

this is ridiculous man...

Wait, for real? :lol:

Last edited:
I believe the Lakers had targeted Blake and Luke Ridnour that summer. Both got offered 4 years-$16 million, Blake took the offer before Ridnour did.

I dont see whats eff'd up about the Jamison situation, he cant defend, and isnt consistent enough.

they knew what they were getting. jamison was NEVER a good defensive player.

he should thrive with antoni but apparently he smashed antonis wife or something...

this is ridiculous man...

mike brown and now antoni making sure no vets or role playing free agents ever want to come here again...

Jamison got squeezed by Kobe moving to the 3. And that causing Metta to play minutes at the 4.

Hill fits the rotation better than Jamison. So once Pau came back. Jamison was behind 3 guys at PF.

I'm sure there's a handful of minutes in the rotation, but it's probably sub 10. Which isn't going to help anyone, so they just increase everyone else. And keep Jamison at 0.

Last edited:
Ya'll tripping about Blake, he's going to do well under D'antoni and with the tutelage of Nash. He isn't worst than Duhon, and although he lacks the athleticism Morris has, he's much more refined point guard. How quickly we forget how he bailed us out game 7 against the Nuggets last year, hitting three after three.

As for Lamar he can go kick rocks, I don't miss him at all, after watching him cry and pout his way out of LA then out of Dallas now he decides to play well that he's back in LA. I loved him as a Laker but I couldn't care less about him now.

As for Jamison I can see him being lost in the shuffle of the team. However just how D'antoni starts Morris against quicker point guards shouldn't D'antoni put Jamison against slower PF's or SF's too? I mean he likes playing matchups, you are going to tell me out of 48 minutes there isn't a spot where he can throw Jamison out there? Jamison is a effective scorer he should be getting some playing time.

D'Antoni has been searching for lineups and rotations that seem to well together...regardless of opponent. Morris and Hill have been more valuable because of the defense and energy they bring to the game, haven't really needed Jamison's scoring as of late. 

I'm dreading the day Steve Blake comes back.... It'll take 1 game, 2 max to realize he hurts us, and doesn't help us in any way. He doesn't distribute well anymore. He doesn't drive. He can barely shoot. His defense is atrocious. I love his effort, but effort only goes so far because he produce little results...
I'm going down as saying Blake was the worst signing the Lakers have made in almost a decade. Not talent wise, but just the details. He was 29 when we signed him. Never even above league average in PER. And we gave him a 4 year deal. At $4mil a year. Absolutely terrible signing at the time, and even worse today..
When he comes back, he's going to clog up the rotation in the way moving Kobe to the 3, and MWP to the 4 did. And MDA will play him a lot because he likes his game :lol: I'd rather trade Blake right now and get back the worst NBA player possible just so we can have someone who won't play.

Come on I think your going a tad bit far lol

He is a good BACK-UP PG...the problem is when he was playing the SG :x
The only thing we can pray for is that D'Antoni keeps him at the back up PG position and NO time at the SG
Cuz Blake is basically a better Duhon...even tho I think Duhon is good in his role

I'm dreading the day Steve Blake comes back.... It'll take 1 game, 2 max to realize he hurts us, and doesn't help us in any way. He doesn't distribute well anymore. He doesn't drive. He can barely shoot. His defense is atrocious. I love his effort, but effort only goes so far because he produce little results...
I'm going down as saying Blake was the worst signing the Lakers have made in almost a decade. Not talent wise, but just the details. He was 29 when we signed him. Never even above league average in PER. And we gave him a 4 year deal. At $4mil a year. Absolutely terrible signing at the time, and even worse today..
When he comes back, he's going to clog up the rotation in the way moving Kobe to the 3, and MWP to the 4 did. And MDA will play him a lot because he likes his game :lol: I'd rather trade Blake right now and get back the worst NBA player possible just so we can have someone who won't play.

Come on I think your going a tad bit far lol

He is a good BACK-UP PG...the problem is when he was playing the SG :x
The only thing we can pray for is that D'Antoni keeps him at the back up PG position and NO time at the SG
Cuz Blake is basically a better Duhon...even tho I think Duhon is good in his role

He has not been a good back up PG as a Laker. It's not going too far. It's the truth.

He hasn't been one in 4 years.

It's not going too far. It's just common knowledge watching him play.

Last edited:
Ya'll tripping about Blake, he's going to do well under D'antoni and with the tutelage of Nash. He isn't worst than Duhon, and although he lacks the athleticism Morris has, he's much more refined point guard. How quickly we forget how he bailed us out game 7 against the Nuggets last year, hitting three after three.

He hit open 3 pointers in one game. :rofl: **** the least you can ask of a terrible player is to make OPEN shots. How easily you forget the open 3 pointer he missed that lost a game against the Thunder. Kobe's play late in that game aside. Blake had an EASY, OPEN look.

Blake is not a more refined PG because his passing is ineffective because all his passes come from 20+ feet out. Morris can drive. That's the passes you need in D'Antoni's system.

What is Nash going to teach a 32 year old PG.. Come on son. At least Morris is young and can shape his game still.

What's a below average PG going to change. He's not Kobe Bryant who can just change his repertoire yearly. Blake is going to learn to be a P&R guard :lol: He can't even drive to the basket.

We talk about Blake shouldn't play SG... Where do you think he is going to play... When Westbrook, Lawson, Paul are playing 40 minutes.. We're going to win with Nash play 43 minutes in the playoffs? Not likely. So someone is going to come in. MDA who loves Blake's game will take him off the bench, and put him in the game. They're going to play Blake on any guard in the West. All of which will torch him? Nope he'll be on SGs throughout the season and playoffs.

Blake will do well ? :lol:

Last edited:
He has not been a good back up PG as a Laker. It's not going too far. It's the truth.
He hasn't been one in 4 years.
It's not going too far. It's just common knowledge watching him play.
You're not going too far. Steve's "specialty" is supposed to be 3's and he hasn't even done THAT well. He's trash.

I think I want the Lakers to go after LRMM. He's a really, really good defender thanks to his long arms, athleticism and smarts. He can be assigned to a LeBron, Durant, Melo, etc. and slow them down for the 20 minutes he's playing. But I don't think the Bucks would be interested in anything the Lakers have to offer and his contract runs a year longer than I think they would prefer (2015 vs 2014). He can't shoot worth a lick too.

Last edited:
^^^ nah he's a big reason why the heat cant beat the bucks.... Only way we'd get him is if we gave them gasol
I didn't watch the game, but glanced at the boxscore after the game was over and saw he had 19 points. :lol:

I'll watch the game later just to see how he played.

On another note, the two times the Lakers need the Celtics to play well (vs Clippers on Thursday and vs Warriors tonight), they decide to stink it up. :smh:

Last edited:
^^^^ yea mbah moute allows the bucks to go small with pretty much any team and Illasova *sp* can stretch the floor. They both get after offensive boards which gives teams that dnt rebound well, especially the heat, fits. Add Monte and BJ in the mix and u have prolems b/c not only can they both score but they play at break neck speed all four qtrs :lol:

Read this on bleacher report

Blake, though, deserves one more shot to prove himself before the Lakers find his replacement.

Since signing in Los Angeles three summers ago, he’s been a huge disappointment. Blake was supposed to provide a scoring spark off the bench but only averaged 4.0 and 5.2 points per game the past two seasons.

Those are 3 sentences back to back to back :rofl:

[Clay Davis Voice]

Last edited:
He hit open 3 pointers in one game. :rofl: **** the least you can ask of a terrible player is to make OPEN shots. How easily you forget the open 3 pointer he missed that lost a game against the Thunder. Kobe's play late in that game aside. Blake had an EASY, OPEN look.
Blake is not a more refined PG because his passing is ineffective because all his passes come from 20+ feet out. Morris can drive. That's the passes you need in D'Antoni's system.
What is Nash going to teach a 32 year old PG.. Come on son. At least Morris is young and can shape his game still.
What's a below average PG going to change. He's not Kobe Bryant who can just change his repertoire yearly. Blake is going to learn to be a P&R guard :lol: He can't even drive to the basket.
We talk about Blake shouldn't play SG... Where do you think he is going to play... When Westbrook, Lawson, Paul are playing 40 minutes.. We're going to win with Nash play 43 minutes in the playoffs? Not likely. So someone is going to come in. MDA who loves Blake's game will take him off the bench, and put him in the game. They're going to play Blake on any guard in the West. All of which will torch him? Nope he'll be on SGs throughout the season and playoffs.

You would think the least a terrible player can do is hit 3 pointers, have we forgot the likes of Radmanovic, Murphy, Morrison, who were billed to be good three point shooters and ended up doing absolutely ****? At least Blake tries and hustles, he puts the effort forward. If we are going to talk about his misses, lets talk about Morris' misses along with his suicide bomber approach to fast breaks. Yea Morris can drive, but half the time its to no where. I'm not saying take Morris out of the mix, he's shown his moments, but give me a experienced player like Blake any day of the week and i'll take him.

I'm not saying he's going to be come Nash jr. or anything, but **** you don't think his game might change a bit for the better watching one of the greatest point guards lead the team? I'd give him a little more credit that that, I mean he is a professional basketball player.

You act like guards don't torch us now, we've been torched by every great, to good, to mediocre, to downright players who you forgot played in the league. I mean this year alone we've been torched by the likes of Toney Douglas, Cory Brewer, and Marcus Thorton. I agree with you Blake isn't the best backup point guard in the league, he's probably bottom 10, however I think his play could be useful to us, and the fact that D'antoni likes him is a plus. I mean we argue about D'antoni's defense rightfully so, but his plays have been pretty money, and hopefully a confident Blake can step in and knock down some open shots. Who knows though, I might be on the team Trade Blake for McDonald's Sweet Tea before the year ends.

You would think the least a terrible player can do is hit 3 pointers, have we forgot the likes of Radmanovic, Murphy, Morrison, who were billed to be good three point shooters and ended up doing absolutely ****? At least Blake tries and hustles, he puts the effort forward. If we are going to talk about his misses, lets talk about Morris' misses along with his suicide bomber approach to fast breaks. Yea Morris can drive, but half the time its to no where. I'm not saying take Morris out of the mix, he's shown his moments, but give me a experienced player like Blake any day of the week and i'll take him.

I'm not saying he's going to be come Nash jr. or anything, but **** you don't think his game might change a bit for the better watching one of the greatest point guards lead the team? I'd give him a little more credit that that, I mean he is a professional basketball player.

You act like guards don't torch us now, we've been torched by every great, to good, to mediocre, to downright players who you forgot played in the league. I mean this year alone we've been torched by the likes of Toney Douglas, Cory Brewer, and Marcus Thorton. I agree with you Blake isn't the best backup point guard in the league, he's probably bottom 10, however I think his play could be useful to us, and the fact that D'antoni likes him is a plus. I mean we argue about D'antoni's defense rightfully so, but his plays have been pretty money, and hopefully a confident Blake can step in and knock down some open shots. Who knows though, I might be on the team Trade Blake for McDonald's Sweet Tea before the year ends.

Guess what.. Effort doesn't mean a damn thing if it doesn't result in anything. Sure I love his effort. But he hasn't produce one iota for the Lakers.

In 2010-11 his Player Efficiency Rating was 7.2. I cannot tell you how amazingly bad that is for a guy who plays 20 minutes per game. Only player worse than Blake was Luke Walton. In 2011-12 his player efficiency rating shot up to 8.5. In comparison Fisher was an 8.0. Troy ******g Murphy was a 9.0. Even McBob posted a 10.9. In the 7 games he played this year, he had a 9.0 rating still amazingly bad. His savior is Morris and Duhon had worse PER. And one of them is on the job training. With multiple games of 5 or 6 minutes that typically result in lowered PER. No one said Morris is ready, fully developed. But he shows results on defense.

What is his experience exactly being in the league 10 years? Never being above average and he's in freefall decline.

We got plenty of experience. Our 5 best players each of which get 30 minutes per game at least have an average experience of 13.8 seasons. Kobe & Nash in their 17th. MWP 14th. Pau in his 12th. Dwight Howard is his 9th. Jamison is in his 15th year. Duhon 9th. Meeks & Hill 4th. We don't need 10 year guys. We need young guys.

Tell me where is he going to play? He's certainly not guarding PGs. So he's going to be playing SG like Morris. But because Morris can slow down quick guards, he's put on PGs. You telling me, we are putting Good Job, Good Effort Blake on PGs. Do we want defense, or do we want a **** show.

You do know you don't get better after 10 years in the league. You don't add new things, and become a player you're not. The players that can change are elite. Or are elite in one area, and can transform it into a different manifestation. What's Blake going to learn? P&R? He's not fast enough.

But what offense are we going to run. He can't distribute the basketball. So who is running the offense. If it is Nash then Blake has to be at the 2. If not Nash, it's Kobe, and we might as well just call it all iso because Steve Blake won't make a splash.

Kwame Brown is a professional basketball player.. Yet he never learned how to catch a basketball. So what truly is your point? He can theoretically say well I learned a lot from Nash. But he will never be able to change his game at this point. That's why people place young players with veterans because they can mold their game. No one ever says "Let's go get this 10 year vet because he can learn a lot from a 17 year vet." At 10 years, you don't become a new player. If you were not an all-star and only average at best like Blake was, you only decline.

So MDA likes him? What the hell difference does that make. I liked Josh McRoberts, but that doesn't mean I'm going to draw up plays for him. Or even play him for that matter.

We "hope" Blake can be money.. So why bother even taking the time on him. We've hoped 2 straight seasons. He wasn't confident when Mike Brown basically put him with as much minutes as Derek Fisher. And then made him starter. He played the same. Then lost his starting job.

Oh the coach likes you... Now you'll play better.. He's a veteran, that **** won't change. And it's not like Mike Brown treated him like Ebanks. He played him consistently and increased his role. And when he was demoted from the starting lineup... His role/minutes was still comparable.

He's just not a good player. Likeable guy. Great effort.. But he's not good.

Last edited:
Steve Blake’s Player Efficiency Rating

League Average is 15.0
03-04 10.93 (52nd of 61)
04-05 8.43 (64th of 66)
05-06 14.56 (28th of 68)
06-07 9.98 (60th of 72)
07-08 12.01 (48th of 69)
08-09 14.49 (24th of 66)
09-10 11.61 (55th of 72)
10-11 7.5 (67th of 70) *FIRST YEAR WITH THE LAKERS)
11-12 8.55 (73rd of 84)

His career player efficiency rating is 11.3.

If you average his spot among qualifying PGs. He finished 52.33 out of 69.77. And you remove the 2 outlier seasons 05-06 and 08-09 He's 59 out of 69. Meaning if I took 6 PGs. Blake would be 5th in any random grouping.

He’s never once had an AVERAGE player efficiency. Not even when he was good.

Back
Top Bottom